Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ethical question

Psychiatric help, 5 cents

Ethical question

You hear through the grapevine that your friends eighteen daughter is stripping. You haven't seen her yourself but are perplexed on what to do. 1:Mind your business, 2:go to the club (while avoiding taking a lap dance) to see if it's true and if so gently bring the matter up. or 3):..............your ideas here............................

Mired in the red dust.
    It's a touchy question and I think anybody would be tempted to intervene but, when all is said, she is eighteen and deserves her privacy just like the rest of us.

Turn the question around, how would you like it if she followed you to a stripclub because she heard through the grapevine that you frequented such establishments?

Veteran of Misadventures
    Mind your own business.

Depends on how close a friend the guy is and if he'd get pissed off if I went and hit on his daughter.

Seriously, the girl is 18 years old and is able to make her own decisions. It's her choice whether or not to tell her family and, if she chooses not to, it's not anyone else's place to tell them. Besides, the fact is that all you have is rumor and have not seen her yourself. For all you know, her family is aware of what she does but is obviously not going to broadcast the fact to all their friends. You could go by the club she works at, as if by accident, and have a chat with her. If she asks you not to say anything, then you don't say anything. If she was underage or involved in drugs or anything else that could be harmful to her, then you would have a reason to say something. If not, then you mind your own business.

Mired in the red dust.
    Anyway, it's a respectable job, right? Lots of 18- and 19-year-old girls are employed at it and if there was something fundamentally wrong with it nice guys like us wouldn't be going there.

More power to her.

1M+ Tenge spent hobbying!
    3) If she's hot, go check her out and get a super contact dance

All kidding aside, I agree with EB.

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by mrten
    You hear through the grapevine that your friends eighteen daughter is stripping. You haven't seen her yourself but are perplexed on what to do. 1:Mind your business, 2:go to the club (while avoiding taking a lap dance) to see if it's true and if so gently bring the matter up. or 3):..............your ideas here............................
    I think number 2 is okay ( going to the club I mean), but that's as far as I'd go out of respect for my friend.
    fml

I am me, too!
    I'd say mind your own business as far as telling your friend. If you want to clear your conscience partially, or just want to confirm, go check on your own and talk to the girl (I said talk, don't ever think of touching!!). As was told before, maybe your friend knows about this?

On the other hand, depending on your position, remember if you go to see her, by "accident", then she'll know YOU go to strip clubs. Ensure you're not giving her some leverage for blackmail by doing so... You might have more to loose than she does...

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by metoo4
    I'd say mind your own business as far as telling your friend. ...
    ..........Agreed!
    fml

proud infidel
    I wouldn't go out of my way to talk to her, though
    fml

I am me, too!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by femaleluver2
    I wouldn't go out of my way to talk to her, though
    You mean, jumping on stage and yelling her name is out of the question?

Seriously, agreed. But then again, if she see you and you don't do anything to talk to her, she might think "Oh my god! He saw me and now he will tell dad!!"

Talking to her would then reassure her.

Mired in the red dust.
    Seriously, agreed. But then again, if she see you and you don't do anything to talk to her, she might think "Oh my god! He saw me and now he will tell dad!!"

You need to tell her, "I want 50% off on all my dances, otherwise I'm telling you dad."
    Oh yeah, and she has to pay for your beer too.

Signed:
    The Green Bastard
    Last edited by Fat Happy Buddha; 01-23-2007 at 01:40 AM.

You go check it out fot yourself. If she is there, you have a talk with her (not necessairly at the club) at remind her that while you won't say a word, it is best that she tell her parents herself rather than them finding out from someone else.

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

proud infidel
    But then again, if she see you and you don't do anything to talk to her, she might think "Oh my god! He saw me and now he will tell dad!!"

If you notice she saw you and seems uneasy about it, then I would agree that meeting her just to say hi, and offering her a few kind words of encouragement seems perfectly appropriate. This way she'd be reassured, thinking that you don't think it's a big deal and that her ''secret'' will be safe with you.
    fml

Just another fool
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Happy Buddha
    You need to tell her, "I want 50% off on all my dances, otherwise I'm telling you dad."
    Oh yeah, and she has to pay for your beer too.

Signed:
    The Green Bastard

Oh FHB, I love the way you think...I was going to go with it's time to practice your other skills or me and your dad are gonna have a chat
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast