Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angel and Blaine, how can they levitate???

proud infidel

Question Angel and Blaine, how can they levitate???

Well, I thought I had seen it all a few years ago after witnessing magician David Blaine freak out some members of the Dallas Cowboys football team by levitating several feet off the ground, but a few days ago on A&E my jaw dropped when, half-asleep on my couch, I believe I saw Chris Angel, another magician, also levitate, only this time he levitated to the top of some 2- or 3-storey building !!! What's up with that???

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/34020/levitation/

Psychiatric help, 5 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by femaleluver2
    Well, I thought I had seen it all a few years ago after witnessing magician David Blaine freak out some members of the Dallas Cowboys football team by levitating several feet off the ground, but a few days ago on A&E my jaw dropped when, half-asleep on my couch, I believe I saw Chris Angel, another magician, also levitate, only this time he levitated to the top of some 2- or 3-storey building !!! What's up with that???

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/34020/levitation/
    I was always amazed by watching David Blaine. I don't know how these guys do it but I'm sure that it must be somthinf to see in person

Quote Originally Posted by bond_james_bond
    That doesnt explain how Angel could levitate 60ft into the air

His trick was exposed a long time agon on television.

How they David Blaine levitated was to go on the street and tell a bystander to watch from a distance while he levitated. How he acheved this was to stand at and angle so that the bystander saw only one foot, he then lifts the foot that can be seen and angles the other foot so that he is balancing on only one side of the foot. This gives the appearance that has levitated slightly off the ground. he dangles and hovers the fott that is totaly lifted to give it more realism.
    The television viewer then sees a cut away seen of the same bystander being amazed, in actual fact this person is amazed by a second magic trick.
    The levitation that is witnessed by the bystander is not the same levitation the television viewers see. The magician is actualy lifted by wires to create a scene when no one is around. (this is the scene the TV viewers see)
    They repeat often that no camera trics are used to create this illusion, and indeed they did not use camera tricks. Turning the cameras on and off or cutting away to a second scene is done often in the TV biz. Remember, they actualy tell you that it is an illusion.

Some tricks are based on probabilities. They only work correctly half the time.
    They then show on TV the spectators that witness a trick that worked and they edit out the spectators that witnessed the duds.

JP is spot on about that levitation illusion.

Its illiusion, special equipment, skill and showmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by SMACK APPEAL
    Its common sense...people can't just levitate off the ground..he is pulled up by wires..on camera you only see what they want you to see. When you see all those surprised people in shock..they are actually working with the magician to add to the illusion..Once you accept that there is no such thing as true Magic...all the tricks will be very obvious..

SA
    DUH.....obviously I know there's a trick to it, but I'd still like to know how he levitates 60 ft into the air.
    Are wires holding him????? Maybe, but thats very dangerous

Psychiatric help, 5 cents
    Tricks for sure, but still interesting. Even the card tricks are cool

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Esco!
    That doesnt explain how Angel could levitate 60ft into the air
    I agree. There are things that remain inexplicable, including that which you refer to, Esco, and also the trick where Angel walks on water !! My theory is that either he's got something propelling him up in the air from under his shoes (a la LA Olympics opening ceremonies), or maybe he wraps himself in an invisible cloud of helium gas rendering him lighter than air... I'm still mulling over it... I've got to study some more footage .

fml

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/151236...alks_on_water/

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_
    Criss Angels' levitation (except for the one where he levitates to a chair in front of him), walk on water and walk up the side of a building are all done with the same trick. Wires, obviously, but not your typical wires/crane. Have a look over at the IMDB mindfreak forums.
    Joe, with all due respect, is there really such a thing as an ''atypical'' wire??? Personally, I have a lot of trouble believing that Angel is using high-tech gadgetry considering that the people watching are only a few feet away from him and don't seem to notice anything. I'll go and take a look at the forum. Thanks .

fml

proud infidel
    At the link below, they announce that they're actually gonna reveal his walks on water trick, but when you read carefully what they have to say you realize that's it's all just a bunch of hypothesis without any hard facts. The wires that you were referring to, Joe, are just one of the many hypothesis offered...

fml

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/0...-magic-tricks/

I wonder how they saw a woman in half and then put her back together.

Everytime I`ve done it I made a mess. And those screams.

Wtaer walking trick explained.

All they have to do is have something solid supporting a dark plank just slightly under the water, when a second person walks on the water they plunge right in because there is no support under them. (the second person is in on the trick)

proud infidel
    hmmm... not exactly sure what you're saying J Peterman. In the video clip of Angel's water trick provided above, I don't see any plank, support, or suspicious-looking onlooker.

1M+ Tenge spent hobbying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast