Thread: Burning Man

Is this an invitation?

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

I already have one date, but I figure three of us could sleep in the minivan. It gets cold in the desert at night, even in August.

Did you check out the web site? Do you have friends that have been? My Montreal date last week had several friends who go every year. It's quite the multi-facteted experience.

It wouldn't be the first time I slept 3 in a van.

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

I've been several times and live close to "black rock city" the rest of the year.......friends go too. I'm not going this year,since I will just be coming back from a trip to the happiest place on Earth....***MONTREAL***!!!!!

Its good fun, sometimes the weather isnt so bad, other times its the worst, the unknown makes it a fun challenge. Actually while your'e there, you find it a pain to do normal things like cook and take a shower, but when you get home you look back on it and go "Wow...that was a cool experience".

Quote Originally Posted by zeero
    I'm not going this year,since I will just be coming back from a trip to the happiest place on Earth....***MONTREAL***!!!!!
    I hope it's OK if my BM date is a babe from Montreal... kinda the best of both worlds?

Its good fun, sometimes the weather isnt so bad, other times its the worst, the unknown makes it a fun challenge.
    First time I learned why cowboys always had those handkerchiefs.

Actually while your'e there, you find it a pain to do normal things like cook and take a shower...
    Shower? Thought that was what the water spray trucks were for, although I never figured out the part about getting a free pair of concrete slippers.

...but when you get home you look back on it and go "Wow...that was a cool experience".
    I left on Friday late morning, to get a real shower and sleep in a real bed for a few hours. As soon as I was on the road headed away, I felt drawn back. There is a very engaging spirit in the air, and the whole non-commercial "gift economy" is very nice.