Thread: Any free music download sites?

Any free music download sites?

Does anybody know any good free download sites for music that is spyware free?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t
    Does anybody know any good free download sites for music that is spyware free?
    Another site for music exchange is Bear Share. I can't speak to the spyware issue, but I haven't had any problems. The free software includes some annoying advertising built-in but nothing harmful.

They have also introduced BearFlix for video exchanging. This software is advertised as Spyware, Trojan Horse and Virus free but I have yet to try it.

Regards,

Voyager
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

Actually I find Limewire has a lot of bogus tunes on it these days. Songs planted by the record companies that just bomb out in the middle. for me, the best way to download music these days is with torrent. I have downloaded the entire collections of Pink Floyd, Beatles, Kiss, Prince, Madonna (for a gf), as well as others. You can also find individual songs and albums if that's your thing. Just go to torrentspy and run a search. Don't forget to check the comments of previous downloaders for details of the quality.

As Techman recommended, Bittorrents are the best way to go for that.
    Other sources are not that reliable.

okay, i just tried downloading from all of these sites, when it asks me to run or save, i choose save to desktop, it then downloads but nothing shows up on my desk top, something is blocking my download?

LimeWire is not good. Better to use FrostWire, strip down and crap free version of LimeWire.

Joe.T, to download torrents you need to install a torrent client such as Azureus or BitLord. When you download the torrent file, open instead of saving it and the torrent client will download the file(s) automatically. Hope this helps. Here is a very good tutorial. You may have to register on the board to read it but it's worth it and it's free.

http://forum.puretna.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30372