Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. media reaches an all time low

U.S. media reaches an all time low

http://abc13.com/news/teacher-accuse...lf-in/1366303/

Watch this tape in addition to reading the article. The reporter is unbelievable.

You used to see fake interviews like this in "B" movies. But those scenes were tolerable because once the overzealous reporter asked questions like "did you have an abortion.", the person being questioned often knifed the reporter. In real life, it just pisses me off to watch it.

It is useful to watch the video to the end, as the "Bustin' Out" (love that name) bail bondsman pulls up just in time. It would have been better advertising if he had gone into the facility to rescue her.

Bizarre case, though. Her Facebook pics indicate that she is quite busty, and she looks better with make-up.

The reports indicate that the teenage kid came on very strongly to her. Wouldn't have worked for me at 13, but I have doubts that he is going to be damaged too much by this relationship.

Final thought, why would any teenager watching this even consider becoming a teacher? It doesn't pay jack shit, and if something like this happens, the local media hounds the teacher to death.

She should lose her job and that is it.

I graduated from High School a long time ago. Me and all my male friends would of loved to go for a roll in the hay with a young teacher. It would of not scarred any of us. The worst thing wsa the damn blue balls we all had. Having said that what she did was wrong and she should be fired and forced to plant flowers and pick up trash along the road side for a saturday afternoon.

I hate the media. How about shoot the reporter and serve two concurrent sentences? I really hate the media.

I agree she should be fired.

But I think she is going to get serious time. She apparently talked to the cops at length without an attorney and admitted to a lot.

The young man would not have been damaged by the sex, of course. But he will now be so traumatized by her going to jail, especially since the reports indicate that he very actively pursued her online at the beginning, that he will not likely have much of a life.

I think that cops are pretty good about being realistic when the "perpetrator" is female, unless parents want charges pressed. But it is out of their hands when schoolteachers are involved. If a 24 year old nurse sleeps over at a friend's house and has sex with her friend's 13 year old little brother, or even if 24 year old bank teller has an ongoing thing with the male teenager that mows the yard or delivers the groceries, nothing much would happen. But a hot female teacher with a student in a case that attracts media attention. She is in a lot of trouble, especially since it involved so many sex acts.

Please refer to South Park episode 10 of season 10

Media down here in the U.S. has gotten pretty bad. It's supposed to be objective, but far too often has tried to shape the news rather than reporting it ... witness our presidential race where Trump is being scrutinized for every little detail, while Hillary doesn't face nearly as much of the media's ire. In this case, the teacher should face punishment. She's in a position of authority as a teacher. To have sex with a 13-year old is just wrong. I do question the action of the female reporter ... it's like it was a "look at me, I'm asking tough questions" act by her. Just report the news, don't make yourself part of the news.

As crude as they are ambush interviews have been pretty common for a long time.

If all of this is true the teacher will lose her career, go to prison, and legally be branded for life for having sex with a child.

I had my own serious longing for a hot teacher by age 12. I was definitely not ready for the real thing in any way. So everyone on a sex board says a 13 year boy could not be affected by sex with an adult woman. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by samclemens View Post
    ... witness our presidential race where Trump is being scrutinized for every little detail, while Hillary doesn't face nearly as much of the media's ire.
    A few days ago Trump was questioned why millions $$$ he raised for veterans had not reached them in over 5 months. Instead of saying something reasonable like there's a lot of red tape involved in getting it out to veterans he ranted about how sleazy the media is. Funny coming from the guru of sleazy mudslinging.

C'mon, guys. An adult teacher sleeps with (and becomes pregnant by) a 13 year old child, and we think that's kind of sexy? Yes, the reporting is disgusting, but it's not much better that this thread is ogling the teacher and dismissing any harm to the child. Would we be saying this it it were a 13 year old girl? Or a male teacher? And I doubt that anyone who thinks this behavior is okay has a 13-year old child, boy or girl. If that were my kid, I'd be fucking livid.

Quote Originally Posted by talkinghead View Post
    Would we be saying this it it were a 13 year old girl? Or a male teacher?
    Thanks very much. That's exactly what I thought. Guys here are indulging old teenage fantasies instead of being real about this. There's nothing right or good about what happened, including anything the boy did or felt.

Quote Originally Posted by talkinghead View Post
    C'mon, guys. An adult teacher sleeps with (and becomes pregnant by) a 13 year old child, and we think that's kind of sexy? Yes, the reporting is disgusting, but it's not much better that this thread is ogling the teacher and dismissing any harm to the child. Would we be saying this it it were a 13 year old girl? Or a male teacher? And I doubt that anyone who thinks this behavior is okay has a 13-year old child, boy or girl. If that were my kid, I'd be fucking livid.
    For what it is worth, I would prefer a world in which no one above 18 had sex with anyone under 18, but you have to look at proportionality. It makes no sense to me that she should spend years or decades in prison in comparison to any trauma the sex might cause him. Keep in mind that the reports indicate that he pursued her via the Internet, so it seems he got what he hoped for. The only harm I can really foresee (if this had not been publicized) would be the disappointment that the rest of his pursuits will not likely go as well.

