Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! The Bitter Maple Laughs Fan Thread!

Talking Wow! The Bitter Maple Laughs Fan Thread!

They haven't won a single Cup in 40 years and they'll likely not make the playoffs this year; their history is the epitome of professional sports failure, guess what? It's the TORONTO MAPLE LAUGHS! Let's revisit together the glorious career of $7.8M team captain Mats Sundin! The skillful playing of Darcy Tucker! Let's also meet some of the team's die-hard fans! And let's pay tribute to the Laughs legendary 1989 38-38-4 record, their best, by far, in the whole decade! All this and more on the BITTER MAPLE LAUGHS FAN THREAD!
    Last edited by z/m(Ret); 03-22-2007 at 05:51 PM.

It's a whole new ballgame
    You're a vicious man, Ziggy Montana. Think I'll have to hustle on over to the Yankees suck thread and give you a run for your money.

Playoffs in TO is traditionally spelled C-H-O-K-E. This year tho, there'll be no need for spelling as the plans for a Stanley Cup parade were once again put on ice.
    Last edited by z/m(Ret); 03-22-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Ziggy, here's the problem, the leaf fans here are stupid, they sell out every game, they have TV rights with I think about 5 different networks, they have tons of money coming in and they never have to put a winning product on the ice cause the dumb-ass fans keep showing up.

So what they do is tease us with a marginal team that finishes between 5th and 9th place, the fans get all excited, but they never win anything.

Expect much of the same the next 40 years

I've competely stopped watching them BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Esco!
    they have tons of money coming in and they never have to put a winning product on the ice cause the dumb-ass fans keep showing up.
    Bang! Sounds like the Youessay: they have tons money (mind you most of it borrowed from foreign countries) and they never have to put a decent administration in the White House because the dumb-ass Americans keep voting. Oh, relax, I'm just kidding here! - NOT!
    Last edited by z/m(Ret); 03-22-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Seriously , Torontonian fanatism has reached dangerous levels of abnegation.

they never have to put a winning product on the ice cause the dumb-ass fans keep showing up.
    Not only do the dummies show up, they sell out every game.

Whats the definition of stupidity: Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results

Whats the definition of stupidity: Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results
    I said it once, I'll say it again:

An' buuuuh, cow bust he head 'gainst de pos' an' 'gain cow bust he head 'gainst de pos' an' 'gain cow bust he head 'gainst de pos' an' 'gain cow bust he head 'gainst de pos' an' 'gain cow bust he head 'gainst de pos an' 'gain an' 'gain an' 'gain an' 'gain an' 'gain an' 'gain an' 'gain an' 'gain an' 'gain an' 'gain an' 'gain an' 'gain ...

An' dat was de end of cow.

I wont shed one tear if the whole fricking franchise moves to Albuquerque.

Soccer is the next big thing, go FCToronto go!!!

I wont shed one tear if the whole fricking franchise moves to Albuquerque.
    Is that where Bugs Bunny took a wrong turn? Coincidently, I know of 29 Mickey Mouse who took the same wrong turn but this time to Toronto.
    Last edited by z/m(Ret); 03-23-2007 at 02:10 AM.

Great thread Zig - both amusing and highly accurate. Must admit though that I felt guilty reading it: it's not politically correct to make fun of the intellectually and physically challenged. Meanwhile most of the stuff here could also apply to the woebegone Habs and their legions of fans who live in dreamland like some of those poor saps in Toronto. Wake up dreamers: both these teams have been dead in the water (melted ice) for many many years.

Outscored 13-4 with a 0-3 record in their last three road games, the Laughs are gearing up - lol - for their descent into hell tomorrow in Buffalo, where they'll get their Torontonian behinds kicked by the mighty Sabres.

Asked what, according to him, would be the key to a upset win in Buffalo, Darcy Tucker replied: "We need to play above our heads, LITERALLY".

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DoingittoDeath
    A sad truth. When I see fans in Montreal waving flags and chanting about yet-to-be-won Stanley Cups after winning one game (... repressed Laughs fan humour ...)
    Pfft... You had to see the celebrations in Bramladesh, Canukistan, following the Laughs 4-3 OT victory over their AHL farm team, the Marlies. It was like if the Laughs had just won the Stanley Cup, the Superbowl and the Annual Turkish Camel Wresling Championship at once! Well, to be honnest, the fans were not being festive over the Laughs win as much as they were cheering for these hot dangs.

Arrow

Wilf Paiement wasn't a bad player at all.He was a rough and tough power forward who blossomed in Quebec while playing on the best third line of all time:Paiement,Tony Makegny and André Savard.
    They could have been second line in most NHL teams then and now.
    The mistake the Laughs did was trading him for Myroclav Frycer.

my 2 ˘.

When I have more time I'll write a lengthy post on how I think Gary Bettman has ruined hockey

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast