Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Dylan - Nobel prize for literature

Bob Dylan - Nobel prize for literature

This is quite refreshing to see Bob Dylan receiving the nobel prize for literature!

I learned to love folk music listening to him over and over. I still have an old tape of a 1970 show with Bob Dylan and the Band!

As a french, I do not master english at all. Still I always loved his lyrics. He had no voice but made it big. Were far far far and away from Justin Beiber here folks

Hats off to Bob!

Cheers,

The hottest girl I met in college turned me on to him, and I love to listen to his songs while cleaning or painting. They are thought provoking.

His lyrics are brilliant and it was a treat to hear the occasional song on the show Mad Men, like "Don't think twice, its all right. It ain't no use turnin' on your light babe. The light I never knowed. It ain't no use in turnin' on your light babe. I'm on the dark side of the road."

During my hippie years living in the McGill ghetto I would drop acid while listening to Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
    If you would have told me back then that he would win a Nobel Prize I would have laughed my ass off.
    Now I realize that he damn well deserves it

Veteran of Misadventures EagerBeaver's Avatar
    It's an incredible accomplishment and well deserved by an American cultural icon.

He is Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by roof2013 View Post
    He is Canadian
    I think you confusing him with Neil Young. That is ok, another genius. With some acid, mushroom or pot, I mix them up a lot over the years

Cheers,

Actually Dylan was born in Minnesota and is 1000% American

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Dylan

Maybe he meant Leonard Cohen who was born in Montreal.

I thought he grew up in cote st Luc , a small Jewish community in Montreal , but perhaps not

Quote Originally Posted by cloudsurf View Post
    During my hippie years living in the McGill ghetto I would drop acid while listening to Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
    If you would have told me back then that he would win a Nobel Prize I would have laughed my ass off.
    Now I realize that he damn well deserves it
    Actually Dylan used to play at a coffee house on Sherbrooke st near Park, called the Green Door. Loved those times !
    " You actually get to choose your friends, family.........well..."

Park or Parc south of Pine is called Bleury if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by roof2013 View Post
    I thought he grew up in cote st Luc , a small Jewish community in Montreal , but perhaps not
    He grew up in a Jewish community in Hibbing, Minnesota and at some point moved to Minneapolis according to the wiki bio. Minnesota is in the USA, not Canada.

He was a hack. Nobel just keeps sinking lower and lower... well maybe not that much seeing as Nobel was an arms manufacturer, a dealer of death. Another worthless, hack.

Obama won a peace prize, right? From 'Nobel'?

Oh, so many scumbags.

"Rambling out of the wild west
    Leaving the towns I love best
    Thought I'd seen some ups and down
    'Till I come into New York town
    People going down to the ground
    Building going up to the sky."

This degenerate shit wins a prize given out by another degenerate... hahahahahahahaha

Dylan Not Responding

Nobel Prize has stopped knock, knock, knocking on Bob Dylan's door http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/18/entert...rnd/index.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast