Thread: Happy Halloween!

Veteran of Misadventures

Smile Happy Halloween!

So far 5 kids have been to my door trick or treating. I award candies based on creativity and originality of costume and presentation of same. My system of rewards are as follows:

4 candies - outstanding costume and presentation
    3 candies - above average costume and presentation
    2 candies - okay costume, nothing special
    1 candy - no thought or imagination reflected

So even the Halloween flunkies get 1 candy under my system of rewards.

So far 5 kids, they all got either 3 candies or 2. Nothing special, so far, and no flunkies either.

The candies I am passing out are Snickers mixed mini bars and Hershey's chocolate truffles. I don't buy shit candies for the kids. But they still have to earn their candy.

proud infidel

my humble advice

Beav,

my humble suggestion would be to award a certain number of candies (based on your ''system'' ) to the whole group rather than individually, as distinguishing between kids within the same group could perhaps be construed as hurtful or embarrassing...dunno . Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by femaleluver2; 10-31-2006 at 09:10 PM.

Veteran of Misadventures
    FML2,

Come on, you think I am an insensitive moron????! I don't announce how many candies each kid gets. No kid knows how many the others got. I hide the candies in my hand as I drop it into their bag!

16 kids so far, only one so far who got 4 candies. He had a neat lizard costume.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 10-31-2006 at 09:26 PM.

Smile What if.................

How many candies would a kid get if he was dressed as an elf?
    Curiosity got the better of me. Glad to see someone enjoying Halloween.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Eastender,

I have not seen any elf costumes. Elves are out, lizards are in, man. The only kid who got the 4 candy jackpot tonight had a lizard costume. King Lizard, that kid.

Smile Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    Eastender,

I have not seen any elf costumes. Elves are out, lizards are in, man. The only kid who got the 4 candy jackpot tonight had a lizard costume. King Lizard, that kid.
    EB
    Thanks for a wonderful thread that brought out the kid hidden deep in all of us.
    Anyone who creates a rating scale for Halloween costumes appreciates the important things in life.

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by eastender
    EB
    Thanks for a wonderful thread that brought out the kid hidden deep in all of us.
    Anyone who creates a rating scale for Halloween costumes appreciates the important things in life.
    Well said, eastender. For myself, too bad I live in a condo. I haven't seen any kids at Halloween for the third straight year . Oh well, once again, guess I'll have to keep all the candy for myself
    Last edited by femaleluver2; 11-01-2006 at 07:16 AM.

I live in an apartment building and no one ever passes by on Halloween. It can get depressing sometimes. But I was lucky last night and was invited to spend the evening in a luxury box watching the Habs beat the Sens so all turned out well. There was one guy at the game wearing a pumpkin on his head and he won some kind of fan of the night award. Not too many people in costume which was a little disappointing. Then again, I wasn't wearing one either.

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    I live in an apartment building and no one ever passes by on Halloween. It can get depressing sometimes..
    Still doesn't beat Valentine's Day for me...

Quote Originally Posted by femaleluver2
    Still doesn't beat Valentine's Day for me...
    I know exactly what you mean.

And hey!!, congrats on 2000 posts!

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    I know exactly what you mean.

And hey!!, congrats on 2000 posts!
    Thanks Tech. Dunno if I should be happy or ashamed of that milestone...

Thanks EagerBeaver

I have to thank you EB for improving my Halloween experience. I'm working up in Quebec City these days and was asked by a friend if I would stay at her house and give out candy while she was at work (I don't work a regular day or night job) I accepted hoping for a little treat of my own later on

Anyway I was killing time reading MERB when I hit upon EagerBeaver's reward system - Excellent idea Mr.Beaver!

I used the same criteria and only gave 4 candies to 2 trick or treaters - The first one was a little boy (maybe 2 years old) dressed up like a giraffe (I'm no softy but this had to be the cutest kid/costume I've ever seen), the second was to a very average devil costume accompanied by a VERY HOT MOTHER!!!

The candies I am passing out are Snickers mixed mini bars and Hershey's chocolate truffles. I don't buy shit candies for the kids.
    You must be commended on your candy as well EB, as a kid nothing sucked more than getting crappy candy.
    Try everything in life at least once, except incest & maybe square dancing.

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by spin
    as a kid nothing sucked more than getting crappy candy.
    other than getting a crappy apple...