Thread: Undercover cops kill a man at his bachelor party

Undercover cops kill a man at his bachelor party

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/27/nyc....ap/index.html

This is just nutz, they were unarmed, and just out having a good time. The guy smashed a cop car, by mistake...that's why we call them accidents most of the time, and got blasted for it.... Not just 1 bullet did they get but around 50.

Working rage-aholic
    We'll learn more about this as time goes on, but surprise, surprise, the groom and victim is black.

I came across this article on contagious shooting...may explain a lot. You don't often hear of a person being shot once by police, or once, period, in a 'combat' situation.

http://www.slate.com/id/2154631/?GT1=8805
    Last edited by btyger; 12-01-2006 at 03:12 AM.
    Why are homely people discriminated against...we're the majority

proud infidel

contagious shooting

Yeah, I was aware of such a phenomenon, however, it's my understanding that cops are trained to stop shooting after three rounds in order to assess the situation.
    fml

Working rage-aholic
    Quote Originally Posted by femaleluver2
    Yeah, I was aware of such a phenomenon, however, it's my understanding that cops are trained to stop shooting after three rounds in order to assess the situation.
    Policy varies from department to department. I heard on Fox News that NYC cops are trained to empty their magazine...but I don't know if that's true.

I wanted to make one more point about the UCLA incident. If I'm an agitator, so be it. One of the cops at the center of that incident is named Terrence Duren.

Mr. Duren was the university's officer of the year in 2001. But, he's been involved in several controversial incidents in the past.

Are all cops abusive? No. Abuse of power exists, but it's not as rampant as I made it sound previously. It's a tough job, and as Mr Duren said, when you have to bring a guy into custody, sometimes it's not pretty. Some guys though, (like me) have the wrong temperment to be in uniform. As Foxnews also pointed out, police departments usually try and weed these guys out. A few years back, Mr. Duren was recommended for dismissal from the force.

He's been accused of using too much force against students before, and in 2003 he shot a homeless man.

I think the cops used way too much force in this case. I've been in other chat rooms where guys with handles like 'commie hater' say the kid had it coming. Some accuse about not knowing much about the situation. I think I know more about it than those accusing me, though. I know that it didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that this Iranian American kid was neither a homeless man, nor a gang member.

I also know I don't want to live in a police state, where the next time I'm in a library, if I fail to show my library card, the cops are called, even when I'm already leaving, and they taser me just for mouthing off to them, then people hearing of the incident, say, "Yeah, you had it coming," and assume I'm a gang member.

If you wish to live in such a place, get a time machine and go back to East Germany, or cold war Romania. I don't think you'd like it so much.

What really burn my ass is that the people saying the punk had it coming (maybe he did) are themselves lawbreakers; in the same petty ways this kid was. They're not dangerous though, and neither was this brat. The number of times the average person breaks the law in some form reaches in the double digits daily. Not every traffic, civil or other technical violation needs to be pursued. I don't know any cops who would want to live in such a world, anyway.

The big picture is that this was a student in a student library, who didn't have his ID card. He didn't follow the rules. He also made the wrong choices from there and escalated the situation. The cops did, too. I'm not sure tazing him five times was an appropriate response, though. If this kid was such a punk, and the authorities deserve our respect, then by logic, they should be the adults, they should be stoic enough not to lose their temper over every little shit they encounter.

To their credit, most cops are stoic enough to keep their cool. The best example I've ever seen was of a state trooper who pulled over a guy in Maine for a traffic violation.

His cruiser's video camera automatically went on. He wrote the guy a ticket. Instead of being the end of the story, the driver went nuts. He started mouthing off, saying he couldn't afford it, his wife was going to kill him, etc. His voice alone was crazy-if I can find the video, I will post it. He ripped the ticket up and dropped it out his window.
    The cop never moved. With a straight face he said, "Sir, if you don't pick that ticket up, I'm going to fine you for littering."

My initial reaction was that the cop should get an award for his demeanor alone. There are probably more cops like him than Mr. Duren, but it's the Duren's that give 'agitators' like me ammo and exemplify everything a cop shouldn't be. Just my .02
    Last edited by btyger; 12-02-2006 at 02:41 AM.
    Why are homely people discriminated against...we're the majority

proud infidel
    You're right btyger. The kid was a brat but the cops probably could have simply and easily overpowered him and cuffed him instead of tasering him. Let's not forget that getting tasered can be quite a frightening and painful experience, and that some reports have indicated that its use can be potentially very dangerous .
    fml