Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumont is going to split the vote!

Dumont is going to split the vote!

Dumont is going to split the vote! If you do not want to see the Government change to PQ this time and then change back to Liberal the next time. Then, it is time to take action. We can not afford to pay for all these changes of government when there are plenty of social programs that could use the money to further society.
    I plan to vote Liberal in the advanced pole to avoid the crowds on election day.

Spliting the vote is when Mario Dumont takes away enough votes from the Liberals to allow the PQ a victory. Mario Dumont will pull away vital votes from the Liberals. So do not be so assured that the Liberals will be in power after the election. Your vote counts, put it to good use.
    Think of the election before your think of your erection!

vote splitting

Dumont will split the voting... just not necessarily the way you predict. In the past he has taken votes away from the PQ.
    We shall see...
    Just keep smiling...it keeps them guessing.

I am me, too!
    JP, but who told you we all want Liberals in power?
    I agree ADQ will split the vote. But, in November 1976, peoples were saying the same of the PQ and remember who won? Remember what happened to the Conservators in 1993?

Lots of things can happen.

Talking

Since when women discuss politics? You two, get back in the kitchen and make us men some shepherd's pie! (nb: see EB's recipe in the appropriate thread)
    Last edited by z/m(Ret); 03-16-2007 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by traveller_76
    I grew up with this stuff. Friends ask me to make it for them. Personally, it makes me cry. You just can't go back to sheperd's pie after you've discovered real italian (Calabrese.. hot.. mm!).
    Them women, they've become too smart for my liking. What happened to the days boards refused access to women so men can do their manly things in peace, like getting shitfaced, farting and bitching aboot the Yankees?
    Last edited by z/m(Ret); 03-16-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman
    I plan to vote Liberal in the advanced pole to avoid the crowds on election day.
    Quebec is the most heavily taxed jurisdiction in North America. You should vote ADQ so that he can shrink the huge Quebec bureaucracy.

I look forward to donating money saved from lower taxes to ladies in need.

Bill Clinton won on charisma because a bunch of women that knew nothing about politics voted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by beautydigger
    Bill Clinton won on charisma because a bunch of women that knew nothing about politics voted for him.
    Beautydigger, are you actually implying the states should have kept George Bush Senior as president back in the early 90's, instead of doing a much-needed about-face with Clinton? I truly shudder to think of how MUCH more fucked-up the world would be now if they had!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxima
    PQ will win a minority government. Boisclair is the first PQ's leader who has sex appeal. The way he pronounces "sovereign" is very sexy.
    Maxima, you find Boisclair sexy? I think you may be posting on the wrong board!

Originally Posted by traveller_76
    Forget about the sovereignty aspect. It's not like it's ever going to happen.
    It doesn't matter if it happens or not. Just the fact that the PQ continue to talk about and threaten separation costs this province money and jobs. It also makes us look like some pitiful little country that still can't get it's affairs in order after all these years. Enough is enough. It's time to move on.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

I am me, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoingittoDeath
    Call me when he gets a brain. And a party that isn't filled by a bunch of racist, backwater hicks. Please, please... let Montreal become a city-state so we can avoid petty provincial politics. (Well, that's what I'd like to see anyway...)
    If he's racist, how'd you call the conservators in Ottawa!! They're part "Reform Party", don't forget! So, that's no homexuality, no same sex marriage, lots of racist members and NO FRENCH! Dumont is extremely tame compared to them.

Dumont isn't racist, he just say out loud what others think but don't dare saying: enough with letting peoples coming from outside the country telling us what's right or not in our society.

Dumont tries to portray himself as a man of the people, but he's just another closet separatist. He'll say whatever gets him votes. So far he's managed to keep his foot out of his mouth but some of his candidates haven't been so lucky. If I judge him by what some of his candidates have said, I would never give him a chance to hold power. His inability to put numbers to his financial promises does not inspire any confidence either.

Boisclair, with his recent comments about 'slanty eyes' and his refusal to apologize, is no better. Both of them are fine examples of the 'le Quebec aux Quebecois' ideal. Now he's come out saying that he would hold a referendum even if he were only to win a minority government. How much of an idiot is this guy?

Charest is totally spineless. He's afraid to offend anyone, even the leaders of the other parties. He walks the middle of the road, avoiding the trucks on both sides of the highway. Sooner or later he'll wander and wind up as road kill. But until he does I don't see either of the other parties ending up in power.

All I am hoping and wishing for is to see the PQ end up in third place. If this does indeed happen, Boisclair is done for and the PQ will be in turmoil, Dumont becomes a hero and the ADQ may actually provide some decent opposition that doesn't focus on Quebec independance for a change.

Ahhh...it's nice to dream.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

I am me, too!
    Isn't it enough or what!!

Do Asian peoples have slanted eyes? YES!!! There's nothing racist about this, IT'S THE TRUTH!! Is it wrong to have slanted eyes? NO!! Does it change anything to the subject? NO!! Maybe some see this as an insult but, in Quebec, it isn't. Plain and simple. French peoples in Quebec do not implies that slanted eyes are a sign of some weakness or inferiority.

Do Caucasian have white skin? YES! Do we take it as an offence to be told we have white skin? NO!

Now, if he had say "there's a lot of brown-haired peoples here" or "there's a lot of peoples with blue eyes in the room", nobody would get offensed, right? What Dumont said is no different.

Boisclair is the greatest thing that ever happened....for Charest and Dumont at least! Boisclair makes even the Cowardly Lion and the Tin Woodman look like heroes.

But La Belle Province has a history of electing total zeroes as premier, from Boo Boo Bourassa to Jacques (Lover of the Ethnics) Parizeau.

Quote Originally Posted by metoo4
    Isn't it enough or what!!

Do Asian peoples have slanted eyes? YES!!! There's nothing racist about this, IT'S THE TRUTH!! Is it wrong to have slanted eyes? NO!! Does it change anything to the subject? NO!! Maybe some see this as an insult but, in Quebec, it isn't. Plain and simple. French peoples in Quebec do not implies that slanted eyes are a sign of some weakness or inferiority.

Do Caucasian have white skin? YES! Do we take it as an offence to be told we have white skin? NO!

Now, if he had say "there's a lot of brown-haired peoples here" or "there's a lot of peoples with blue eyes in the room", nobody would get offensed, right? What Dumont said is no different.
    Why didn't he just refer to them as Asian? Did he have to refer to them by a physical characteristic? What if there were a lot of African Americans there? Would he have said that there were a lot of students with curly black hair? The Asian community has said they consider it to be an insult. That's enough for me. It's not up to those who do the insulting to decide whether it's an insult or not. The PQ always try to say they represent all Quebecers but they always go out of their way to point out everyone's differences. If they had their way, everyone in Quebec would be white, catholic and french.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast