Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The long, arduous road to sobriety...

Exclamation The long, arduous road to sobriety...

My fellow Merbites. I have not been with an SP or MP in almost two weeks. I have many opportunities but I have resisted the urge. Why? Because I am a "binge hobbyist" - once I start, I am hooked for more. I wish I could control myself but I simply can't.

A wise man told me today: "...you got ask yourself why you're doing this...only you know." Part of it is that I love and need sex, part of it is that I am lonely, part of it is that my life is tough, part of it is that I love the hunt.

All I know is that my actions count..now more than ever...

GG

Veteran of Misadventures
    Is coming back on the Board likely to keep you "sober"?

Quote Originally Posted by General Gonad
    I have not been with an SP or MP in almost two weeks.
    2 Weeks???!!!!

I think I'd burst, myself!!!!

A poor corrupt official
    ...I am a "binge hobbyist" ...I wish I could control myself but I simply can`t.
    Gonad, must you start yet another thread on the same old topic?

I suggest the mods combine all of Gonad`s "addiction" threads into one. Here are just a few:

Gonad addiction thread

Gonad addiction thread

Gonad addiction thread
    Last edited by CaptRenault; 02-22-2007 at 11:28 PM.
    Strasser: By the way, the murder of the couriers, what has been done?
    Renault: Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.
    Heinze: We already know who the murderer is.
    Strasser: Good. Is he in custody?
    Renault: Oh, there's no hurry. Tonight he'll be at Rick's. Everybody comes to Rick's.

My fellow Merbites. I have not been with an SP or MP in almost two weeks. I have many opportunities but I have resisted the urge. Why? Because I am a "binge hobbyist" - once I start, I am hooked for more. I wish I could control myself but I simply can't.

A wise man told me today: "...you got ask yourself why you're doing this...only you know." Part of it is that I love and need sex, part of it is that I am lonely, part of it is that my life is tough, part of it is that I love the hunt.

All I know is that my actions count..now more than ever...

GG
    It isn't much of a hunt if you buy the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo
    It isn't much of a hunt if you buy the trophy.

Good point...but the hunt is more about being with someone new...unchartered territory...whatever...it's a vicious cycle...there's always another new lady to explore.

GG

P.S. Oh well, back to Oprah's Oscar special and then spanking the monkey!
    Last edited by General Gonad; 02-23-2007 at 12:04 AM.

I am me, too!
    So GG, your harms are getting bigger? That juice gotta get out somehow? LOL!!

I think I might be slowly slipping in the same pattern... You help me keep focused and stay in control. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by metoo4
    I think I might be slowly slipping in the same pattern... You help me keep focused and stay in control. Keep it up!
    metoo4,

It's tough...real tough. I can afford to hobby but I can't afford to lose my mind. In the end, I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself. In my weak moments, I'm ready to take out my cell phone and make the call to the agency, much like the drug addict calls the pusher for his fix. I tell myself "go ahead, call, indulge, you only live once..blablabla...".

But then I think about hard about how I feel after the SP leaves the room. That "empty" feeling is what I try to focus on. It's worked so far but there are no guarantees - I can easily slip up.

GG

P.S. One thing I have noticed is my bank account is looking good!

I am me, too!

P.S. One thing I have noticed is my bank account is looking good!
    That's what's starting to get me worried, mine doesn't look as good as it did 1 year ago... Then I think: shit! This month SP bill could have made a monthly payment on a pretty nice car!

Quote Originally Posted by metoo4
    That's what's starting to get me worried, mine doesn't look as good as it did 1 year ago... Then I think: shit! This month SP bill could have made a monthly payment on a pretty nice car!
    If I thought that way, I'd be driving a Porsche. But the Porsche doesn't guarantee me a GFE experience.

GG

Two weeks?!

Some of us live in Bush's Wonderland, and we can't make it to the mecca for 2 months!!! Minimum!!!

Count yourself lucky.

Just remember, sexual addiction may lead to stalking.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    Is coming back on the Board likely to keep you "sober"?
    Of course not. It's like a recovering alcoholic going to a bar to talk about his struggles with abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by bond_james_bond
    Some of us live in Bush's Wonderland, and we can't make it to the mecca for 2 months!!! Minimum!!!
    Count yourself lucky.
    The good ole USA was one of the worst places for hobbying before Bush, and it'll be like
    that long after he's gone

Quote Originally Posted by startrekk1
    Lets get something straight, sex is an addiction and boy am i addicted
    I heard food, water and oxygen are highly addictive also.

Better stop using for a while

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast