Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2018-19 NHL hockey thread

WASH 4 CANES 3 in OT....exciting game to watch...when your best players are the best that's what happens.....OVI is again on a mission.....he plays intense hockey like there is no tomorrow.....credit to the Canes ..they never give up and they are à l'image of their Head Coach BRIND'AMOUR who was always intense and tough player to play....

So tonight LEAFS and FLAMES go for it.....

This time Bruins were ready....domination totale....ont servi aux Leafs la même lecon que ces derniers leur avaient servi Jeudi........Leafs top guns were invisible except Kadri qui a pris a stupid 5 min penalty with 5 min to play....yes stupid move.

NASH 2 DA; 1.....what a boring game......COL won in OT...a much exciting game.

Can't wait for Tampa--Columbus tonight.....enjoy.

Kind of expected a Boston win last night and thought Colorado would win 2 games this series. TB loses tonight and good bye Irine....
    Speaking my mind is easy. Speaking it tactfully not so much.....

One of the old guys
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    This time Bruins were ready....domination totale....ont servi aux Leafs la même lecon que ces derniers leur avaient servi Jeudi........Leafs top guns were invisible except Kadri qui a pris a stupid 5 min penalty with 5 min to play....yes stupid move.
    I agree that the Bruins were more ready in this game & gave it to the Leafs. They deserved the win. I also agree that the Kadri hit was a stupid move. But there were other factors that led to the play. Kadri and Debrusk had been at it since game 1. Earlier on Kadri got kneed by Debrusk and the refs didn't call it. The refs let the rough stuff go all night long and even the announcers couldn't believe it and predicted things could very well get to a boiling point.

On that particular play Debrusk took a run at Patrick Marleau by checking him into the stanchion. Kadri noticed it was Debrusk and immediately came to Marleau's defence, not knowing at the time that Marleau did not get injured on the play. If you watch the replay from various angles you can see that Debrusk's face was not the point of contact and that the cross-check hit the side of his neck area instead. Still that type of play has no business in hockey and why Kadri will likely get a suspension. I also credit Debrusk for milking it by remaining on the ice without movie for several seconds....give him at least a Golden Globe nomination for that one!

Kadri will get at least a game, likely more since he's getting an in-person hearing with George Parros. But George Parros is totally not in his element in that position and it wouldn't surprise me if he gave Kadri only a game or two. I mean....was Kadri's hit really worse than the Kucherov hit where he only got one game?

O tiboboy.....PENS are in big big trouble,,,,0-3.....and i don't believe in miracle.....vraiment vraiment décu....MAIS faut bien se rendre à l'évidence..une équipe vieillissante qui a besoin de jeunesse ---sang nouveau.

Wow, after round 1 the playoff pools are going to be a mess. I am in a pool where you can not change players, not looking good.
    Speaking my mind is easy. Speaking it tactfully not so much.....

Same here...i don't even watch my pools.......yes a mess.........quand on dit que les playoffs sont une nouvelle saison et que les compteurs repartent à zéro....et bien here we are avec les Pens et le Lightning à la veille d"être mis KO....INCROYABLE.

What an evening for Stone with a hat trick plus 2 assists.....5 pts..... right in the face of his old friend Karlsson.......son trio avec Max et Stastny...soirée de 12 pts.....Knights are on serious business.

One of the old guys
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    O tiboboy.....PENS are in big big trouble,,,,0-3.....and i don't believe in miracle.....vraiment vraiment décu....MAIS faut bien se rendre à l'évidence..une équipe vieillissante qui a besoin de jeunesse ---sang nouveau.
    It's also a symptom of a team that is no longer effective at spreading the wealth among its players. Nearly half of its cap money is going to only 4 players: Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Letang and after those 4 players are paid then the rest wind up fighting for the scraps and that's when the talent level starts to go considerably down since the better players want to get paid what they feel is their due and end up playing elsewhere.

No different than Chicago and other teams. It's also what will likely happen to the Leafs if they don't get creative with the cap money they'll be spending within the next couple of years or so. And in order to win those teams' best & top-paid players have to be consistent at playing their best hockey game in & game out. For Pittsburgh the four players i mentioned have to be at the top of their game during the playoffs. Same thing with the Leafs in the likes of Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander & Rielly. In Chicago not only are the team's top-paid players underperforming but they are also getting older and a few are past their prime. That's a big reason why they ended up missing the playoffs.

Say what you like about Carey Price & Shea Weber but the fact they currently own the team's two top contracts (and also among the league leaders in top salary) and the team didn't even make the playoffs (plus considering their age) is not a good thing for the future since too much of the team's cap money is locked up with those two aging players who likely won't be around when the team gets to be competitive again. The right thing to do would be for the GM to get rid of his two big assets in order to still get top value for them. These two veteran players' value will never get any higher than it currently is and the longer the organization holds on to them the more their value will start declining.

The habs could very well get a handful of top prospects and future picks for Price & Weber. They also would get much-needed cap money which they'll need to re-sign some of the team's younger players in order to build for the future.

Veteran of Misadventures
    I am stunned that TB is in a 0-3 hole. Looks like I am toast on the $100 bet I put on them to win the Cup. Is it a hot Bobrovsky, or is the clever Tortorella (who won a Stanley Cup with TB, their only one) out for revenge on them with a junk defensive strategy?

I feel like Trotts and Torts are both Cup winning coaches and perhaps we should not be surprised that there are tricks up their sleeves. What Trotts has done with NYI is impressive. The team lost Tavares and is better!

Yep agree..Trotz--with no top gun--and Torto are really impressive...they both outcoach their opponents.....and they will play each other soon.....

Veteran of Misadventures
    And I thought Cooper was a good coach too as his regular season record is impressive but to lead the NHL in points by like 20 points and then go out in the first round in a sweep is a bit disappointing. To say the least!!! I mean WTF, how many points does Kucherov have in this series????? And that’s a Hart Trophy winner? He should give that shit back. I feel like a piece of burned toast. That $100 would have been better bet on the Brooklyn Nets, and I had Philly going to the EC finals. I don’t know what I was thinking. But these NHL playoffs are not what I was expecting. I am one and done with that $100 pissed away on the Lightning. Don’t ask me to bet another team or series - not happening.

KADRI is still in NYork......waiting.....IMHO he will not play again in those playoffs....BIG BIG recidivist......and he is gone from Toronto....they need money for Milner.

VIGNEAULT HIRED AS HEAD COACH OF FLYERS.....good news ...am happy for him....will do a great job there BUT i would have prefer him to sign with the Sharks.......my two cents.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    .was Kadri's hit really worse than the Kucherov hit where he only got one game?
    I guess so because he is suspended for the series.

I heard a different spin on the play than what you gave. What I heard was that DeBrusk and some other Bruins bench-jockeyed Kadri. Among other things they got on him for his weak 44 point season, this after back to back 32 goal seasons. He is only a 3rd line player and understandably frustrated, but the word is the Bruins knew they could get under his skin and did so, again. The Bruins have a few agitators on their team, including Marchand as well, and to play this team you have to have a thick skin on the insults and the barbs, which are going to come especially at the opponent's hotheads. Kadri needs to settle down and start behaving like the experienced pro that he is and not like a petulant child in the schoolyard.

Veteran of Misadventures

Ovechkin Knocks Out Svechnikov!

Rude awakening (or I should say knockout) welcome to the NHL playoffs for young Svechnikov:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phvMyYKrZLc

Never pick fights with bigger stronger guys, it usually is not going to end well.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast