Thread: North Korea Executes Top Education Official for "Bad Attitude"

Veteran of Misadventures

North Korea Executes Top Education Official for "Bad Attitude"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...?client=safari

This story made me wonder how badly one's attitude must suck in order to warrant execution?

Extreme communism it is, and that is only one story out of millions of them ... .

I thought it was a bad attitude and I first thought WTF? But then I saw that this particular minister sat slouching in his seat. He was slouching. Fuck him.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by hungry101 View Post
    I thought it was a bad attitude and I first thought WTF? But then I saw that this particular minister sat slouching in his seat. He was slouching. Fuck him.
    Obviously the North Koreans felt that having their top education official slouching at an assembly set a poor example for the youth of North Korea. He had to go, but why not just fire the guy? Was execution by firing squad really necessary here or a tad harsh?

So, KJI never expects to be overthrown and fed to the wolves? Never say never!

nice gent
    Fear of being overthrown is probably the real reason for the execution.
    Kim is in constant danger of a coup, and for him there would be no retirement. He has to rule with maximum force to keep everyone in line.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by westwoody View Post
    Fear of being overthrown is probably the real reason for the execution.
    Kim is in constant danger of a coup, and for him there would be no retirement. He has to rule with maximum force to keep everyone in line.
    History teaches that even the guys who ruled with extreme force had to deal with coups. Even Hitler, he had to execute the SA leader Ernst Rohm (Hitler actually was nice about it and gave Rohm a charitable choice of being shot or shooting himself, and Rohm chose the former):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_R%C3%B6hm

But even after that Hitler had to survive an assassination attempt that nearly was successful. I think ruling with extreme force tends to increase rivalries and opposition rather than stifle them. A certain segment of the population isn't afraid to stand up to these bullies. So Kim is going to be doing lots of executions.

nice gent
    There were many attempts on Hitler, the bomb in the Burgerbrau is forgotten but would have wiped out most of the Nazi heirarchy.

Kim has to suppress any talk of coups to maintain an image of solidarity and unity at the top.

North Korea is scary. I pity anyone living next door to that lunatic asylum. Not long ago it looked like Kim had been removed and there would be a thawing of relations, and now things are worse than anytime since the war. Even then he could not endanger the United States homeland with nuclear weapons.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Westwoody,

It's now being reported that Kim actually had two cabinet ministers executed in July, and on both Kim ordered their executions with anti-aircraft guns, which has become a favored execution method of Kim's:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...aircraft-guns/

There is a video online of an execution of another of his ministers by anti-aircraft fire, which I will not post here for discretionary reasons, but suffice it to say that far more firepower than is needed is used to consummate the execution. It did not look like much was left of the minister. On the humane side, I imagine it was over with very quickly as death was instantaneous.

nice gent
    Kim is a monster.
    If a drone took him out it would be wonderful.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    You have to respect a leader who's firm and decisive.