Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Where's Oliver?

  1. #1

    Where's Oliver?

    Subject says it all...what happened to Oliver?


    *** Splitted from street action (general) ***
    Last edited by Mod 6; 01-15-2007 at 06:05 PM.

  2. #2
    i think the whole point is that noone is above the law because if we dont follow it who will? As for myself im always up for some rule bending. Its only cheating if you get caught

    Oliver ill be waiting for your fun posts so hang in there.

    Heres the big difference between summer and winter that ive noticed. In summer theres more fish available so you can take your time to look for what you want i guess. In winter they are more prone to go for whatever youll offer since it gives them 1/2h 1h off the street in a warm room. But thats my 2cents on the whole matter there could be more to it.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlennon78
    Hi Oliver,
    I find it a paradoxe when you mention with pride that you help those girls out of the streets, but you never mention how you have helped them. Also, by giving them money will not help them with their drug habits, buy going out to look for hookers, is another way of saying that you encourage them for taking drugs.. Afterall, if they are on the streets, for 95% of them, it's for the dope...
    Don't take it as a personnal attack, it's just my opion.

    Later
    nah,not you johnlennon
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver kloseoff
    Originally Posted by oliver kloseoff
    what is your point man-
    -like a kid hey look what i know.
    .respect is earned not given 4 posts
    and you have admited to misleading the general board menbership-
    -your credabality is now zero-
    and i dont know if your getting smart with me
    but if i was you you better think twice about it
    oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlennon78
    Oliver, I don't know from what line you read to say that i have admited to have misleading the community... From what i know to create a commotion doesn't mean to mislead anyone... Anyhow, I respect your credibility, but not because i only had few posts or someone has less postings than you, that means its not credible. thats only what i am trying to say. Not because you have slept with tons of prostitutes and massage girls and post it each time that makes you gain respect... Respected in MERB yes, but in real life??? I doubt it...
    Peace
    The fact oliver was banned by mod 5, and cannot defend himself, i think your timeing is perfect!

    olivers banning-
    im told by oliver, who posts on perb under handle Y_not, which is tony spelled backwards the following:
    A poster here started to flame oliver for no aparent reason.
    mod 5 was quick to respond and banned him for 5 days.
    Imediately after his 5 day banning ,this same poster started to flame oliver and a few otherr street guys ,this time mod 6 ,who was no aware of the situation ,gave this poster a 2 day vacation! If tehre had been comunication which is a godo idea this poster whould have been banned perminatly and this situation whoudl bnot have happened.
    Again this poster came back with a vengance!a unbelievable 3rd time.
    Apparently the 2 mods were off the board, and this poster had a 2 hr run of not only running down oliver and hopeless slut , but made personal insults in mutiple pms and on the board in plain view to everyone pointed pointed towardsoliver and a family member which to me is totally unacceptable.
    well how much can a guy take!yes its wrong to threaten or intimidate someone but in this case there was extenuating circumstances which were overlooked and forgotten.
    Oliver admits he was wrong, and cant rememberwaht he said which got him banned.
    he is not upset with the mod 5 for the 2 week banning of him!
    however he is really upset at is the mod 5 descided to reverse the permanant banning of this member.
    well to me its a no brainer
    --all the personal attacks and personal attacks of family members
    as well as both threats in pms (which oliver did not keep) except the last one which he forwarded to the mod 5 -should have resulted in the permanant banning of this member.
    Oliver would have accpeted gracefully his 2 weeks.
    dont know if its true, but if all remains the same, im told eventually if he does come back, he will remove all his posts.again.
    so do the math
    911 posts to be removed from oliver-a street thread with a priceless picture tour which brought 10's of thousands of views and attracted many people to the baord!
    or
    this poster whos total contribution
    which is a total of 30 posts
    in the shemale section
    you choose!
    haywood

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HAYWOOD-YA-BLOME
    nah,not you johnlennon



    The fact oliver was banned by mod 5, and cannot defend himself, i think your timeing is perfect!

