Thread: Testing for non-Canadians

Testing for non-Canadians

Is it possible to test in Montreal as an American? For those of us based in NY Metro, any suggestions on where to go for testing?

Thanks.

Usually we just give people at the border an IQ test, the higher grades we pass as Canadians, once you are in Montreal you are safe and the patrols will probably not find you.
    Brush up on your algebra as they throw a few curves in those questions.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Assume you mean for STIs? Follow the links here:
    -places to get tested for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in Montreal

As a non-Cdn you will have to pay the fees up front.

Quote Originally Posted by fitz View Post
    Assume you mean for STIs? Follow the links here:
    -places to get tested for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in Montreal

As a non-Cdn you will have to pay the fees up front.
    Thank. Any idea what the fees are in Montreal? 10 panel test around $200 USD in US. I'll give your list a call next time I'm in town.

Quote Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
    Thank. Any idea what the fees are in Montreal? 10 panel test around $200 USD in US. I'll give your list a call next time I'm in town.
    www.cliniquelactuel.com Clinique l'Actuel (1001, boul. De Maisonneuve Est, bureau 1130) specializes in sexually transmitted infections and offers STI testing by appointment or walk-in, including the rapid HIV test (results in 10 minutes). Open on weekends.

Relocated
    Quote Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
    I think they are probably about the same. A friend of mine opted to get tested at a private clinic here and paid over $200, I don't recall the exact amount.

Androgyny & Ecstasy
    For the public system, costs would probably be $150-300, depending on which STIs you're getting tested for.

Clinique l'Actuel is great and non-judgmental, but they don't give results over the phone.

Créa-Med is one private clinic that does testing and will give results over the phone as well as email PDF copies. Their testing for cis men (HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, hepatitis B) is $145. I don't know if they offer testing for hepatitis C.