Thread: Gerald Ford dead at 93

Gerald Ford dead at 93

Former US President Ford has died at 93 years of age. Chevy Chase must be very sad tonight.

Interesting thing about Ford: He was never elected.

He was appointed to the Vice Presidency after Spiro Agnew resigned. Then, he became President after Nixon resigned.

Even though he pardoned Nixon, which cost him the '76 election to Carter, he seemed to be well liked by the American public.

Hail to the Chief.

I'm watching CNN and they talk about (and I vaguely remember) how when Regan decided to run for the presidency he offered Ford a spot on the ticket. Ford wanted to be sort of a co-president as opposed to a vice-president.
    That wasnt do-able and the rest is history.

But....

Imagine if it had happened? Bush Sr never would've been VP, and my money's on the fact that if Bush Sr "never was", then Junior wouldnt be where he is today.
    "better to be shot out of a cannon than squeezed out of a tube"

There were also 2 assassination attempts by women on Ford.

One was by a Charles Manson girl, Squeaky Fromme, who aimed a gun at Ford at a hotel near the Capitol building.
    Last edited by bond_james_bond; 12-27-2006 at 11:57 AM.

proud infidel
    G. Ford was offered tryouts by the NFL Lions and Packers after playing for Michigan from 1931 to 1934. However, he chose instead to pursue his studies at Yale.
    fml

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by bond_james_bond

Even though he pardoned Nixon, which cost him the '76 election to Carter, he seemed to be well liked by the American public.

I heard on the radio today that what also might have prevented Ford from being elected in '76 was his ill-advised statement that Russia did not have control over Eastern Europe, or something of that nature. Turned out that this statement wasn't exactly what Ford meant to say, but his stubborness not to admit he had committed a faux pas led to 10 days (instead of maybe just one) of widespread criticism and taunts. Later, when the Soviet Union folded, Ford wrote a piece in the NY Times and Washington Post entitled something like ''I Was Right! ''
    fml

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    If it wasn't for the whole Watergate fiasco, he might just have been a two-term President. http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/...raq/index.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122701558.html
    Dunno about that. Had there not been Watergate, both the vice prez at the time and Nixon never would have resigned in the first place, thus Ford never would have gotten the kind of promotions he got back then.
    fml

I am going to guess Gerald Ford couldn't have been shut a great guy based on the fact that he was part of The Warren Commission. The "Magic Bullet Theory" was the most obvious joke but the facts are that the whole thing was a sham! This was the cover up of the cover up.

I am going to guess Ford was placed in the Vice President position under Nixon as some kind of controller just like George H. W. Bush (Sr.) was placed as the Vice President under Reagan and then Cheney under George W. Bush (Jr.).

All three of these Vice Presidents look like high ranking "secret government" types of some kind (?) placed to be an on-site controller of the puppet.

p.s. you would be shocked at the many connections the Bush family has to the Kennedy assassination.

Warren Commission:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Commission

Magic Bullet Theory:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Bullet_Theory

"if god created anything greater then woman... he must have kept it to himself"

_