    olivers banning-
    im told by oliver, who posts on perb under handle Y_not, which is tony spelled backwards the following:
    A poster here started to flame oliver for no aparent reason.
    mod 5 was quick to respond and banned him for 5 days.
    Imediately after his 5 day banning ,this same poster started to flame oliver and a few otherr street guys ,this time mod 6 ,who was no aware of the situation ,gave this poster a 2 day vacation! If tehre had been comunication which is a godo idea this poster whould have been banned perminatly and this situation whoudl bnot have happened.
    Again this poster came back with a vengance!a unbelievable 3rd time.
    Apparently the 2 mods were off the board, and this poster had a 2 hr run of not only running down oliver and hopeless slut , but made personal insults in mutiple pms and on the board in plain view to everyone pointed pointed towardsoliver and a family member which to me is totally unacceptable.
    well how much can a guy take!yes its wrong to threaten or intimidate someone but in this case there was extenuating circumstances which were overlooked and forgotten.
    Oliver admits he was wrong, and cant rememberwaht he said which got him banned.
    he is not upset with the mod 5 for the 2 week banning of him!
    however he is really upset at is the mod 5 descided to reverse the permanant banning of this member.
    well to me its a no brainer
    --all the personal attacks and personal attacks of family members
    as well as both threats in pms (which oliver did not keep) except the last one which he forwarded to the mod 5 -should have resulted in the permanant banning of this member.
    Oliver would have accpeted gracefully his 2 weeks.
    dont know if its true, but if all remains the same, im told eventually if he does come back, he will remove all his posts.again.
    so do the math
    911 posts to be removed from oliver-a street thread with a priceless picture tour which brought 10's of thousands of views and attracted many people to the baord!
    or
    this poster whos total contribution
    which is a total of 30 posts
    in the shemale section
    you choose!
    haywood
    It's hard to disagree with this post. I don't know what it is lately, but we seem to have a surge of posters who have registered years ago, with very few posts to their name, suddenly stirring up all kinds of shit on the board.
    johnlennon78 is another one that has registered more than a year ago, has a total of 8 posts, and suddenly starts putting in his two cents here out of the blue. We all contribute in different ways, some of us can be a real pain in the ass sometimes and I include myself in that, but I find the board has been sinking to new lows lately. If these long time but non-posting members decide to start posting, I welcome them to do so. But if their only reason to do so is to cause problems then maybe it's no longer worth the time to post here.

    IMHO, I think the only way to help those girls out of street would be to have them incarcerated
    That would really be a great help since we all know that there are absolutely no drugs available in prison.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ottawa-Hull
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee
    Its intersting to know more of the background....

    No one argues that new posters or those who haven't posted often have a right to express their opinion.... but it seems to me many of them are being deliberately provocative and just want to stir up problems for reliable, respected regulars.

    I wonder who the new ones are (I have a guess) and if the long silent, now vocal ones aren't (a) sleeper agent(s).

    I gladly agree with you on that post Dee, for this site, I just registered recently but was reading the posts years before that...

    As a Mod on another site (unrelated to anything like merb) I see a lot of noobs not taking the time to do search or dont take the time to look and see and get a vibe of the site and that always spells trouble.

    Then theres the shills and the banned members who come back to cause some havoc...

    In any case, will await the return of Oliver with anticipation.

  6. #6
    Mired in the red dust.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by HAYWOOD-YA-BLOME
    nah,not you johnlennon
    Oliver would have accpeted gracefully his 2 weeks.
    dont know if its true, but if all remains the same, im told eventually if he does come back, he will remove all his posts.again.
    I hope this is not true. Not only because I find Oliver's contribution to the Street Thread and Merb to be invaluable, but also because I wouldn't, frankly speaking, respect such behavior. This whole thing about "I'm going to take all my posts and go home" is annoying when Big Daddy Cool does it, so how am I supposed to respect it when Oliver does it. For him to yank all his posts because he has a beef with a certain member will, more than anything else, be punishing members like myself who faithfully follow his postings on a daily basis. For every asshole who launches a cowardly attack on Oliver, aren't there 500 who at one time or another have expressed how important we think his contribution is? I don't get it. Why should I be punished? What did I do wrong?

    Hopefully, it is just a rumour.

  7. #7
    2-2 in bans... loser...
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Let us know when you get a mind... loser..
    Posts
    286
    His beef leading to wanting to remove his posts is not necessarily against the member he feuded with but against the board. This member provoked people on several occassions, was warned and banned for small periods of time, and then obviously let loose a nasty barrage against Oliver by PM. He was originally marked as being permanently banned and then for whatever reason it was changed to 2 weeks by the mods.

    Take a look in the suspensions thread and you can figure ot who it is.

    If Oliver wants to remove his posts then so be it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hornyanglo66
    If Oliver wants to remove his posts then so be it.
    Long live the king!
    Haywood

  9. #9
    I also feel that the poster who instigated all this should be permanently banned from the board. And as previously stated in other threads on the subject, I am against anyone removing all their posts from the board, whether it's BDC, Oliver, or anyone else. In fact I'll go as far as stating that anyone who does so should be banned from ever posting on the boards again. Removing one or two posts is one thing but removing an entire posting history should indicate that the poster no longer wishes to be part of this community.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    I also feel that the poster who instigated all this should be permanently banned from the board. And as previously stated in other threads on the subject, I am against anyone removing all their posts from the board, whether it's BDC, Oliver, or anyone else. In fact I'll go as far as stating that anyone who does so should be banned from ever posting on the boards again. Removing one or two posts is one thing but removing an entire posting history should indicate that the poster no longer wishes to be part of this community.
    So true.
    i dont think oliver has a problem with the general membership,rather im told he is upset with the mod 5 and the lack of comunication between mod5 and mod 6 which led to this fiasco and finally the descision to let a poster who started all of this come back like he has 3x prior--i would think his banning for life would be a no brainer( which coincidently i thought he had covered)
    Haywood

  11. #11

    Ever gotten caught???