Society simply raises boys and girls differently. A tremendous portion of the economy centers around creating a fantasy world for girls and young women. They have dolls and stories of young handsome men sweeping them away (specifically away to a $50,000 wedding). That fantasy world does not involve sex with an older English teacher with little hair on his head but lots of hair on his back who may ultimately encourage her to do housework instead of pursuing an advanced degree. That might make her less confident, as it is inconsistent with the fantasy world created for her.

Although a fantasy world is created for boys and young men, it generally involves conquests and success. Banging the hot, busty English teacher ten years older than him is not inconsistent with that fantasy system created for boys and young men. It just might make him too confident, but some occasional, unexpected, unpredicted success is not necessarily a bad thing. Risk taking is a big part of success.

Because of the enormous expenditures of the Barbie, Disney, and Wedding industry, I can grudgingly accept that society has a rational economic reason for imprisoning men who have consensual sex with minor women, especially when the age difference is significant. I do not believe that underage post-pubescent women are incapable of making informed consent as to the matter. Thanks to the Internet, they are plenty informed and aware about sex.

I see no reason for society to imprison women who have sex with minor men. There is no economic reason to do so, and how the hell can he not consent? He has to have a fucking boner to have sex.

What am I missing that makes you feel differently?

No one knows for sure exactly who this poor teenage male "victim" is, but this website lifted a picture from her Facebook page prior to her shutting it down that may well be the teen. I think he will survive this ordeal okay, I really do. Hell, I wish I could grow a beard that looks that good.

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2016...l-abuse-minor/

It is wrong for a teacher to have a sexual relationship with a student and as a parent I would also be livid...but is the crime worth 24 years in prison? Also, I am a member of that increasingly rare breed of American that actually gets up in the morning and goes to work. I pay a shit load of taxes and I support a lot of freeloaders. Now my taxes will be used to put this bitch up for 24 years (they can probably put her up in the Ritz Carleton for less than it will cost in a woman's prison) and when she gets out she will be worthless which means I will have to pay her welfare benefits until her death. And for what? Making some boy's dreams come true.

I wish they would put all of these female teachers in halfway houses. Maybe I would have a shot at one of these desperate ladies and I wouldn't have to fork over so much cash for sex? Hell yes I am mad. I am mad that I'm not fucking this English teacher.

The other thing that is really troubling to me about this case is the end-run around her Miranda rights.

Maybe EB can tell us if I am too far out in left field, but I find this fact situation to be horrible.

The media says she admitted all of this to the police, but when you dig deeper, that is not really so.

She actually got interviewed by administrators at her school, who were her co-workers and she probably believed to be her friends, when the rumors started circulating. She supposedly told a lot of frank things to them, and they relayed it to the police (most state laws require them to do so). The cops then obtained her cell phone, presumably after getting a warrant. So the police are really treating her statements to the school administrators as statements to the police.

Had it been a classic situation in which a real cop was the first to interrogate her, she probably would have gotten scared, would have shut the fuck up like anyone should in that situation, and would have lawyered up. Who knows, maybe there would then have been insufficient evidence for a judge to have even approved a cell phone search.

This whole concept of making school administrators act as the police, when they are not in fact the police, seems un-American to me.

Having a couple of relatives who are teachers I've been aware of regulations and issues about teachers for many years. First I believe Miranda Rights are required only from law enforcement when there suspicion of a criminal offense. Teachers are informed of their responsibilities and limitations and required to sign documents spelling them out. Schools are legally required to investigate offenses by teachers. No end run was made. A teachers relation to students is very touchy. A compliment to a student not related to school work can be an offense. A spontaneous hug from a grateful student can be a touchy thing. Educate. Do not get personally involved. The position is a TRUST between educators, parents and society. Fulfill your job within requirements. If you suspect an offense report it.

Sex between a teacher and legally adult student is a felony in many states. This kid was 13. There's no such thing as "minor men". Boy or man, minor or adult. This time a minor.

For a long time any difference between raising boys and girls has been very small where there are gender biological needs. Educators are required to treat both as complete equals with expectations to have the same treatment and opportunities in everything to match social trends and legal requirements. Parents may not follow that but that's out of step with the mainstream. Industries promote products more appealing to each gender when they think they can profit, but boys and girls are educated to have the same opportunities and treatment in everything. Differences in what appeals to boys and girls does not change opportunities or behavior standards.

Is the boy damaged? One way or another yes. If it's true the parents approved of this relationship what has he been taught? You can have sex regardless of the relationship between two people. No boundaries matter. He can become a teacher, cop, politician, baker, coach (Sandusky) and having sex with minors, anyone is fine. would you have that atta boy view if a male (or female) adult screwed your girl. If it was the boys choice it's no better. The teacher definitely violated all she knew and was required to follow. Too bad the teacher will pay much more for it.
    Last edited by Passionné; 06-04-2016 at 12:00 PM. Reason: detail

By all accounts I have read, he appears to have rather relentlessly pursued her by finding her personal Instagram and Facebook pages, and saying sexually aggressive things to her, long before she allegedly consented to sex.

If a 13 year old does a school shooting, and someone says his brain is not fully developed and he should be excused from the consequences of the act other than counseling and juvenile detention, everyone says fuck that, hang him in the school assembly hall.

But assume that same teenager aggressively pursues a teacher, and people say all the facts should be thrown out and the student held harmless while the teacher is subjected to a long prison term. The facts don't matter because of his or her age. I would view the case differently if there was evidence that she groomed him.

Like it or not, in the age of the Internet, minors have a lot more knowledge and opportunities when it comes to sex than ever before, and it seems to me that teachers are put in the firing line. You could say that they should just not participate in social media, but they are entitled to a private life.

And I understand your comments about school investigations, but who else has a job in which talking to your coworkers is the same as talking to the police, and where coworkers can be prosecuted for not reporting other coworkers to the police?

This lady could go to jail for an extremely long period of time and lose custody of her own child. That is not proportionate to any "harm" inflicted on others.

And I go back to an original question. How are we going to get young people to become teachers in this environment?

I bet 99 percent of young people 13-18 reading this story, and knowing how teenagers are in the age of the Internet, instead of how they were on TV shows like Leave it to Beaver, would think this teacher is getting a raw deal. Why would any of them major in Education? It pays lousy, and puts them at greater risk of jail if something unexpected like this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron View Post
    I do not believe that underage post-pubescent women are incapable of making informed consent as to the matter. Thanks to the Internet, they are plenty informed and aware about sex.

I see no reason for society to imprison women who have sex with minor men. There is no economic reason to do so, and how the hell can he not consent? He has to have a fucking boner to have sex.

What am I missing that makes you feel differently?
    Why do you think a girl who is the same age cannot consent, but a 13 year old boy can consent?

The truth is both boys and girls can mentally consent to sex but at that age an adult can easily manipulate them into sex. The manipulation can be done very easily. All an Adult has to be is make a vulnerable adolescence feel grown up. A 13 year old who has reached puberty has not experienced the strong level of sexual attraction for any long length of time. It's all very new. So society sets the limitation of legal consent for a minor with an Adult. The law sets an age of consent to protect vulnerable adolescents.

I really don't get you treating females different than males other than females can get pregnant and that opens up a whole new set of problems, which can be dangerous to a smaller 13 year old. But boys can have the same vulnerable feelings and emotions as girls.

What's interesting about these cases of statutory rape between teachers and students is the rash of women who are seducing their male students. I don't understand the attraction between a mature woman and a middle school boy. What is the psychological reason for this? Also, there have been far more women teachers involved with male students in the news than men teachers involved with female students. What's the reason for this trend?

In my school days, you heard of men teachers with female students, but never women teachers with male students. Yeah, I and some of my classmates had fantasies about a couple of female teachers, but that was an impossibility. It just never happened.
    So when will Hillary go to Prison?

Only the Democrats would have a potential CONVICT as their Top Presidential Candidate. Simply Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Patron View Post
    Like it or not, in the age of the Internet, minors have a lot more knowledge and opportunities when it comes to sex than ever before, and it seems to me that teachers are put in the firing line.
    Viewing anything on the internet does not mean anyone is gaining knowledge. Learning how to understand it is gaining knowledge.

The conditions of the internet have created a cultural sewer. Almost anything can be seen and said without being accountable for the effect and kids are deluged every manner of thing they are not developed enough to understand and put into context. None of this excuses immoral or illegal behavior. Seeing it on the internet is not a pass to do it. Also having the opportunity does not mean it should be done no matter what it is.

No matter what the boy did or thought the burden was on the adult to act like one and have an adult perspective about this from the start out of reasonable maturity, mandated education regulations and the law. But I agree it's too bad the boy will not be held more responsible. I'm sure he knew how and why this was wrong. He also knew consequences for him would be comparatively a slap on the wrist

Parents often say to kids, I can't wait until you're back in school. That means for about 7 hours a day 180 days a year teachers are limited surrogate parents trusted to be a model of behavior and an educator for appropriate standards. That cannot be avoided.

Internet? Maybe the kid is just a punk knowing this was wrong and didn't care. Just a kid figuring it's some kind of huge notch on his stick. Many are like that. Intelligent but punks. I doubt he was just too innocent or ignorant not to know what he was doing was wrong. The kids those they call "mentally challenged" who don't have the capacity to understand the wrong of this wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer41 View Post
    What's interesting about these cases of statutory rape between teachers and students is the rash of women who are seducing their male students.
    Men and women are equal. Equally capable of being the best or worst.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast