Thread: What will the US dollar do under the Conservatives ? Up ? Down ?

What will the US dollar do under the Conservatives ? Up ? Down ?

What do you think the US dollar will do under PM Harper ?
    Up ? Down ?
    I think it is going to go up since PM Harper will cut the GST tax, creating deficit in the Canadian econmy, theryby raising US dollar.
    It is going to be cheaper to hobby in the coming year.

We cannot raise the value of the US dollar on the global market...we can only lower the value of the Canadian dollar.

xoxox
    Anik

I don't think harper will create a deficit...not in the short term. Yes the coffins will get smaller but provinces will figure out a way to compensate the decrease in GST. Also, with the price of oil staying high for at least 1 more year there will be even more $$$ for Ottawa.

It's hard to run a deficit since we have a surplus that makes a LOT of countries, including all of the G8, salivate.

Cheers!

The U.S. dollar has been, basically, destroyed by Bush and the rest of his jackasses, thanks in part to his immoral war.

And it will get worse.

proud infidel
    I've heard some analysts predict that the US dollar will keep on falling with respect to the loonie thanks in part to the huge amount of debt the US has acquired under the Bush administration. Could anyone possibly have done a worse job than GW ?

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyBob
    I don't think harper will create a deficit...not in the short term. Yes the coffins will get smaller but provinces will figure out a way to compensate the decrease in GST.
    By cutting services maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by femaleluver2
    Could anyone possibly have done a worse job than GW ?
    Absolutely not.