    Well, this has been a weight on my shoulders for so long that I thought I would see if any other members have come across this same problem. Sometimes I've been less-than-discreet on the streets. Once, just outside that shitty bar on St. Catherines and St. Laurent (the one that just says "BAR" in front of it), in the abandoned area I got a bj from a SW that was rather orc-ish looking (look, I was wasted)... Another time I took a SW to the shitty hotel on St. Catherines and St. Laurent, called "Backpacker's hostel" or something like that. Anyways, as I was walking up the stairs towards the room, there was this guy and this chick just standing there (they didn't look like they were working) on the steps. After I was finished, I walked back down the steps, and there they were still. It was damn weird. My biggest fear is that I got my photo taken and posted somewhere on the internet (and made into one of those fake visa ad's, for example)....anyways, am I just delusional??? Anybody else worry about this??? Anyone else ever been caught??? Walking down the street sometimes I get some weird looks, like people recognize me from somwhere....help me out comrades!!!

  12. #12
    Mired in the red dust.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    I also feel that the poster who instigated all this should be permanently banned from the board. And as previously stated in other threads on the subject, I am against anyone removing all their posts from the board, whether it's BDC, Oliver, or anyone else. In fact I'll go as far as stating that anyone who does so should be banned from ever posting on the boards again. Removing one or two posts is one thing but removing an entire posting history should indicate that the poster no longer wishes to be part of this community.
    I have to agree with you, Techman, although in Oliver's case it would be a particularly painful thing to do. Members who threaten to delete all their posts are essentially holding the entire membership blackmail.

    I don't think anybody can reasonably claim to have a problem with just a particular Mod. Mods represent the general membership. They are, as we saw just this week, volunteers pulled from within our ranks. As the Fat Buddha, I believe in the oneness of mods and members.
    Last edited by Fat Happy Buddha; 01-13-2007 at 06:18 PM.

  13. #13
    Mired in the red dust.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee
    I understand what Techman is saying. However, it may be worthwhile examining history.

    On another occaision Oliver pulled his posts. If he had been banned then we wouldn't have had his marvellous fulsome contributions that he made afterwards.

    I wonder if the best approach would be to emphasise the point made above: a deletion of his posts would hurt most those who appreciate his posts and those who are his friends.
    Yes, you are probably right Dee. I spend hours on end at my desk and sometimes it seems that Oliver's posts are the only thing that keeps me sane. We don't all get to live the adventurous life he does, but we all get to share in his adventures.

  14. #14
    Dee, I actually prefer the way it's done on merc. After a certain period of time, posts can no longer be deleted. Unfortunately this is not the case here on Merb. I would not like to see any valuable poster banned for life, especially one as valuable as Oliver. But there has been absolutely too much of this childish behaviour of deleting posts going on here.
    BDC as an example came back after a banning and started deleting all his posts stating he would never post here again. Well guess what? Yup, he's still posting here.
    The mods had said they would work on a solution when a thread was started on this subject but they never came back with one. Now the possibility of this happening has come up again. Will Fred Zed or the mods ever come up with a solid policy on this or will we continue posting in threads and replying to posts that may be deleted when a member has a tantrum and decides to punish the board?
    Oliver is a friend and I respect his experience and love reading his posts. I've spoken to him since the ban and told him I would not be in favor of him deleting his posts. The last time he deleted his posts it was due to a personnal matter, not anything to do with the board. And I supported his actions at the time and still do. I hope when he comes back things will go on as usual.

    What I want to say to all posters is that by deleting your posts to get back at a mod , what you are really doing is hurting everyone on the board. You are in effect telling all of us to go to hell. Why should any one of us stand up for someone after that?

    PS: Sorry for hijacking this thread to rehash the same old stuff. I won't post on this subject in this thread again. If anyone wants to continue this discussion, start a thread for it.
    Last edited by Techman; 01-13-2007 at 08:15 PM.

  15. #15
    Yeah, bring Oliver back. He is a legend and is the king of the Montreal seen. This guy saved my ass a ton of times. He is suspended for 2 weeks come on, what going to change in 2 weeks? What are the mods going to do send Oliver to go to sensitivity training!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •