Thread: To all U2 fans (HA, take notice)

proud infidel

Thanks FML,

That was thoughtful of you, but thats nothing new, your always a class act.

Actually I was informed of this on the fan clubs website and entered a drawing to be selected as one of 150 lucky subscribers to do a meet and greet with the band at a book store in NYC. Sadly I didn't win I can't wait to read the book though. I already read Bono's biography and thouroughly enjoyed that so it will certainly be interesting to hear from the less vocal members of the band Larry and Adam. Adam is kind of an enigma to me, as he looks and acts like the most conservative guy you would ever meet but enjoys smoking wacky tobaccky and dates supermodels like Naomi Campbell. What a life! If I could just trade places with any one of them for one week, just one week, thats all I want.

This is the part where someone posts how much U2 sucks and I get flamed for being a U2 fan right?
    "I can picture every move that a man could make
    getting lost in her loving is your first mistake

Sometimes I think its a sin
    When I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again"

Always nice to have company Elizabeth. I like reading about them for a number of reasons, though mostly because I find nearly everything about them inspirational.We all could use some inspiration. I get chills when I think about Bono lifting his arms up to the sky as the red glow behind him bursts to "light of day" bright at the beginning of Streets and you look around and see 60-70,000 people all around you basking in the positive energy that flows from this band. Its described by many as a "religious" experience. I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.

I have found several of their newer songs to be quite heartfelt, "Walk On" off of "All You Can't Leave Behind" is one of my favorites written for a political prisoner yet as so many of their songs do, it can be applied to so many of lifes trials and tribulations when we are searching for a reason or something uplifting. I always take out the CD insert and read the lyrics when I get a new CD of theirs and its always full of insight and wise guidance.

If you really want a tearjerker of a song then listen to "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" a song written by Bono to sing at his Fathers funeral! Heartwrenching lyrics for anyone who has lost a father who they wish they could have gotten to know better than they did but were held back by the toughness of the father son dynamic which sometimes keeps men from expressing their love for one another as much as they would like.

"Original of the Species" is another good one off of Vertigo that speaks to a number of male-female issues.

One thing you can be sure of when U2 writes a song is that it will have substance and speak to something important to the human condition. Their sound has certainly changed over the years but the quality of the content never does, its always top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth
    However, I still go wild when I hear "Sunday bloody sunday", "Where the streets", "One" and so on...
    SK making a mental note

U2 would be okay if Bono would only get that operation and have his ego removed.