Thread: Kevin Tillman, brother of Pat, speaks out

Working rage-aholic

Kevin Tillman, brother of Pat, speaks out

Little by little people are starting to speak out about the administration's unilateral foreign policy. What follows is one of the most honest, insightful articles I've seen on post 9/11 American foreign policy written by a man many would consider a hero.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...pats_birthday/
    Why are homely people discriminated against...we're the majority

Like i said all along from the beginning and you can check my posting history on this subject that Osama Bin Laden will be found whenever the criminal U.S government decides to find him, it could be today, tomorrow or whenever but he will be found one day meanwhile more poor soldiers are dying every day as this criminal and a coward(Bush) continues to lie to the whole world and squirm like the snake in the grass that he is.
    Last edited by Joe.t; 10-23-2006 at 02:06 PM.

the unknown

I am truly sorry for the loss of Pat Tillman.
    I am angered and saddened by the perceived motivation and the manner in which he died.

I am also sorry for the loss of Terry Lloyd, a television reporter for the BBC. The circumstances of his death were covered up for over two years.

So you ask, what did both of these human beings have in common?
    A known face? A familiar entity? Yes,.......but no!

We, the Americans killed both of them, along with either being solely or mostly, responsible for the deaths of 10’s of thousands of men, women and children,……. the civilian casualties of Iraq. As General Tommy Franks, U.S. Central Command suggested, “We don’t do body counts”. For those of us which are interested in the numbers:

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

In regard to American losses, a breakout for the 24,000 casualties:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...casualties.htm

Highlight any given month. You will find a page with a brief detail specific to a name, age and cause of death, of each U.S. casualty associated with Operation Iraqi Freedom,… an example:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...es_march03.htm

My point. This is my way of providing a face if you will, at least a name. Some recognition that these individuals were also human beings. More then a number and nonetheless,……. people, just like you and I. Are they any less human, less important by virtue of being less known, I doubt it. Yes, they really did exist, just as Cory Liddle did,…….and he occupied three days of broadcast air-time here on the East Coast after his unfortunate plane accident.

Simply,……..disgusted!

Working rage-aholic
    Human beings have no competition for dominance on the planet, so we compete with and tear each other apart. Most disturbingly, we place more value on the lives of some than others. Cory Lidle's plane instructor was younger than he and also had a family, but f him, he wasn't an athlete.

Read alot about the holocaust the last week...it's hard to accept what people, ordinary people, could be convinced to do. I can't believe we're any different, aside from different circumstances...

Imagine, in 1942, you're a woman in Germany. You write your bf on the eastern front. He writes you back telling you wonderful tales of what he's doing...what would you say if you knew he was not really fighting on the front, for example, but killing Jews in Babi-Yar? Any jews, too, including women and children. I'm not calling Bush a nazi, but his intractability in foreign policy and his desire to consolidate power at home at times remind me of Hitler's mindset. Very single minded and incapable of changing his mind to adjust to reality.

There's also a focus on the European holocaust in this country, which is fine, but we forget the holocaust in Asia, which was no less horrid. Japanese soldiers committed awful atrocities, again, not sparing children. They were even more inventive and cruel in their methods, yet they've never been held accountable. They've never fully acknowledged some of the things they did, including unit 731, which conducted experiments on prisoners. We tolerate this. We tolerate their revisionist history, in which Japanese textbooks still gloss over war crimes...I can't help but think if the targets of their crimes had been white, we'd feel more outrage.

We also bleed for the soldiers we're losing overseas, again rightly so, but we seem indifferent to the deaths of tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians, including women and children. These people had nothing to do with 9/11 and likely had no hate in their hearts for us...I'm sure they do now. Nor are our soldiers totally faultless. Atrocities against civilians are committed in any war, and this one is no different. The stories we hear of US troops raping and killing civilians are no doubt just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure I'll be accused of being anti-American, but I'm not saying we're worse than anyone else...just the same. Soldiers are violent. Period.

If you want to be disturbed, watch the following, but it does show an execution:

http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle5365.htm

What this type of activity has to do with protecting America, I'm still trying to figure out. I know this: it inspires hatred among those who might have been neutral.

I won't rule out that the kid they interviewed at the end was taken out of context, but his response to the killing of a helpless man ("Oh yeah, that was awesome, let's do it again") says plenty. Killing an unarmed and wounded man as he writhes on the ground doesn't make you a man, or a hero, it just makes a murderer, same as the people we're supposed to be fighting (Al-Qaeda, not Iraq).

I'll see you all at Gitmo after I'm incarcerated there for writing this, thus making me an 'enemy combatant' under the military commissions act. Somebody, please take back my country.
    Last edited by btyger; 10-24-2006 at 01:04 AM.

let's all give thanks!

I apologize for jacking the Tillman thread.
    I will temper my rage with the following and in recognition of an upcoming American holiday, which in essence could, perhaps should be a Holyday,…….. Thanksgiving!

Time again to celebrate, currently 385 years of torture, murder, rape, and the annihilation of an entire race of people. And who were these people,….. these savages who educated, welcomed us into their homes, fed and provided shelter for us? They were the only true, native Americans,……the Indian!

Yes, I did say currently. Anyone who suggests otherwise is either ill-informed or just does not get it.

And how do we, as a nation, foreigners all of us, take responsibility for this atrocity. Let me simply suggest,….. we are all in denial.

As BTYGER writes:

>I'm sure I'll be accused of being anti-American.<

I’ll be the guy in front of you at Gitmo.

Working rage-aholic
    Hey, I'm innocent, my ancestors were no puritans, they came over just after 1900...my Jewish greatgrandmother escaped the holocaust by a generation, leaving Russia in 1914.

I didn't mean to leave the impression that I loathe our soldiers. To be fair, what ours have done is pretty pale in comparison to what other occupying forces have done in the last 100 years. But, if you have an occupying force, two things are likely: one, they will abuse the local population, or two, they will be attacked by the local population. As Andy Rooney said, "Why are we there?"

Well, Andy, the only answer I can give is that if you remove a government, you better put a new one in place. That's something we weren't prepared to do.