Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycling Thread

VIP-9: Thanks Everyone! lgna69xxx's Avatar

Cycling Thread

We have a thread for baseball, hockey, ufc at times, soccer and others. Are there any casual or serious cyclists out here? Greart exercise and a fun way to see the sights in and around beautiful Montreal and Quebec, and many other places not limited to just Montreal.

So just got back from my first trip on the Lachine Trails this afternoon. When i first opened the door to my balcony and felt the chill in the air i was a little disappointed it was not warmer but went anyways. Once i got outside and realised with a light jacket, it was not that bad and at times in the sun it was very nice.

Took out the brand new bike (thanks guys! you know who you are) and did not try to overdue it the first time out on the bike path and did a modest 26k. Ahhhh the sights, sounds and smells of spring were abundant. The grass is getting greener, the smell of charcoal from somebody grilling lunch, the beautiful st lawrence right beside at all times, a drone being flown, people kayaking, one boat in the water lol, a wind surfer, even the traditional smell along that trail of somebody trying to get higher than the kite i saw flying. And when it warms up very soon, the sights of bikinis and daisy dukes will make the viewing pleasures even better while riding. All in all a great ride considering the cooler air but soon it will be warm and the people will be out in force.

So if you ride or even want to start, maybe even have a group ride sometime, feel free to post, ladies as well as you gents.
    VIP-9 It was a great evening, thanks to all who attended!

Thanks Igna - It is about time someone started a cycling thread! I am sure there are many avid cyclists in the Merb community! Maybe I can start us off with a discussion of what people think are their favorite "road" bikes - I vote Pinarello Dogma - the Italian "classic"!

Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    even the traditional smell along that trail of somebody trying to get higher than the kite i saw flying
    Shocking I say, shocking !!

Did you see any food trucks out there today ?

Best Regards
    Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

You are welcome David. Some of the more experienced cyclists might have a better opinion as I do not know of that bike.

Where do you ride usually?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCan View Post
    Thanks Igna - It is about time someone started a cycling thread! I am sure there are many avid cyclists in the Merb community! Maybe I can start us off with a discussion of what people think are their favorite "road" bikes - I vote Pinarello Dogma - the Italian "classic"!

Why did I know you would comment on that ONE part of my post No food trucks yet but the ice cream place was doing a decent business.
    Quote Originally Posted by smuler View Post
    Shocking I say, shocking !!

Did you see any food trucks out there today ?

Best Regards
    Smuler

Any links for some of the bike paths available in Montreal? I'm riding in the TD Bank 5 Borough Bike tour in NY next week. 40 mile trek, should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatwalooo View Post
    Any links for some of the bike paths available in Montreal? I'm riding in the TD Bank 5 Borough Bike tour in NY next week. 40 mile trek, should be fun.
    http://www.pedalmontreal.ca/

Best Regards
    Smuler

Sir Doc Holliday
    Gordon Singleton.
    "Proudly Canadian"

I'm already up to 250kms, and going. Circuit GV was brutal this past Sunday.

Greg Lemond 3 Time Tour De France winner

Best Regards
    Smuler

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCan View Post

I agree that the Dogma is an impressive poney, but expensive, with all my the marketing expenses they have to support.

I ride a Basso myself. Love the ride.

Sir Doc Holliday
    Jocelyn Lovell
    "Proudly Canadian"

Steve Bauer

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatwalooo View Post
    I'm riding in the TD Bank 5 Borough Bike tour in NY next week. 40 mile trek, should be fun.
    Good luck tomorrow Waloo

Heavy rain predicted

Best Regards
    Smuler

Sir Doc Holliday
    Curt Harnett
    "Proudly Canadian"

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast