Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junk food thread: Stuff that taste great but can kill you.

Junk food thread: Stuff that taste great but can kill you.

This is a thread of foods and places that tatse great but are artery cloggers. The type of places I am talking about are places like Patate Quebecqois that serve the grease drenched fries and the fatty hamburgers that Quebecers eat all the time.
    I once saw a fat lady at one of these greasy patate places with a 12" plate of poutine in frint of her 5" high. I wondered to myself if she knows why she looks like a whale.
    Where do you go for your artery cloggers?

I am me, too!
    Good question!

The burgers at places like Patate Québequoise are 100% better in terms of health than any of McDonald's burgers. Patate Québequoise's burgers are 100% beef, the whole patty, not like Mcdo where the beef is 100% but they won't tell you what's the % of beef in the patty versus other shit they add!

Funny part of your question is the answer include the majority of "truck stop" places in North America and all hot-dogs places! Sooo good, soo cheap but so damn greasy! Get us wondering if the list of places with healty food would not be shorter!

Fat and calories are considered a measure of taste, didn't you know? No fat in brocoli and no calories but not many peoples can say they crave brocoli! On the other hand, take a big poutine, full of cheeze and sauce, now, that taste good and lots of peoples can crave having a poutine!

Of course, I'm joking!!

Also, maybe you could add USA places? American are known to eat far worst than Québecois in terms of greasy, unhealthy food! I've been to USA and noticed it myself. I even returned a parmigiana chicken because it was dripping fat! Not talking KFC here, should not see fat with parmigiana chicken! Some US chains who do business in Canada even adapted their menus and recipts in order to survive in Canada. Take Perkin's restaurants: the meatloaf in Canada is great but in USA, it's like biting in a piece of crisco. Or simply Subway! The ingredients (meats) in Canada and USA are different. IMHO, a steak sub at Subway in USA is awful (low quality "nervous" beef) chopped in small cubes in order to tenderize it, where in Canada, it's thin slices of good quality beef.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman
    Where do you go for your artery cloggers?
    La Banquise (994 Rachel E - 514-525-2415 - open 24/7!) hands down! Best poutine!

A few other honorable mentions:
    La Paryse (302 Ontario E - 514-842-2040)
    Mamma's Pizzeria (75 Pins W - 514-288-1128)
    Dunn's Famous Restaurant (1249 Metcalfe - 514-395-1927)
    La Belle Province (All over the place)
    Amantes sunt amentes.

Talking

This "junk food scare" is utter BS! Take carrots, for instance, a veggie considered healthy. Well, according to studies, people who eat carrots have 100% chance of dying at one point.
    Last edited by z/m(Ret); 03-16-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Montana
    This is utter BS! Take carrots, for instance, a veggie considered healthy. Well, according to studies, people who eat carrots have a 100% chance of dying at one point.
    Not only that, but they'll make your skin turn orange!

No matter what we do, the mortality rate will be 100%
    Amantes sunt amentes.

I am me, too!
    Ziggy, forget carrots! Breathing is the greatest cause of death! It start when you get born and won't stop until it finally kills you! Talk about a mortal disease!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    Not only that, but they'll make your skin turn orange!

No matter what we do, the mortality rate will be 100%
    Well, actually, if we transpose the "Infinite Monkey Theorem" to the mortality rate, it would not be 100% but 99.999 (inf.)%. Absolute certainty of an event taking place assumes the knower has witnessed every occurence of the said event. If humans are the knower and death is the event, we'd have to wait until the next extinction to determine with "absolute certainty" that humans are ontologically mortal (and not just statistically mortal) and prove once in for all as "true" the Socratic syllogism: "If all men are mortal and I am a man, therefore, I am mortal.". So - yes - there exists an infinitely small probability that we, humans, are immortal.

Now the problem is when the human race will be extinct, there'll be no human to read the extensive compilation of human death occurences gathered through our millions years history. I hope by then that rats, cockroaches and Texans (oh they're humans too? Sorry then...) will have learned to read...

Talking Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide!

Good points metoo4 and Ziggy, but by far the most nefarious susbtance would be Dihydrogen Monoxide!

The Invisible Killer
    Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:
    • is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
    • contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
    • may cause severe burns.
    • contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    • accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    • may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    • has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!
    Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
    • as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    • in nuclear power plants.
    • in the production of styrofoam.
    • as a fire retardant.
    • in many forms of cruel animal research.
    • in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
    • as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The Horror Must Be Stopped!
    The Canadian government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.
    Amantes sunt amentes.

Heart Attack Grill in AZ is featuring an 8000 cal "quadruple bypass burger"

"The barely year-old Tempe, Ariz., restaurant with its slogan "taste...worth dying for!" makes the "quadruple bypass burger," estimated to be 8,000 calories, and it is served by waitresses in "nurse" outfits." You've gotta see it to believe it and I thought Hardy's burger was bad.

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

Try to top that one. At least you could fulfill one last nurse fantasy before you die
    Last edited by Love big tits; 03-18-2007 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Love big tits
    http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

Try to top that one. At least you could fulfill one last nurse fantasy before you die
    Looks like fun. Particularly the nurse outfits... Though it is in Arizona and I, unfortunately, have no plans in going to Arizona in the near (or distant) future.

Anyone know of a place in Montreal (or environs) with one of those "if you eat the whole meal/steak/burger/etc you get it for free?" competitions?
    Amantes sunt amentes.

.....................Anyone know of a place in Montreal (or environs) with one of those "if you eat the whole meal/steak/burger/etc you get it for free?" competitions?
    I did not realize that you were a gourmand !

Quote Originally Posted by chef
    I did not realize that you were a gourmand !
    LOL, I do know how to a appreciate a good meal, and beleive me, I prefer a reasonable, balanced, delicious meal to this kind of excess, but I think it would also be fun to give this a try. If I succeed, I'd love to be able to tell the story
    Amantes sunt amentes.

...........If I succeed, I'd love to be able to tell the story
    Are you implying (by "I'd love to") that you may not be able to tell the story? i.e. you would be pushing up daisies.

Not Junk Food, But Still Dangerous

Go to Pied de Cochon and OD on foie gras. Very definitely not junk food, and very definitely not as cheap. But oh so delicious !

Anyone know of a place in Montreal (or environs) with one of those "if you eat the whole meal/steak/burger/etc you get it for free?" competitions?
    I remember a place 5 or 6 years ago (maybe more) on Ste-Catherine St. (between St-Laurent and St-Denis) who serve extremelly huge portion and had for concept that if a single person is able to finish is plate, a picture of him (or her) will be taken and expose on the wall (in a frame)

Things on the menu was by exemple : "the 1,5 pounds spaghetti meat sauce"

I don't remember the name but now at this location it's another restaurant call Venus and Mars (or Mars and Venus), and their portion are "normal"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast