Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What hotel would you recommend for me?

Question What hotel would you recommend for me?

I was wondering if someone could recommend me a hotel that is/has:

-Under 140 CAN per night
    -The ability to park your own car in an underground lot, with a decent price too.
    -I'm more concerned about the quality of the rooms than the service (as I don't rely on hotel services for much of anything)
    -located in downtown within walking distance of most major attractions.

Thanks

i recently got a room at hotel delamontagne for $99 Canadian. meets all your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by bumfie
    i recently got a room at hotel delamontagne for $99 Canadian. meets all your criteria.
    I've been looking a the Montagne, however most rates I've found seem to be in the 150-170 CAN range. Do you mind telling me where you got that rate?

www.travelocity.com

It was just a couple weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by bumfie
    www.travelocity.com

It was just a couple weeks ago...
    Yep, I see it! Thanks, I was using orbitz, hotels.com an the Montagnes own site instead.

Veteran of Misadventures
    I have it on good authority that Hotel de la Montagne was had for $86 recently on Expedia. You might do even better than that direct booking with 4 night or more stay, reports of $80 from what I heard on a 4 night plus booking.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 02-02-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Apologies!!!! It was Expedia!!!! My bad...thanks, EB

Thanks for all the help. And actually for the nights that I was looking at, next weekend, Travelocity was about 10 dollars cheaper than Expedia. So, I guess it just depends on the dates.

Talking

No problem...don't forget to come back and report your findings re the ladies...

incognito_NYC
    I`ve been to L`Hotel de la Montagne many times before & the rates from Hotels.com were usually good. Depends on the season.

Now should be pretty cheap. I know even for Presidents` Day the room rates were around $100 to $120 for Queen or King size Deluxe. The rooms are big and the so are the bathsooms. I know in the King you get a shower plus a bathtub so if you`re spending a few hours with a girl and like to get ``clean`` together it`s fun.

You may also want to try Le Cantlie Suites. Parking in the Cellar (but access to it is around the corner & down an alley ... go figure).

Not the nicest rooms (doesn`t compare to HDLM) but I like the layout.

Like the name says, all the rooms are suites - although small ones.

There`s a studio kitchenette with a stove/oven & full-size refrigerator.

There`s a main sitting area/living room with a sofa so you can sit, relax, watch TV.

Then the bedroom area is partitioned off with wood & glass partition accessed through a pair of French doors.

So that`s why I like it - I think it`s much more civilized to sit & chat on the sofa sipping wine or a cocktail. And when things progress to ``playtime`` you can lead her to the bedroom doors.

I always think it`s a nice to have some candles burning in the bedroom. It`s a nice touch and the ladies seem to be pleasantly surprised & impressed that you made an effort to set a romantic mood.

The price range for a Studio Queen as described generally runs the same or less than the going rate for a Deluxe king at HDLM. Most of last year I booked one or the other the only deciding factor being room availability and my preference on maybe wanting a nicer room if I was planning on seeing a classy companion that trip.

Both hotels have rooftop pools but HDLM is also a popular bar/nightclub that locals & tourists visit. Hotel guests get first call on poolside seating & lounge chairs and believe me the place can be jam packed on weekends. And very scenic, believe me

Do what me & my friends do if your at the pool ... play a little game called :

-``Find the SP``

It`s a well-known spot for the ladies to go tanning/advertising if you know what I mean!
    - Incognito_NYC

Gentleman Horndog
    I'll be staying at the HDLM for 5 nights (this Sunday through Thursday) in a queen deluxe for $119 per night. I booked it through expedia.ca. IMO, that's a damn good deal for that calibre of room in downtown Montreal. Just think, if I pick up a lady in the bar, I don't even have to take a taxi!
    May your genitalia never fail ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Avery
    I'll be staying at the HDLM for 5 nights (this Sunday through Thursday) in a queen deluxe for $119 per night. I booked it through expedia.ca..............
    I have never stayed at HDLM, but at $119 it's expensive compared to the Hyatt on Priceline at US$60. Is it better then the Hyatt?

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by chef
    I have never stayed at HDLM, but at $119 it's expensive compared to the Hyatt on Priceline at US$60. Is it better then the Hyatt?
    In my opinion, in the cold weather months, no - although HDLM is extremely well located in proximity to Wanda's and the Crescent Street nightlife. The Hyatt sits on top of a shopping mall and is connected by underground tunnel to the Metro and is a mere two stations away from the Peel Metro station and all of this action. In cold weather when you are in a hotel that sits on top of a shopping mall and a large food court, and are connected by underground tunnel to the Metro, it's pretty damn convenient.

In the warm weather months, the rooftop pool and bar at the HDLM is a MAJOR amenity. I would give the HDLM a big edge in summer because that rooftop pool and bar is a Montreal landmark.

Strictly in terms of the rooms, I think the Hyatt's are a bit more modern although the bathrooms in the Hyatt's rooms are kind of small. You can get a bigger room at HDLM.

Overall the Hyatt is a MUCH better value any time of the year, and it's debatable as to which hotel is best on even money in the cold weather months. On even money I might give the nod to HDLM, but we live in reality, and in reality there is never even money as between the pricing of these hotels, on which there is a great disparity on the various online booking sites.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 02-03-2007 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    In my opinion, in the cold weather months, no - although HDLM is extremely well located in proximity to Wanda's and the Crescent Street nightlife. The Hyatt sits on top of a shopping mall and is connected by underground tunnel to the Metro and is a mere two stations away from the Peel Metro station and all of this action. In cold weather when you are in a hotel that sits on top of a shopping mall and a large food court, and are connected by underground tunnel to the Metro, it's pretty damn convenient.

In the warm weather months, the rooftop pool and bar at the HDLM is a MAJOR amenity. I would give the HDLM a big edge in summer because that rooftop pool and bar is a Montreal landmark.

Strictly in terms of the rooms, I think the Hyatt's are a bit more modern although the bathrooms in the Hyatt's rooms are kind of small. You can get a bigger room at HDLM.

Overall the Hyatt is a MUCH better value any time of the year, and it's debatable as to which hotel is best on even money in the cold weather months. On even money I might give the nod to HDLM, but we live in reality, and in reality there is never even money as between the pricing of these hotels, on which there is a great disparity on the various online booking sites.
    Is there anyway to insure you get the Hyatt on Priceline though? I read the priceline thread and it seems like a shot in the dark. Wouldn't someone just bid on a 4 star hotel in hopes of the Hyatt, and then end up with a hotel that he didn't want?

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrackedJack
    Is there anyway to insure you get the Hyatt on Priceline though? I read the priceline thread and it seems like a shot in the dark. Wouldn't someone just bid on a 4 star hotel in hopes of the Hyatt, and then end up with a hotel that he didn't want?
    Not on Priceline, but there is on Hotwire, which is discussed in the hotel bidding thread.

The Hyatt is a 3 star on Priceline and a 4 star on Hotwire.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast