Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one: Prince's erection

Am I the only one: Prince's erection

………out of the 132 million viewers who noticed Prince, simulating a erection?

It was during the rendition of Purple Rain. He had switched guitars for the song. The combination of the extension protruding from the top of the purple guitar which is fashioned after his logo, the juxtaposition of placement to his body and the shadow projected on the suspended silk, certainly seemed to suggest it was intentional.

Not to be out done by Janet, the man is not only talented but in my mind a legend. As verified by most, some of his credits include Susanna Hoffs, Kim Basinger, Vanity, Appollonia, Sheila E, Annabella Sciorra and Sheena Easton to name a few.

In thinking about this impressive list, maybe it wasn’t his guitar after all.

Don't forget one of his early albums was called Controversy. (And wasn't another of his credits Montrealer Kat Dyson?)

Emperor of Earth
    I was pissing myself laughing at the half time show. Prince was too funny with his eriction live on tv. I wonder what how much contraversy this will cause.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Cool; 02-05-2007 at 01:53 AM.
    All hail Emperor BDC aka Napoliano Peter Greatzetski Czaro.

incognito_NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by asimplepicture
    ………out of the 132 million viewers who noticed Prince, simulating a erection?
    It was during the rendition of Purple Rain. He had switched guitars for the song. The combination of the extension protruding from the top of the purple guitar which is fashioned after his logo, the juxtaposition of placement to his body and the shadow projected on the suspended silk, certainly seemed to suggest it was intentional.
    That would be right in line with his style.

I mean anyone who has ever seen him perform with his infamous ejaculating guitar would know.

As an aside, I once saw a blues guitarist at a small club in Greewnwich Village (NYC) try to simulate the same effect by borrowing a small plastic bottle of Lubriderm hand lotion from a girl in our group.

The result was pretty hysterically funny - especially to see the look on the face of the guy near the stage who got hit with some "jizz"
    - Incognito_NYC

incognito_NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    100% Correct. I guess he needed the extra attention .
    His guitar didn't even work after.

Well, all I know is that when I'm done playing, my 'instrument' doesn't want to work anymore either
    - Incognito_NYC

I think that Prince is one of the most under-rated and under-appreciated performers today. The guy is absolutely amazing and may be one of the best musicians alive today. I don't know if he still records his music the same way, but on his early albums he played every instrument on every track on his albums and only used his band for live performances.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Saw him at a Montreal bar a couple years ago (he was hanging out and having drinks with his massive entourage -- not playing a show)...He bought a free round for entire bar. Nice guy! and we didn't even have to look at his erection...

BD

That was a great half time show last night and yes we all noticed his simulated erection. This is one of the most talented musicians this world has ever seen. And he picks up the hottest chicks to boot.

Havent noticed it... I guess everyone not looking at same place... I guess we are close to see someone starting a pool 'who had the nicest ass in players of both team'

Emperor of Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko26
    I guess we are close to see someone starting a pool 'who had the nicest ass in players of both team'
    I just hope it's not a guy who starts this pool.
    All hail Emperor BDC aka Napoliano Peter Greatzetski Czaro.

Cool Prince's Super Bowl Shadow Malfunction?

Critics Say Singer Made Obscene Pose With Guitar:

http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stor...n2441345.shtml

If you don't want tits, nipples, simulated erections or anything else outrageous has-beens like Janet Jackson and Prince will do so people remember they still exist, just fork out more money and get some decent bands.

JustBob, whether you love Prince or hate him, the last thing you can call him is a has been. In fact he had one of the highest grossing concert tours in 2004, second only to Madonna in gross revenue and first in net revenue. Not bad for someone whose music gets almost zero radio play.
    Hardly a has been!

By the way...what would you consider a 'decent band'?

Prince top money making
    Prince is now king. The high-energy rocker was the top-earning music act of 2004.

The oddball hit-maker, who once changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol and was considered washed up, took $56.5 million to the bank from concerts and CD sales, according to Rolling Stone's list of Top 50 moneymakers of 2004.

"With $90.3 million in ticket sales, Prince returned to center stage after a decade in the commercial wilderness," says the mag, which based its findings on ticket and record sales, publishing and other related revenue.

Prince, whose smashes include "Purple Rain" and "1999," beat out perennial cash cow Madonna, who came in at No. 2, with $54.9 million, thanks to her "Re-Invention Tour," four children's books and the "American Life" CD.

Madonna actually grossed more on tour, but Prince took home a bigger piece of the pie because of lower production costs — it took 24 trucks to haul the Material Girl's tour around, while Prince's relatively bare-bones show needed only 12.

Also on the comeback trail was Metallica. The heavy-metal dinosaurs were No. 3, with $43.1 million, thanks to their "Madly in Anger With the World Tour," and sales of 1.4 million copies of their old records.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Recreational User
    Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo
    Don't forget one of his early albums was called Controversy. (And wasn't another of his credits Montrealer Kat Dyson?)
    Kat and another Montrealer - a bass player ... forget her name - both played with him for about a decade. Kat's got a myspace page and is holed up in L.A. at the moment.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

Veteran of Misadventures
    He is an amazing musician and I always liked him (musically, that is), and I thought his halftime show at the Super Bowl was amazing.

I know a guy who played with Prince many years ago (professional musician) and he absolutely raved about Prince as a musician.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast