Global warming, global warning ? local solutions ?
With the international global warming conference going on, is anybody here followed the discussion ?
What can we do as individuals here to solve the crises ? Should we all bicycle to see SPs now instead of driving ?
I am scared to death.
But don't incinerate yourself.
search for cold frigid SP's... might be good to counter global warming.
Hey! Met one at Frontiere early last week!
Originally Posted by greeker
Originally Posted by New York
- If your local power company runs on coal or oil (as opposed to hydro or nuclear):
- switch your home heating from oil to electric
- improve the insulation, caulk your windows properly
- turn down your thermostat way down at night, and set it a little colder than average during the day. Ideally get a programmable one that will do this automatically
- take the bus if you can, car pool if you can
- keep your tires inflated per the spec on your inside door label
- drive 5 to 10 kph slower, accelerate more slowly
- write to your government in support of UN family planning programs worldwide, even though they may give money for abortions and condoms which is against the beliefs of some interpretations of some religions
- still want more? see http://tinyurl.com/2l8jhd