Thread: Discreet restaurant

Discreet restaurant

Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a nice discreet restaurant to take an SP for dinnerin Montreal....without prying eyes, and the chance of being seen by someone you know

I am me, too!
    Montreal's a big city. I've been to restaurant where I was 100% certain not to meet anybody I knew only to end-up sitting few tables from them. Often I also went to places where I expected to meet my entire family and friends but didn't see anybody I knew. It's the draw of Lady Luck. Each time you go in public, with a lady you don't want to be seen with, you take a chance.
    Don't forget, friends of the ones you're hiding from might also see you!

Better don't pay attention and think of an excuse beforehand. Could be a customer? A business associate maybe? Or a friend you haven't seen in a while? Of course, excuses like this are mute if you are all over her when you're spotted.

Be careful!

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by blumpkin
    ....without prying eyes,
    If you walk into a restaurant that I happen to be eating at with an SP, you will be leered at, and there is not a damn thing you can do to stop it. And the problem is, blumpkin, I like to eat at the nice, seemingly discrete restaurants you are talking about.

Thanks for the replies, but I was hoping for something specific... Perhaps out of the downtown core, maybe in Laval, or the South Shore...if not, I understand, I can always visit www.restomontreal.ca or www.montrealfood.com. But I thought with all the hobbyists out there, someone could recommend something classy and discreet.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by blumpkin
    But I thought with all the hobbyists out there, someone could recommend something classy and discreet.
    D'Emma in Old Montreal fits the bill, and it also has the added bonus of a very rustic, romantic atmosphere. It is Italian. Last time I ate there, I leered at a middle aged guy eating dinner with a gorgeous young woman who appeared to be an SP.

Been there, done that...I know too many people there! Unfortunately, all the good places I know, I can't/won't go to.

Tokyo Sukiyaki on Mountain Sights is the ultimate in privacy. It consists of only private tatami rooms of various sizes, there is no common area to the restaurant. The food is authentic Japanese and very good, reasonably priced and very out of the way. If you want a private dinner, it can't be topped.

http://www.montrealfood.com/restos/tokyosukiyaki.html
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Thanks alot Techman, I will certainly try it..any other suggestions anyone?

Well, if you don't mind eating in the dark, you can try O.Noir.

http://english.montrealplus.ca/bars_...aurant/1059007
    http://www.onoir.com

At least you won't have to worry about anyone seeing you!
    Last edited by ck_nj; 03-30-2007 at 06:07 PM.
    Clark
    ------
    MOONEY: Sergeant, I swear! Flying! With a big red cape! And bright red boots as well! Then, quick as a wink - he was gone! Flew up in the air again, he did. Like a big blue bird!
    SERGEANT: Like a big blue bird....with bright red boots! Why don't you take the rest of the night off now, Mooney. Go back to Murphy's bar and finish what you plainly started. I'll be off myself in a bit and join ya there...

first off try going to a resto in another municipality where no one knows you for sure....i used to do that with gf s i didnt wanna be seen with lol ....they were good just for one thing