Thread: Mortgage rates

2-2 in bans... loser...
    Let us know when you get a mind... loser..

Mortgage rates

I'm looking to buy soon so I'd like opinions on which place offers the best mortgage? ING advertises as the lowest but is it really the case? Anyone have experience with them, a broker, etc?

Thanks for the advice.
    Cheers

Get a mortgage broker (find them in the yellow pages), its their job to shop around for you. You don't pay them, the banks do.

I've just got a good deal with Multi-prêts. I guess they have offices all over Quebec; the one I had to deal with is in Sherbrooke.

Can-U

2-2 in bans... loser...
    Thanks for the info folks. Will call a couple tomorrow. My bank wants 5.59 but that is with a financial package so I get a 'decent' rate. ING and multi-pret advertise 5.09....

Rates should decline in the coming months. The projections are that the rates will decrease by 1 full point in .25 increments till Oct 2007.

Robutsness of Western Canadian economics are driving these speculations. We shall see.

Again elections may throw all of this out of wack.

Porter

2-2 in bans... loser...
    Multi-pret it was! Talked to a few guys at work and one really recommended the guy he uses there. Quick call, few questions and he promised me (and delivered) ahell fo a better rate than the assholes at the bank....

Thanks for the guidance.

Now, what will a notary cost me for closing the deal? I heard up to 1200? It's just a condo, not a mansion....

Cheers

My mortgage is at ING and about to renew at 4.8% (1 yr). Even though I know someone well at my bank they still couldn't even match the rate.

Notary is about $1000. Go with a good one, do not skimp on this.