Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 303

Thread: The Official 2016-17 NHL thread

  1. #1
    Sir Doc Holliday
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    16,694

    The Official 2016-17 NHL thread

    What are your thoughts in this upcoming season? Will you watch the upcoming World Cup of Hockey? How will the habs make out this season? What about the Bruins? Will the Leafs continue to slowly rebuild their team or will they make a run at the playoffs? What will the Rangers do? Can they continue relying so much on an aging goalie? Will PK Subban have a positive effect in Nashville? Will Shea Webber make habs fans forget PK Subban? Will Carey Price remain healthy throughout the season? Are you planning to attend any games this season? I'm looking forward to a great & exciting season!
    "Proudly Canadian"

  2. #2
    VIP-9: Thanks Everyone! lgna69xxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,036
    Great thread from a great guy and a guy who knows hockey!

    I will watch the world cup of hockey as best I can, traveling lots during it but will follow it.

    Planning to go to the leafs/sens opening night of the season and leafs in Montreal once or twice as well, possibly a game or two in Toronto as well, what about you guy's?

    GLG!!
    VIP-9 It was a great evening, thanks to all who attended!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Mtl
    Posts
    311
    I agree this is a great thread. I will watch the World Cup. I'm optimistic for the upcoming season for the Habs and the Leafs. Both should be better then last year. Will be cheering for P.K. To do well in Nashville. I think the Rangers will decline. I do want to see how Shea will do for the Habs. Not sure if I will go watch a game live.

  4. #4
    Sir Doc Holliday
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    16,694
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    Great thread from a great guy and a guy who knows hockey!

    I will watch the world cup of hockey as best I can, traveling lots during it but will follow it.

    Planning to go to the leafs/sens opening night of the season and leafs in Montreal once or twice as well, possibly a game or two in Toronto as well, what about you guy's?

    GLG!!
    Thanks and i return the compliment, although we don't agree all the time about certain things. But that's okay, nobody's perfect!

    Right now i'm not much into the World Cup, just like i wasn't much into the Olympics until they started. I won't be attending any of the games in person, but will definitely watch them once those stupid cash-grabbing exhibition games are over and done with. I attended two games at the last World Cup, held in 2004. That was Mario Lemieux's last hurrah if i remember correctly, and Vincent Lecavalier was selected as the tournament's MVP. What was unfortunately more memorable for me about that tournament was the fact i had to sit next to the city of Montreal's biggest and fattest person throughout the second game!!! He was huge and this fact made it very uncomfortable to me sitting next to him and being squeezed to death throughout the entire game. He actually couldn't sit in his seat and had to stand up while laying against it throughout the game. He also stunk very badly and it actually caused me to gag a few times. My biggest regret was not approaching an usher and to show him what i had to put up with considering i had paid big $$ for that ticket. The reason i did not was i figured that since the Bell Centre was full, the idiot usher probably would have told me that there was nothing he could do.

    As for the Leafs, i have no idea how they'll do this season. I'll have to watch the first dozen games before i give my opinion about the team. There are many new faces on the team, including a totally new goaltending tandem. It wouldn't surprise if they wind up missing the playoffs again, but it won't bother me one bit. They're rebuilding, after all, and the only way to rebuild is to struggle badly for a few years in order to be able to draft the best players available year after year, just like today's best teams have done in the past.

    Unfortunately, the Leafs' opening game is in Ottawa. Ottawa doesn't really mean anything to me. It's a boring place to visit. The hockey arena is located in a suburb 15-20 away from the city (when there's no traffic) and getting out of there after a game is a nightmare. I also kind of like the Senators, so it's not the same thing if they'd be playing the hated habs. I'll likely watch the opener in the comforts of my own home on my 70-inch Sharp HDTV with a 12-pack of Bud Lite next to my lazy-boy chair, wearing my Leafs jersey with my Budweiser goal light next to the tv. Go Leafs Go!!!
    "Proudly Canadian"

  5. #5
    Sir Doc Holliday
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    16,694
    Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    I agree this is a great thread. I will watch the World Cup. I'm optimistic for the upcoming season for the Habs and the Leafs. Both should be better then last year. Will be cheering for P.K. To do well in Nashville. I think the Rangers will decline. I do want to see how Shea will do for the Habs. Not sure if I will go watch a game live.
    I agree in regards to the Leafs and Habs, but it won't be that hard for the habs to improve with a healthy Carey Price and with a Shea Webber on their defence.

    I also believe the Rangers will continue to decline. King Henrik isn't getting any younger. I think PK will thrive in Nashville. But i don't believe the habs fans will forget about him. They love PK and will give him an ovation when he'll play in Mtl.
    "Proudly Canadian"

  6. #6
    The comments from Habs players in our French newspaper this morning were quite telling. PK was a big distraction.

  7. #7
    Sir Doc Holliday
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    16,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder1 View Post
    The comments from Habs players in our French newspaper this morning were quite telling. PK was a big distraction.
    Of course he was. I've told many people over the past couple of seasons that were he on a team i played for, he'd get on my nerves after a while and he might even push me to commit a violent act. Were i the habs' team doctor, i would have prescribed ritalin for him.
    "Proudly Canadian"

  8. #8
    VIP-9: Thanks Everyone! lgna69xxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,036
    The Americans are in a world of hurt after losing their first game and having to face Canada next game. No way will Canada lose to them or anyone else most likely in this short tournament.


    PS...... Maybe the young guns of team North America can defeat Canada, very exciting fast skilled team!
    VIP-9 It was a great evening, thanks to all who attended!

  9. #9
    VIP-9: Thanks Everyone! lgna69xxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,036
    It's only the rookies game tonight but the NHL could use the Leafs/canadians rivalry back

    VIP-9 It was a great evening, thanks to all who attended!

  10. #10
    Veteran of Misadventures EagerBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,879
    It looks like Bibeau kind of jabbed Bitten with his left glove.

  11. #11
    VIP-9: Thanks Everyone! lgna69xxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,036
    It was a habs player so i call it a dive
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    It looks like Bibeau kind of jabbed Bitten with his left glove.
    VIP-9 It was a great evening, thanks to all who attended!

  12. #12
    Veteran of Misadventures EagerBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,879
    I do not understand this World Cup of Hockey. There are teams from Russia and Czech Republic in the tournament, as well as a "Team Europe", although last time I checked, both Russia and Czech Republic are located in Europe. I don't understand how these teams are picked or formed or what the rules are. Kind of reminds of the NCAA basketball tournament the year they had the "Southern Regional" in Spokane, Washington. People do not look at maps or study geography any more in organizing sports tournaments. It is now socially acceptable to be stupid.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    I do not understand this World Cup of Hockey. There are teams from Russia and Czech Republic in the tournament, as well as a "Team Europe", although last time I checked, both Russia and Czech Republic are located in Europe. I don't understand how these teams are picked or formed or what the rules are. Kind of reminds of the NCAA basketball tournament the year they had the "Southern Regional" in Spokane, Washington. People do not look at maps or study geography any more in organizing sports tournaments. It is now socially acceptable to be stupid.
    Not to mention Sweden and Finland. The Team Europe is mostly comprised of Slovakian, German and Swiss players. Maybe they should be called Team (Rest Of) Europe.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I also believe the Rangers will continue to decline. King Henrik isn't getting any younger.
    Big questions in Rangerland this year..We did nothing to improve our toughness on defense, with only Dylan McIlrath as a physical defenseman on the roster
    We lost the Keith Yandle experiment, and gave up Anthony Duclair and two # 1 draft picks

    Kevin Hayes was invisible last year, so was Rick Nash for part of the year
    Michael Grabner and Nathan Gerbe were the best we could do in the offseason ?

    Who knows what Jimmy Vesey will bring ?

    Best Regards
    Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

    Trying one day to be " In the Know "

  15. #15
    VIP-9: Thanks Everyone! lgna69xxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,036

    2016/2017 Official NHL Hockey Thread

    A new season begins tonight!

    The Leafs have a bunch of rookies and the atmosphere is upbeat, why even Shanny, Lou Lam and MISTER Babcock are joining in showing the youngsters how to have a good time


    GO LEAFS GO!
    VIP-9 It was a great evening, thanks to all who attended!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •