Thread: HP Parking in Montreal?

Question HP Parking in Montreal?

Here in the States, vehicles with Handicapped Plates or a Handicapped Placard do not pay the fees at parking meters. I know that there are designated parking spaces somewhere downtown, but how about the meter exemption?

I usually just give my car to the valet, and I know that this is an odd question, but if I stay for a week the valet fees get pretty high!

Someone out there must know this answer.

Thanks, in advance.

Voyager
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

As far as I know there is no meter exemption for handicapped plates in Mtl.
    There are spots with lower height meters to make it easier for someone in a wheelchair to put the money in but that's as far as it goes here. And with the new computerized rip-off meters in downtown I think even that is mostly part of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    As far as I know there is no meter exemption for handicapped plates in Mtl.
    There are spots with lower height meters to make it easier for someone in a wheelchair to put the money in but that's as far as it goes here. And with the new computerized rip-off meters in downtown I think even that is mostly part of the past.

Thanks for the answer Techman.

The worst case scenario would be that my car would be ticketed & towed when I went to find it. I guess I'll stick with the valet.

Later,

Voyager
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

yeah but those parking tickets can really add up!

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.