Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone GPS positionning and cheating on your Significant Other

iPhone GPS positionning and cheating on your Significant Other

Hello,

Just something I realized recently, and may be useful to other people... I own an iPhone, and my wife, daugther and myself are part of the "family sharing" feature of Apple. This means if I purchase some app in the App store (I actually turned this on for Apple Music), it's shared with all devices of every member of the family at no extra charge. Bought once, used multiple times. Nice! We are also on "Locate my friends" (Localiser mes amis), so we can see where we all are in real time...

This is great all long as you're not cheating on your wife! I was faithful for many years when we turned this on, but it's no longer the case. Turning this off now would look too suspicious, so I'm stuck with it.

Did you know the family sharing feature also enables viewing the positionning of ALL your family devices here? http://www.icloud.com/find

If you turn off the "sharing my position" feature in the "Locate my friend" app, all your devices appears with a note that you are not sharing your position, which will easily be understood by your SO as HIDDING from her?

Just saying... Be careful!

From now on, I think I'll turn my phone to plane mode whenever I'm going to meet my beloved mistress. I'm currently looking at other ways to turn only the GPS of my iPhone OFF, without it being too obvious. Stay tuned!

SF

Make sure to not connect on Wi-Fi if you're on airplane mode. Even if you the GPS signal, Internet will provide your position. Shut it down or get a android, I hate iPhone lol

Thanks for the hint, but switching to Android is just not an option!

I was not seeking for a solution by posting this here, more trying to warn others, potentially in the same position than me.

SF

Never owned an iPhone so I was not aware that you could not just turn off GPS. I always have mine off except when I am using google maps or uber - to save battery time. Its nice to know there are other benefits to this.

I've always maintained I would buy an iPhone as soon as they release a dual sim model, but knowing you cant turn off GPS is definitely a a factor now.

Plane mode works well, my phone also acts as a dash-cam (Autoguard app) so it becomes tricky disabling that as well. Just saying...

I never said you can not turn off GPS, I said that if you do turn off the "Sharing my position with friends", someone can deduce it's been turned off on purpose.

There is also a way to turn off the whole GPS, not only the "Sharing my position with friends" that I was turning off before. Maybe that's the solution. I have to test with my wife's phone while she doesn't notice.

I'll get back later...

OK... Tests completed...

DO NOT FEEL PRIVATE if you just turned of "sharing my position with friends" (wording may be slightly different, mine is in French "Localiser Mes Amis"). If you are in a "family sharing" (Partage Familial) with the wife, she will still be able to have your position with the "Locate" application (Localiser), or using http://www.icloud.com/find.

TO TURN OFF GPS COMPLETELY, you have to go to "Settings" (Réglages) --> "Confidentiality" (Confidentiality) --> "Localisation services" (Service de localisation) --> TURN IT OFF

Doing so will show "Localisation deactivated" (Services de localisation désactivé) for your device in the "Locate" (Localiser) application or on iCloud.com/find. So you're protected, but the wife will know you're hiding on purpose.

Hope this will help someone not to get caught!

SF

Merber
    Quote Originally Posted by SensualFlight View Post
    Doing so will show "Localisation deactivated" (Services de localisation désactivé) for your device in the "Locate" (Localiser) application or on iCloud.com/find. So you're protected, but the wife will know you're hiding on purpose.
    "Saving the battery" could be a legit reason for that. But then to appear consistent you'd want to keep it off most of the time, not just when you're out "hunting"...
    o . o . b . e

Exactly, saving the battery time is a very legit reason to do it, but you have to be consistent. I never liked any app having access to my location info, so I only turn it on when its absolutely needed, like when using google maps or uber as I mentioned before.

Turn the cell. Off

"Forget" your cell phone somewhere (e.g. your place of work, restaurant where you know the manager etc.) when you see your mistress. Get a burner phone to communicate with her.

Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Hello all

Sadly or for good ,there is many other ways then a IPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by SensualFlight View Post
    If you turn off the "sharing my position" feature in the "Locate my friend app"
    for wives to find cheating Husbands !Lol

Cheers

Booker

If you have a family sharing plan or if you are even remotely concerned about people finding out where you are or what your up to, make the investment and buy another phone. You can always shut off your primary phone and disable it. Buying an unlocked pay per month "burner" type phone will help to ensure that your two worlds won't collide.

what about the new dual sim cell phones starting to appear?

Quote Originally Posted by BookerL View Post
    Hello all
    Sadly or for good ,there is many other ways then a IPhone for wives to find cheating Husbands !Lol
    Are you talking from experience... I can only imagine in your namesake line of work, there must of be a number of occasions where you received a call from such a wife asking for "explanations" or what have you not?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast