Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Ken Lay dead of heart attack!

proud infidel

Exclamation Breaking News: Ken Lay dead of heart attack!

2-2 in bans... loser...
    Let us know when you get a mind... loser..
    The fucker screwed everyone again.... He shoulda rotted in jail for 50 years before dying as the POS he is.... Screwed thousands and thousands out of their retirements and claimed he didn't do anything wrong. Rot in hell asshole...

It saves the American public a lot of money to have him dead. Unfortunately it's only a pittance compared to what he stole from them.

Do the shareholders and pensioners have any legal rights against the estates of these guys now that they have been found guilty?

Lay was the fall guy...

OK, sorry to butt in here but Lay was the fall guy. I am pretty sure the cock suckers at Arthur Anderson knew exacty what they were doing and walked away squeaky clean. On June 15, 2002, Andersen was convicted of obstruction of justice for shredding documents related to its audit of Enron, no concequences to their senior staff. On May 31, 2005, the Supreme Court of the United States unanimously overturned Andersen's conviction due to flaws in the jury instructions.

Shredding documents! Duh!

Funny how history repeats itself. David Walsh, founder and CEO of Bre-X, died at the age of 52 as a result of a brain aneurysm. So why is it I am not surprised that Lay didn't last... and Felderhof remains in the Cayman Islands, which has no extradition treaty with Canada?
    Last edited by Rouen; 07-05-2006 at 10:11 PM.

Working rage-aholic
    Rouen is right. Anderson was an accounting firm that was making more off their consulting business than their accounting business. They had a real conflict of interest with Enron and while Lay was guilty of negligence, the guys at Anderson were perfectly aware and acted without compunction.

We always need a fall guy and Lay was the face of the organization. I don't know that he had a fucking clue what was going on.
    Why are homely people discriminated against...we're the majority

Sleep Now In The Fire

For those of you who have questions about how much Lay knew, or didn't know, take a gander at the Award winning documentary "Smartest Guys in the Room." A real eye opener to put it lightly. This mess had implications all the way up to the White House and the California recall of Governor Gray Davis. It was a big pile of steaming crap at any rate and Lay was part of the collective ass that laid it at the doorstep of Wall Street.

A heart attack was way too convenient, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a covered up suicide. Why the fuck was he out on bail anyway, he should have gone straight to prison after his guilty verdict, the only thing anyone can be gratified about here is that he lived to see his lifes work and all his wealth dissipate into nothing and died a humiliated disgrace. I just hope the verdict allows the government to seize any assets he may have hidden overseas or placed in irrevocable trusts like OJ.

Jeff Skilling should be taken into custody before he has the chance to off himself too.
    "I can picture every move that a man could make
    getting lost in her loving is your first mistake

Sometimes I think its a sin
    When I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again"

Jeff Skilling should be taken into custody before he has the chance to off himself too
    Huh? Isn't death a sufficient punishment?

proud infidel
    HA,

I doubt that it was suicide, as an autopsy was promptly performed after his death, reportedly showing that he suffered a massive heart attack due to acute coronary artery thrombosis. However, one might assume that all the stress generated by everything Lay had gone through over recent years may have played a significant role in his sudden death, as stress is a known risk factor for heart disease and heart-related death.

fml
    Last edited by femaleluver2; 07-06-2006 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouen
    OK, sorry to butt in here but Lay was the fall guy. I am pretty sure the cock suckers at Arthur Anderson knew exacty what they were doing and walked away squeaky clean.
    The partners lost their capital and pensions for the most part and it represented $millions for many. Granted the handful of partners responsible for the account didn't suffer as much as they should have.

It's interesting that with his death and the case "under appeal", Lay can never be convicted and his estate is now free from any legal attack. With this in mind, his wife may have "offed" him, if she had goosd legal advice.
    Last edited by Traveller05; 07-06-2006 at 01:14 PM.

Working rage-aholic
    Quote Originally Posted by anon_vlad
    Huh? Isn't death a sufficient punishment?
    No way, are you from America? Ever been to an American prison? Okay, I haven't. But I've seen enough of 'lockup' to know I wouldn't want to go there at any age, let alone 64. There are more men raped in America than women every year, and it's not spoken of, because they occur in prison and the public doesn't care. Not suggesting that would happen to Lay, (what a name, though, don't you think) but my point is that prison is no picnic.

As for suicide, I doubt it, but it's not impossible. There are ways to simulate cardiac failure. I wouldn't rule out that his wife did it, traveller05, but I think the appeal is dropped upon his death and the conviction stands???????

Quote Originally Posted by btyger
    As for suicide, I doubt it, but it's not impossible. There are ways to simulate cardiac failure. I wouldn't rule out that his wife did it, traveller05, but I think the appeal is dropped upon his death and the conviction stands???????
    Not what the media legal experts(?) are saying.

Personally. I'd go piss on his tomb...

This s.o.b. robbed thousand of people of their retirement funds and is probably the cause of several divorces and suicides. White collar crime is not repressed enough in this world...

I'd be sickened if his family gets to enjoy one penny from the funds he stole from his investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Consult
    This s.o.b. robbed thousand of people of their retirement funds and is probably the cause of several divorces and suicides. White collar crime is not repressed enough in this world...

I'd be sickened if his family gets to enjoy one penny from the funds he stole from his investors.
    What do you think they are living on right now? At their vacation home in Colorado.

Working rage-aholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Consult

You know, it's easy for us to sit here in judgment, but many people writing here would have taken similar actions in his shoes. I know, we all say, oh no, I never would lie. Bullllllsssssshhhhhiiiiitttt.

You find out your company is sinking. The ethical thing to do is to be truthful to the public. But that causes your stock price to plummet. So you lie and hope you can stave off disaster long enough to cash out. This happens all the time on a smaller scale, and is the same principle that led to the stock market crash in 1929. The first instinct of a human being is self preservation. That's what Lay did. He's a greedy coward, and if pressed into a corner, so aren't a lot of other people, including many of those who scorn him.

That's why we have laws.

Aren't I sweet?

I'm no expert but...

I think his house of cards (the side-companies) was built over several years, these were not the actions of a guy who panicked facing imminent doom.

I have less problem with a guy ripping off people looking for a quick buck (like these "yeah, i'm giving you 50% return tax-free" frauds) but the whole Enron scheme was corporate arrogance at its worse, which robbed honest people of their retirement funds.

What's hilarious is to read that Bush's spokeperson called Lay "an acquaintance" of the president... I've seen the exchange of notes on thesmokinggun.com and these guys were close friends.

I hope people sue Lay's family for every penny they made out of this scandal. It won't help much but it's gonna feel better than to know they're out in Aspen, laughing their asses off...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast