Thread: What happened to GG?

Working rage-aholic

What happened to GG?

Just wondering. He was suspended, over what I'm still not sure, and never reinstated. Why do I always have the feeling there's something going on I'm not aware of???
    Why are homely people discriminated against...we're the majority

Working rage-aholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_
    He's on the 'blue board'. I've never actually had to deal with him, but he didn't seem to take criticism very well. Maybe that's why some members gave him a hard time.
    I don't know if that's true, but what does that say about human nature? If we sense weakness, we exploit it...just because? No wonder why there are rampage killings. We, as human beings, abuse people, then forget about them. Try to be kinder. I could do the same, of course. I'm sorry, Joet, if you're reading this.

So let me see...now we've lost Oliver and GG because of flame wars. Board's going to get real f'in boring if this pattern continues.
    Why are homely people discriminated against...we're the majority

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by btyger
    I don't know if that's true, but what does that say about human nature? If we sense weakness, we exploit it...just because? No wonder why there are rampage killings. We, as human beings, abuse people, then forget about them. Try to be kinder. I could do the same, of course. I'm sorry, Joet, if you're reading this.

So let me see...now we've lost Oliver and GG because of flame wars. Board's going to get real f'in boring if this pattern continues.
    I think we need to realize that there are ''real'' human beings with ''real'' feelings behind every post...

Smile Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by regnad
    Oliver did not leave because of flame wars. He left for personal reasons, which he explained to me several weeks back. GG did leave because of flame wars; the mods got tired of him starting them. I personally received, over a period of six months, hundreds of insults, slurs, and slams, on the board, in PM, and by email from GG.

The consensus is that merb has become a safer more peaceful place to post. As far as this board getting boring, the purpose of this board is the discussion of the Montreal sex industry, not watching people mock and belittle each other.
    Regnad is correct about Oliver.Oliver's reasons were definitely personal and had nothing to do with reasons posted on the boards.

GG was invited to leave for awhile.As circumstances developed it seems that the invitation became permanent.Perhaps a detailed or a definitive explanation would replace speculation with facts that would stop rumours.

Lately a number of long time posters have stopped contributing - some on other boards also. Trust that they are well.

He is on TERB, and asked on a chat that MERBites contact the Mods to demand an explanation as to why he was banned permanently, and ask that he be reinstated.
    Last edited by chef; 10-01-2006 at 07:15 PM.

Name Retired.

Amended

Quote Originally Posted by Special K
    Are you kidding me? Look a little more closely Korbel especially in the thread where you yourself contributed! If that's not called flaming then someoone please send me the definition via PM.
    SK
    Hello Special K,

You are perfectly right. I had forgotten the Ziggy thread was on the other board, in fact I had forgotten the thread. I had been focused on the Generals performance since then and was very happy with the relative peace. In case you did not know, there has been a great deal of private reconciliation I am happy for, and therefor forgetful of old antipathies concerning the old thread. My previous post here has been amended.

Have fun,

Korbel
    Last edited by korbel; 10-01-2006 at 01:21 PM.

Name Retired.

Thanks Mod5

Hello all,

I suspected that the Mods might be responsive to long term consistent positive production, and that seemingly permanent bans might be reversed in a few cases after hard due consideration. Thanks for making that possibility clear.

It is distressing to see rehashes over settled issues when they may do more damage to the case they dispute. We all have the right to express opinions freely within respectful bounds, but we should rethink the value of our impluses on some posts and their affect in the long run. I hope we are all more thoughtful in the future.

Regards,

Korbel

Just a little note to everyone...GG brought his problems from merb over to merc for discussion, and apparantly to terb as well. Lets not start bringing merc business over here. The two exist separately and even though many of us are members of both boards and even make the exact same posts on both boards at times, lets try to keep some things from spilling over.
    If you want to comment of the content of GG's posts on merc, do it over there where he can reply to it.

Just my 2cents, for what it's worth.

Thumbs down Thank You Mod5

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 5
    Big Daddy Cool, I don't know where you have been noticing this trend. Your statement is totally false. I don't carry favor with anyone. Can you give me a list of all these nasty flame starters ? The way things actually are is Member A claims I give special treatment to Member B, and Member B claims I give special treatment to Member A.

General Gonad : No I didn't list reasons for his permanent Ban. If you haven't been following the Drama, your out of luck. I could say its because of lack of respect and courtesy towards other members, but the truth of the matter is its much more serious and too complex to outline. Things I don't want to get into. I 'm sure GG himself would not want me to outline the reasons why.

The permanent Ban: It was done for General Gonad's own good. It was to help him understand that Merb or any message board is not a Video Game, but a board in which real people interact. Also, General Gonad aside, for those that like to insult and put down other members, ask yourself one question BEFORE hitting that "post button". If I was face to face with this member, would I say to his face what I'm about to post ?

Some are asking if GG will ever be allowed back on Merb. I'm not ruling it out. We have had other members suspened for an indefinite period of time , but were eventually allowed back with same handle and same privledges.

Hope this gives some clarification.

M5

Mod5
    Thank you for the clarification quoted above.I am sure that the board members now have a much better understanding of the situation and I am equally certain that various versions and rumours have been debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by eastender

Lately a number of long time posters have stopped contributing - some on other boards also. Trust that they are well.
    Haven't seen anything from SL lately, nor Doc Holliday, and whatever happened to Train?
    "I can picture every move that a man could make
    getting lost in her loving is your first mistake

Sometimes I think its a sin
    When I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again"

Name Retired.

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    Just a little note to everyone...GG brought his problems from merb over to merc for discussion, and apparantly to terb as well. Lets not start bringing merc business over here. The two exist separately and even though many of us are members of both boards and even make the exact same posts on both boards at times, lets try to keep some things from spilling over.
    If you want to comment of the content of GG's posts on merc, do it over there where he can reply to it.

Just my 2cents, for what it's worth.
    Hello all,

Very sensible advice.

Regards,

Korbel