Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: World cup of hockey 2016 ----who will win

  1. #1

    World cup of hockey 2016 ----who will win

    Good morning....interesting game yesterday night NORTH AMERICA--RUSSIA.....big win for Russia. I know a beautiful and lovely Russian girl who was very excited. Hope for her that Ovi will wake up.....but at the end of the day Canada should be the winning team.....

  2. #2
    Having a hard time caring about this tournament. Honestly, who cares?

  3. #3
    True that this tournament is not yet very popular....BUT for an hockey fan like me....y enjoy watching young spectacular kids--team North America---versus the best players of the world....nice and exciting spectacle. And am pretty sure that more people will b interested when Canada will play en semi-finale and in---i hope-final.

  4. #4
    Veteran of Misadventures EagerBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,266
    Aren't the Canadians playing for Team North America? I saw Nathan McKinnon score a goal last night for Team North America. He is Canadian, is he not?

  5. #5
    In this tournament team North America is a special group of players UNDER 23 YEARS OLD representing Canada and US....and they are very spectacular.

  6. #6
    And #1 overall Auston Matthews who they (coaching staff) were not sure how to use him before the tourney and even suggested he came in as the 13th and extra forward now is leading the team and is on the first line with Connor Mcdavid and found tremendous chemistry with him.

    Team NA is very exciting to watch. They remind me of a combination of the best Canada and Usa teams at the world junior championships with their style of play only better.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    In this tournament team North America is a special group of players UNDER 23 YEARS OLD representing Canada and US....and they are very spectacular.
    MTLGFE & UNICORNS Dual Agency Party! PM to attend

  7. #7
    Veteran of Misadventures EagerBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,266
    So Team Europe is all the under 23 Europeans, and the teams from Sweden, Finland, Russia and Czech Republic are the "older guys" 23 and up?

  8. #8
    semi-retired hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    16,979
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Good morning....interesting game yesterday night NORTH AMERICA--RUSSIA.....big win for Russia. I know a beautiful and lovely Russian girl who was very excited. Hope for her that Ovi will wake up.....but at the end of the day Canada should be the winning team.....
    The story of last night's game was Murray sucked while Bobrovski was great. The young guns were amazing & as i mentioned the difference was goaltending.
    "Proudly Canadian"

  9. #9
    semi-retired hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    16,979
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    So Team Europe is all the under 23 Europeans, and the teams from Sweden, Finland, Russia and Czech Republic are the "older guys" 23 and up?
    No. Team Europe consists of european players outside of Russia, Czech Republic, Sweden and Finland. Players from Slovakia, German, Austria, Switzerland and other european countries (other than the ones i named) play for Team Europe.
    "Proudly Canadian"

  10. #10
    semi-retired hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    16,979
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    True that this tournament is not yet very popular....BUT for an hockey fan like me....y enjoy watching young spectacular kids--team North America---versus the best players of the world....nice and exciting spectacle. And am pretty sure that more people will b interested when Canada will play en semi-finale and in---i hope-final.
    I agree it's not as popular as it should be. But the organizers partly have themselves to blame for this. They never should have changed the name of the tournament from Canada Cup to World Cup. All the past Canada Cups were memorable. I attended the last World Cup and i barely remember any of the games. Until recently, i had forgot that Canada had won the tournament. All i remember is that Vincent Lecavalier played great and was named tournament mvp, and i finally got to see Mario Lemieux.

    And as i mentioned, the most memorable moment for me was having that smelly jumbo elephant sitting in top of me for over two periods!!!

    p.s. Interest should pick up this week. It's hard to get into hockey during the summer while there are other sports (MLB, NFL) going on.
    "Proudly Canadian"

  11. #11
    Beav, it is basically a big cash grab that Bettman and Co. came up with but still exciting hockey so it's all good in my book. When is the last time you saw competitive hockey in the summer?
    MTLGFE & UNICORNS Dual Agency Party! PM to attend

  12. #12
    Fully agree with you DOC....BOBROVSKI'S performance made the difference yesterday. Canada--USA tonight.......should b a great game.....Team USA will b battle for their survival......

  13. #13
    semi-retired hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    16,979
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Fully agree with you DOC....BOBROVSKI'S performance made the difference yesterday. Canada--USA tonight.......should b a great game.....Team USA will b battle for their survival......
    USA deserves its fate. First by naming John Tortorella as its head coach, and then bypassing offensively-gifted Phil Kessel more than once when selecting its players. You need to score goals in such a highly-skilled, prestigious event.

    One more thing: Alex Galchenyuk should have been named to Team North America. But maybe he's not regarded as a bonafide North American by the people who selected the team, although he was born in the USA before leaving for Russia at a younger age.
    "Proudly Canadian"

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Canada--USA tonight.......should b a great game......
    Should be a great game

    A certain young lady was busting my balls about the Russia game last night, dinging me every goal they scored..

    I told her she would get a paddling from me

    She better be prepared

    Best Regards
    Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

    Trying one day to be " In the Know "

  15. #15
    Canada---Usa.....not the great and exciting game i was expecting.....it's over for team USA.....looks good for team CANADA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •