Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Bond?

My favorite by far was Roger Moore (rip) in the movie "For your eyes only" in 1981. He did a movie called boat trip starring Cuba Gooding Jr back about 15 yrs ago and i particularly liked it because Moore wasn't afraid to make fun of himself. His character was gay in the movie and kind of spoofed his Bond role which was funny.

He also was the oldest Bond to appear on screen. Maybe it gives some of us hope( it does for me, lol) that just because we're not as young as we used to be that we can't still be as charming and elegant as Bond was in the movies to the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    R

You think he was worse than George Lazenby? Lazenby only lasted 1 film, Dalton 2.
    ”.
    I would put Lazenby as my second least favourite, but like you explained in your next post, the Bond film he was in was actually really good and made up for him playing Bond.

like HM the younger guys in my family all thought the only Bond that counts is Pierce Brosnan and yes they still remember playing Golden Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroker7 View Post
    My favorite by far was Roger Moore (rip) in the movie "For your eyes only" in 1981..
    He was always a favourite of mine.
    I even remember watching reruns of him playing Ivanhoe in a British swashbuckling series which was originally aired in 1958.

In Goldeneye, my favorite parts are the classic scenes of violent foreplay between Brosnan and femme fatale Onatopp...where Onatopp briefly ends up "On the Top" of Brosnan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0geICVaPo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yFvaOnFRVk

Best Bond: Connery, for sure, before he lost interest, from DN to TB; he was especially well-served by the material and a strong team behind the camera. The other Bonds tend to suffer the anxiety of his influence. Fleming was so impressed by Connery he gave Bond a Scottish background; hence much of the "family background" we get decades later in Skyfall.

https://youtu.be/4EQDa1n7Tqw

Lazenby looked great, especially in the action sequences; but the only acting he could do was in bluffing his way into the part. Unbelievably, he was badly advised and actually quit the role a month before the release of OHMSS; he was not fired. I think the producers had even offered him a seven-picture deal ....

Moore was too lightweight for me, his films, though fun (especially SWLM), are often little more than ridiculous pastiche.

Dalton could have been great and was meant to be a return to Fleming, but his two films have weak scripts and poor direction.

Brosnan did his best with mostly poor material after his first two; but he was always a little too much of a pretty boy for me.

Only Craig and his films are a worthy comparison to the best of Connery, especially CR and SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Fradi View Post
    But we all seem to agree that Timothy Dalton was the worst Bond.
    Timothy Dalton is a good actor, but he just didn't have the demeanor to be a "great" Bond. The Living Daylights is a pretty good Bond movie though. License to Kill...not so much.

That being said, worst Bond is Lazenby.

Sean Connery will always be the standard for Bond, no matter what. That being said, for me Daniel Craig is my favorite (and made me a "true" Bond fan in the first place). Skyfall is actually my favorite Bond film of all time.

After those two, Roger Moore would be my third. Totally different his Bond films (more humorous and cheesy....but that's what made his movies so fun to watch). I really enjoy watching his films (especially The Spy Who Loved Me...one of my favorite Bond movies of all time).

The rest were okay....I guess Pierce Brosnan would be my fourth. Good actor, but he had alot of badly written Bond movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroker7 View Post
    My favorite by far was Roger Moore (rip) in the movie "For your eyes only" in 1981. He did a movie called boat trip starring Cuba Gooding Jr back about 15 yrs ago and i particularly liked it because Moore wasn't afraid to make fun of himself. His character was gay in the movie and kind of spoofed his Bond role which was funny.
    loved Roger in boat trip, but I think I’m a Danny Craig fan!

Bond 25 is supposed to be in theatres a year from now. At 51 it's expected to be Craig's last in the role he's now held longer than anyone else. Some second unit photography has begun but the film is still undergoing rewrites. Still with no title, it's expected to begin where Spectre left off; Lea Seydoux is back; Rami Malek is rumored to be the villain; and the writer/director of True Detective, season one, is on board, which sounds promising.

Broccoli family hasn't mentioned anything publicly yet about Craig's replacement. That probably won't happen till Craig's last movie is fully in the rear view mirror. Whoever replaces Craig will have a tough time, though. Despite the fact the Craig tenure has lost some steam recently, Craig has been the best Bond in ages.

But now it seems Purvis & Wade can't quite make up their minds as to which Bond they want. In the first three Craig movies, Craig had a decidedly Connery feel to him-- and then Spectre went on to be a Roger Moore rehash sans the silly gadgets. I'm not knocking Moore because your favorite Bond tends to be the one you grew up with and Moore was mine. But beyond the intro, Spectre was a huge letdown even if you don't take into account that it followed the superb SkyFall.

I wonder what everyone's favorite Bond song is. I enjoy nearly all of them except for that atrocious Madonna one from Die Another Day, but my favorites are the Louis Armstrong one from OHMSS & of course...Goldfinger.

Yeah, there's no way the producers will announce a new Bond until well after B25 has been released. For now, beware any hype you see about this or that young actor being touted as the new Bond. Such "rumours" mostly emanate from British bookies and teams of publicists and agents.

B25 has been a troubled production. The film's original director, Danny Boyle, left over "creative differences" with Craig and the producers. There have been three or four other writers in addition to Purvis & Wade working on it, too. By the time it comes out it'll be almost five years since Spectre, much of which I quite liked up until the final thirty minutes or so.

Skyfall really is superb, one of the most beautifully shot films I've ever seen. And I particularly like the Bond-girl baddie, Berenice Marlohe, who has an elegant if somewhat creepy sexuality like few others in the series, a true femme fatale:

https://youtu.be/kVz7ELEQMuc

Live and Let Die & Diamonds are Forever are my favorite title tunes; but any of the scores by John Barry are truly outstanding, especially the one for OHMSS:

https://youtu.be/jcQQjvQRqCU

Veteran of Misadventures
    My favorite Bond song would be "Nobody Does It Better" By Carly Simon, the theme song of The Spy Who Loved Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7__rt0hRm8su

Very underrated is "You Only Love Twice" theme song sung by Nancy Sinatra, which was used by the Mad Men TV series a few years back to memorably close out an episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_w4DVgvVHs

My two favourite Bond Themes are from Live and Let Die and Goldfinger.

My favorite Bond song...definitely "Live and Let Die".

Veteran of Misadventures
    For best Bond Villain I go with Jaws in The Spy Who Loved Me and for best Villain scene I go with the legendary Jaws v. Jaws scene between Jaws and the Shark in Spy Who Loved Me. Has there ever been a greater battle of dangerous mouths in the Bond series? Watch:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vDe4jJvC_o

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast