Thread: Everybody, beware!

proud infidel

Exclamation Everybody, beware!

Earlier today, I received the following disturbing email from someone I know:

'' We received the following from La Sûreté du Québec, concerning a certain practice...

PLEASE READ THE FOLL. VERY CAREFULLY

Do not flicker your headlights if you encounter a car which has its headlights off. The DARE program police force has issued the foll.

notice: If you drive at night and see a car with no headlights, DO NOT FLICKER YOUR HEADLIGHTS, as it could be part of an initiation for a gang called ''BLOODS''. To be accepted, the new member has to drive at night with no headlights. Then, the first car that signals him automatically becomes his victim. This is when the new aspiring ''BLOODS'' has to turn around and when he reaches the car that signalled him, he proceeds to kill every occupant of said car. These are the initiation rules. This happens especially on Friday and Saturday nights. All Canadian police stations have been appraised of the situation. Please share this info with your family and friends.
    Last edited by femaleluver2; 10-13-2006 at 09:04 PM.

proud infidel
    you're right, I think. I'll scrap the sûreté contact info at the end.

Psychiatric help, 5 cents
    I did recieve that email as well but didn't know what to make of it. Urban Legends, go figure. I'll tell you that there were a lot of names on that mail I recieved and words probably going around as I type. It's easy to see how these "legends" spread so fast as being true.

Psychiatric help, 5 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by martinl68
    True. In any case we should never relay an email that says "relay it to all your friends". A red flag should immediately be raised.

I recommend these two websites to verify the information:

In english: http://www.snopes.com/

En français : http://www.hoaxbuster.com/
    No, I delete most of these things just the same without forwarding them (or opening). I personally recieve a lot of this stuff, don't like it much, and won't inflict it on others.

Urban Ledgend is right. If this were real there would have been a press release by the SQ. It would be all over the news rather than email...

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.