View Poll Results: Who will win the Liberal Leadership Convention ?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephane Dion

14 42.42%
  • Michael Ignatieff

10 30.30%
  • Gerard Kennedy

2 6.06%
  • Bob Rae

7 21.21%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal leader winner

Nominem meum Nemo est
    Toto, I think we're not in Kansas anymore!

Liberal leader winner

Who will win the Liberal Leadership Convention ?
    Last edited by Nemo; 11-29-2006 at 08:23 PM.

I think Rae will win, I wish Dion would win and I hope Ignatieff doesn't win.

I think that Ignatieff will win.

I hope that Dion wins because he seems to be a man of integrity especially when Martin took over and kicked out most of Chretien's ministers (Copps, Manley, etc.) including Dion. Martin allied himself with the foot-in-the-mouth, Jean Lapierre. Dion didn't do or say anything negative and showed a lot of integrity and loyalty to a leader that didn't deserve it. Eventually because of pressure Martin was somewhat forced to name Dion as the environmental minister.

However, even though I hope that Dion wins, he is not bankable in his own home province (Quebec) where a lot of francophones think that he is a traitor (for being the father of the Clarity Act). He is also not bankable in the Western provinces. This means that if he wins the Liberal leadership, it is very unlikely that he will ever become prime minister.

In terms of opponents, I think that Harper and Duceppe will have the toughest time with Dion. The only negative thing that Duceppe can say about Dion is that he is a traitor for introducing the Clarity Act.

We all know what Harper will say about Rae (his mismanagement of Ontario while Rae was premier). With Ignatieff, Harper will say that Igantieff was out of the country for a long time and Ignatieff also has a habit of speaking before he thinks and then backtracking.

Whoever wins will be no match for Harper unless Harper creates a major blunder. Bigger name candidates should have tossed their hats into the liberal leadership race like the ex-premiere of New Brunswick.

I predict that Harper will unfortunately win the next federal election. Remember, you heard it from me first!
    Last edited by jacep; 11-29-2006 at 10:49 PM.

My vote goes to Stephane Dion. He's bright and has integrity. He seems to be the second choice of many delegates. If he can get into third place on the first ballot, I think he has a real chance.
    sinbad

Any party that would ever have allowed Paul Martin to lead it has no integrity. I dislike politicians in general and Liberals in particular.

Of course it will be Dion, that would be the only reason why any Quebecer would vote Liberal... Plus the rest of Canada just can't have enough of french speaking premiers...!!

The Kennedy Compromise

I confess to (so far) casting the lone vote for Kennedy, who I feel will corner the "Anybody but" vote.

I predict the Natural Ruling Party will consider "electability" the most important attribute of a candidate so:

I doubt that Dion can carry his home province in this convention, much less in a national election. Rae's record as Ontario premier renders him vulnerable to attack. If Ig is error-prone already in a leadership convention, he will need a full time oral surgeon and podiatrist to keep his feet out of his mouth under the pressure of a national election.

Recall Joe Clark became the leader of the Conservative party years ago in similar circumstances.

Too obvious

Bob Rae will win or I'll eat my hat

Not that I want the man to win, its simply too obvious that he will gain the majority votes.

If Howard Dean has any influence here, which I doubt he has, the Liberal party will include the interests of the middle-lower class votes than the upper income bracket support base. If this is true, then the Liberals will win the next national election.
    Making hot sweet love to all your beautiful women

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotsome
    Bob Rae will win or I'll eat my hat
    I agree. Rae knows how to run campaigns and a government, and manage people. Word is that conservatives fear him most, more so than Ignatieff, ever since the latter put his foot in his mouth several times during the campaign. Kennedy would apparently constitute a great choice, for he better represents change and a new liberal vision for the future.
    fml

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico
    Dammit, I sent them some boxes of MERB thongs too...

Don't get me started about the money grabs. Just onthe cenvention alone they are making over 2 million in profit (cost is 3mil and total rpoceeds from delegate fees 5000 x 995$ = 4.975mil.), not to mention the sales of materials and trinkets at the convention.

Hey, we should have MERB member thongs taht give us added benefit at MP/SP.

WI.

pour moi 1 dion 2 rae 3 kennedy 4 ignatieff
    mai le resuta = 1 ignatief 2 rae 3 kennedy 4 dion

Nominem meum Nemo est
    At 11pm friday dec 1st, after the speeches
    and before the result of the first turn are announced
    MERBITES predict:

Stephane Dion_______30.43%
    Michael Ignatieff_____34.78%
    Gerard Kennedy______8.70%
    Bob Rae____________26.09%

Are we representative of the liberal delegates?
    =N=E=M=O=

I predict the winner will be a Liberal politician which will mean that the winner is probably already corrupt or will soon become corrupt.

Nominem meum Nemo est
    Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo
    I predict the winner will be a Liberal politician which will mean that the winner is probably already corrupt or will soon become corrupt.
    and I predict that who ever he is
    he will, in the next general
    beat the crap out SH... ...it is obvious
    SH who would deny us our fundamental rights and freedoms to SPs and MPs

Hope you're right Nemo - I'm looking forward to several more years of graft, corruption and lies from the party that Paul Martin destroyed, and they do it best when they're in power. Cheers!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast