Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleo's 09/01/06 Open Invitation

http://tinyurl.com/qm5oe

Thumbs down Cleo's 09/01/06 Open Invitation

Hello friends-
    I've chatted several of you online here, and read many others posts in my attempt to get as ready as can by for by brief whirl up to Montreal. I think it would be a blast to meet some of y'all (as they say where I'm from). Since I missed the last get-together, it was my hope that people would like to gather once more. Being at Cleo's should help temper the sausage factor!

Friday
    September 1st
    2 0 0 6

Cafe Cleopatra
    9pm - ??

Come hang out, drink, chat, watch - be happy!

Sounds good

If my visitors have left by then I'm in.
    Confucius say: Man who take woman into house on side of hill - not on level.

Sounds good Hellbound. It's always fun to meet new merbites. I'll see you there!

Orallover, don't tempt the gods!!!

I'll try to be there too, gods willing of course....

The day draws near!

With Eager Beaver's help, I was able to secure nice lodgings using priceline, within walking distance to Cleo's.

It's all coming together!!

<offtopic>Tips for travelers says U.S. residents need a passport (or other birth cert, etc.), but not until 2008. I don't have my passport with me. Since it's off topic, can anyone PM me and tell me if I need to have my passport overnighted to me in order to drive up to Montreal?</offtopic>

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbound
    The day draws near!

With Eager Beaver's help, I was able to secure nice lodgings using priceline, within walking distance to Cleo's.

It's all coming together!!
    Tony,

Are you going to wear spandex? It's getting nippy so dress warmly.

GG

Tony? Think you got the wrong guy.

Thanks for the nippy tip, though.

noob friendly?

I havent chatted with anyone and havent posted a single message to this forum. But yet, I shall come out of the lurking dark shadows and make friendly attendance to this event. Looking forward to meet a few friendly folks.

Exsanguinator's presence will be made known, I'm sure!
    Get a few drinks in Ex and he'll be bringing it down a notch.
    He's traveling with me.

North Winds Wizard

Yes!!

Finally something going on when I will be in town!!
    I would love to attend and hang with some fellow merbites!!
    Someone please PM me with addresses for the places you will be hangin at, I will be there!!!
    Wish MERB had tshirts or something so I could recognize everyone, I am kind of shy when I am alone.
    "It is what it is."
    Wisdom of the Fortune Cookies

North Winds Wizard

I like it

I'll be keepin my jacket on now no matter what
    "It is what it is."
    Wisdom of the Fortune Cookies

Parking

Sad to say but I've never made it to Cleo's. How's the parking (just in case I want to do the round trip)?

And FYI : Just in case you want some more eye candy, Tracy and friend might be joining us.
    Last edited by Regular Guy; 08-27-2006 at 02:25 PM.
    Confucius say: Man who take woman into house on side of hill - not on level.

(That was weird... what happened to shijaks reply? It said park wherever you can find it, and walk the rest of the way. The post dissapeared!)

Any advice for my question here?

Thanks.

sorry Hellbound, sometimes i write replies then think better of it and delete it when i think it doesn't necessarily provide actual information.
    But since you asked, here it is again:

Since you're calling for a get-together on a friday night, and there are a few well-attended dance clubs just around the corner, finding parking near Cleopatra's can be quite a frustrating chore. In my experience, i find it better to park a few blocks away as soon as I get off the eastbound Ville-Marie highway in the streets near the St-Luc hospital. It's only a 10 minute walk after towards St-Laurent/ste-Catherine and the welcoming doors of Cleo's

As for your other question, i have seen some tables lined up with "Reserved" cartons before, usually held for a bachelor party group. I'm sure a healthy tip was given to the management for this service. But personnally i don't feel it's necessary to go to all this trouble as in the past the first members there would grab two tables, and as more people walk in we just took any free chairs from the neighbouring tables to fill up ours. The one time we had a very large crowd, we simply waited until eventually a table was vacated (the guy would head off to the booths), and claimed it for our group.
    Last edited by shijak; 08-27-2006 at 07:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast