Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Al-ZarQawi killed in US air strike!!!

proud infidel

Thumbs down Al-ZarQawi killed in US air strike!!!

:(

Too bad, I thought he was starting to make some progress

Fantastic news. That's the only way to deal with terrorists. Now we need to get bin Laden.

Bin Laden

Try Afghanistan, around the Pakistan border. I don't know maybe I'm wrong

Veteran of Misadventures
    He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword (or, in this case, air to surface missile).

Quote Originally Posted by majed
    You guys are funny!!!!!!

Like he was a threat but hey if it makes you happy. CHEERS!!!!!
    Well can't speak for eveyone but it made me happy! Now he's even less of a threat.
    Try everything in life at least once, except incest & maybe square dancing.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    And now, he's a martyr to the jihadists......not sure killing him was such a good thing. His death will only help to recruit and inspire more terrorists.
    Under this logic no jihadist leader should ever be killed, rather they should be feared, listened to and obeyed. Go and get fitted for your turban and let me know what your size is.

Actually I think his death will serve as an inspiration to the Iraqi police and security forces, the Iraqi people and others trying to eliminate foreign agitators from their homeland.

As a matter of interest, www.cnn.com has a good link to video of the bombing. Two 500pound bombs were dropped on Zarqawi's safe house. It's amazing to me that his body stayed in tact, but fortunately his face was still in one piece (albeit a bit bruised) and the pics clearly appear to be of his dead face.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 06-08-2006 at 03:19 PM.

I think it would have been better if he would have been captured alive, which they could have easily done, since they knew where he was hiding.
    What good would he have been alive, then we would just have more Western journalists and aid workers being kidnapped and held hostage while these f**cking lunatic fanatics demand that we release him in exchange for the hostages.

Just because they knew where he was hiding doesn't make capturing him easy, the US would have had to send a ground team in to engage and capture, more than likely resulting in more US casualties... Droping a bomb from a plane is easy.

Veteran of Misadventures
    I think it would have been better if he would have been captured alive, which they could have easily done, since they knew where he was hiding.
    This is complete bullshit, Doc. Taking him alive would have given him the opportunity to spout his deluded propaganda through both western and Arabic media, making him even more of a martyr than he is dead, and making him even more of an inspiration to those who listen to his lies and bullshit. What's better, a jailed martyr who can talk, or a dead one who can't?

Israel figured out the answer to this a long time ago, and that's why they are still speaking Hebrew rather than Arabic in Tel Aviv.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 06-08-2006 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HobKnobber
    Try Afghanistan, around the Pakistan border. I don't know maybe I'm wrong

Or try the White House the place were he was created.

Don't believe anything the American government tells you. Remember, they misled the whole world into invading Iraq
    The US government had good reason to think Iraq had WMD before the war.
    The French and German governments, who opposed the war, never disagreed with the USA on this point either. They also thought Iraq had WMDs.
    If you look at the recent (few months ago) debriefings of Saddam's top generals, you'll see that even most of them though Iraq had WMDs.

Saddam bluffed, and lost.

I wonder how they'll spin this recent story (Zarcawi's murder) into justification for being there and needing to remain there.
    It's not murder to kill combattants on the battlefield.

Veteran of Misadventures

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler
    Bingo! It's not murder at all, as noted previously. He was an armed combatant and was repeatedly shown on video firing automatic rifles. Also, he personally beheaded American businessman Nicholas Berg, videotaped it, and declared it an act of jihad. Now he has become a casualty of this war.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 06-08-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Good call indeed Kepler.

double standard?

why is it when someone beheaded someone it is a jihad and when he got kill in a line of fire he is being murdered?
    Come on Doc be consistant in your point of view. When a person takes up arms agaisnt a foreign invadors he is putting his life at risk. The Geneva convention clearly states combatant in uniform. How many French resistance was hanged or shoot during WWII because they are considered a spy. I will not fault anyone in fighting for what they believe in it is their rights, but when you walk into the arena there are consequences and if you accept them then whatever the outcome is, it is your decisions alone.
    What I can't stand is all the bullshit with the American serviceman who are now dont want to go to Iraq because their arguement is the war is illegal. When you sign on to the Arm Forces it is in general believe that you may go to war. You may not pick and choose the war that you are ask to fight in. When the government were handing out GI bills , housing and such these guys were the first in line. But when the time to step up to the plate they are no where to be seen. How typical.

A great way for a Islamic nut bar to spend eternity with 72 sexually inexperienced women. Hopefully all of them will be overweight, bitchy and hormonal women.

I would call that hell

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast