Thread: Masseuses Voting Poll

Masseuses Voting Poll

In an unofficial poll that I have collected over the past 4 weeks, asking my masseuse of the day how she was planning on voting on January 23rd ---

Out of 10 bodyrubs:

3 = Were not citizens, thus, cannot vote (from the preponderence of Chinese and Russian parlours)

Of the remaining 7:

4 = Stephen Harper and the Conservatives
    2 = Gilles Duceppe and the Bloc Quebecois
    1 = Jack Layton and the NDP

A clue as to what may well occur on Monday -- no support for Paul Martin and the Liberals

Humonguous Member

Exclamation Conservatives are pro-life

The C's don't want to finance abortions, so girls have to pay 100% in private clinic (except recenlty Alberta and Ontario).

In essence, should be the girl's choice. Girl should not be forced to pay hundreds of $$.

Too bad this only came up this week in some newspapers (I saw La Presse), might have influenced some voters.

However, what good choice do we have? Lib's are too corrupted, C's have decent people on board, NPD too tiny, Bloc to self-oriented.

I was planning on voting non of the above, because of the abortion issues the C's have. So Green Party or NPD for me, even though I know my vote will be meaningless.
    ...larger than ever
    ...but divorce had me lose weight...I can see the tip now!

Humonguous Member

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by johnhenrygalt
    Constitutionally, healthcare is within the legislative jurisdiction of the provinces. Ottawa should have no role whatsoever in deciding what provinces wish to finance, be it abortion, open-heart surgery, liposuction or anything else. If the Quebec taxpayers wish to finance abortion, that should be our choice. If the Alberta taxpayers do not wish to finance it, that should be their choice.
    Then why did the Conservative party spefically talk against it? Prompting Dr. Morgantiler to speak up publicly? I find that weird.

The problem is the money, the Fed Tax contains $$ towards the province's health care system. So the Fed's stick their noses in the province's decision making process. So that stinks.
    ...larger than ever
    ...but divorce had me lose weight...I can see the tip now!

Nominem meum Nemo est
    Toto, I think we're not in Kansas anymore!

Move this thread to the lounge

Not much ado with MP reviews...
    Mod, pleez move this discussion to the lounge
    where it belongs
    (and maybe merge it (or not) with the
    What do you think the election results will be? thread)

thx

=N=E=M=O=

***Moved to Lounge**M5
    Last edited by MERB124; 01-20-2006 at 01:10 AM.