View Poll Results: What is Your Favorite Hotel in Montreal ?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hotel Omni

5 8.47%
  • Hyatt

7 11.86%
  • Sofitel

2 3.39%
  • Sheraton (Rene Levesque and Stanley)

4 6.78%
  • Vogue

10 16.95%
  • Hilton Bonaventure

6 10.17%
  • Hotel W

5 8.47%
  • Delta Montreal (President Kennedy)

5 8.47%
  • Hotel de la Montagne

11 18.64%
  • Holiday Inn Express (Rene Levesque)

4 6.78%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Hotel In Montreal?

Veteran of Misadventures

What's Your Favorite Hotel In Montreal?

This poll is for informative purposes more than anything else. I thought tourists would be curious as to what MERBites think.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    This poll is for informative purposes more than anything else. I thought tourists would be curious as to what MERBites think.
    You missed a couple of major hotels - the Delta on University and the Marriott Chateau Champlain on Peel/de la Gauchetiere...yeah, I know you can't get them all.

Veteran of Misadventures
    chefplus,

I am aware of those hotels and I have stayed at the Delta Centre Ville, but it is not offered on the major online booking services (Hotwire and Priceline), so I went with the hotels that are and/or the ones that are popular with members. There are only 10 options in the poll so there is no way to include every hotel.

Sheraton

I really like the Sheraton, and of course their "Service Promise" is great: if anything is not up to par they give you points to make up for it. I have stayed there many times on points + US $45. I just recently went to the extent of getting a Starwood credit card. I won their business card draw on one occasion last year; it gave me one free night

Mods: I hope this is not construed as promotion; I have nothing to do with the hotel.

Clarion on de Maisonneuve

I've only stayed at the Clarion suites because that's where the company puts us. But it is walkable to St. Catherines, Atwater and is SP friendly. Some of ther rooms are like small apartments and some are like very large rooms. I'll probably stay there on my hobby trip in May/June.

There are a lot of beautiful hotels mentioned, but I am probably not the only one who can't help smiling when I drive by the Chablis.

Working rage-aholic
    None of the above. St. Sulpice, followed by Le Meridien, on Sherbrooke.

Quote Originally Posted by Daringly
    I really like the hotel de la montagne. No better spot to start your day in the summertime than on the rooftop bar having a cold one and watching some babes sunbath next to the pool. It is also a great location, one street over from crescent and all kinds of stripclubs and restaurants within minutes from the hotel.
    Daringly,

That rooftop is great in the summer...lots of eye candy!

GG

Yes on Le Nelligan; the staff is great.
    Add Le Germain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaempferrand
    Personally I enjoy..

Hotel Nelligan
    Le Meridien Versailles
    L'Auberge du Vieux Port
    Hotel Vogue
    Memory loves time

Quote Originally Posted by JacknJill
    I dot not have any comparison with Auberge des gouverneurs, i do not havethe choice to not take it because of my business, but i never saw it liste in the hotels to go.

Why is that? IUt is not taht i find it very appealing (no internet if you are not a corporate), but i would like to know the cons about it.

JNJ
    Check EB's post on a similar question I had - the poll allows only 10 items.

incognito_NYC

Depends on the criteria ....

I always say that I don't go on vacation to sit in my hotel room.

That being said, my choice of hotel is going to be based on other factors like : 1 - proximity to local attractions (how far's the ski lift? is it centrally located to sights that I want to see? can I crawl home from the bar or will I need a taxi?) or 2 - location relative to transportation (am I close to the airport if I'm flying or is it easy to get to from a main highway if I'm driving) or 3 - special features unique to this hotel (pool, roof terrace, balcony, nightclub on premises).

For those reasons I usually choose L'Hotel de la Montagne because it fits those criteria.

But as far as hotel quality (room decor, room service, lobby, etc.) I know that there are much better places in Montreal. If I was travelling with a lady & wanted to impress her then I would choose another hotel.

But for me as long as the room is comfortable and spacious (I can't stand shoeboxes!) then I really look for other things that are not directly related to the hotel itself or its level of service.

Chocolates on my pillow? Doilies on the credenza? Fresh-cut flowers replaced daily?

A single guy on vacation to have fun doesn't need useful amenities like that. Like I said, that's to impress the ladies.
    - Incognito_NYC

Fnally, i booked with four points Sheraton,Any input on them?

JNJ
    It's an older, smaller hotel (that needs to be renovated) on Sherbrooke; not as nice as the Sheraton on Rene-Levesque, for example. See if you can get a room with a jacuzzi on the top floor (I managed to get a free upgrade); it's a small jacuzzi, though. I think they upgraded the beds since I was last there.

Valet parking only.

Thx chef plus. ihope it is sp freindly.

JNJ
    I don't think you'll have a problem there. It is very open.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Fnally, i booked with four points Sheraton,Any input on them?JNJ
    Another hobbyist invited me to his room at the Sheraton Four Points, and it was much nicer than I expected. However as I recall it was a suite, and he had upgraded for a minimal charge due to having built up some kind of points from past visits. For sure the overall hotel is not as nice as the other Sheraton on Rene Levesque and Stanley.

JacknJill, which Holiday Inn was it that could not speak to you in French - the Holiday Inn Select? I am rather shocked to hear this, although I have had several customer service issues with that hotel unrelated to language issues. They consistently assess a "hotel tax" that no other hotel I have stayed at in Montreal attempts to collect. I also found them to be unresponsive and indifferent when I once lost a very expensive pair of shoes in the hotel.

In any event I have stayed at all of these hotels and usually when you call reservations they have separate buttons to push for English and French, like "press 1 for French, 2 for English", and they say it in both languages. Your problem is very unusual.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Some of you have asked some questions, both in this thread and by PM, as to how I arrived at the 10 hotels in this poll. All of the hotels in the poll, except the Hotel de la Montagne, are hotels which have been offered consistently over the last few years on assorted online travel sites like Priceline and Hotwire, and thus are approved by those services for the star levels into which they are assigned.

The Hotel de la Montagne was included in my poll because of various reports and posts showing that it has become something of a "cult hotel", with its unique rooftop swimming pool and bar, its well known reputation as a magnet for working ladies at the lobby bar, and its excellent, strategic downtown location as previously noted by other posters, enabling easy access to the Crescent Street bars and then back to your room to get laid.

I understand that some other "cult hotels" - which I define as hotels that are unique with a hardcore cadre of devoted and loyal repeat guests - are missing from the poll, like the St. Sulpice and Le Nelligan. However, the poll only allows for 10 options, which is beyond my control. In any event it would be unrealistic to have a poll with every hotel in Montreal, or say even 20 hotels, as voters would be inundated with choices and unable to decide.

All of the hotels in the poll have now earned at least one vote, so this buttresses the conclusion that I did not select any dumps, like The Plaza, the Days Inn or Hotel Lord Berri.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 04-12-2006 at 06:05 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast