Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USA – Super Power … but Super Smart?

Arrow USA – Super Power … but Super Smart?

Our U.S. neighbours may have money and power, but they certainly lack something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

I wonder how much more in taxes you would have to pay to have a military? Speaking of lacking!!!

Just another fool
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery_When_Oiled
    Our U.S. neighbours may have money and power, but they certainly lack something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

MY GOD...They have nuclear weapons!!! To make sure I can sleep at night, I will tell myself they asked 10000 people and only showed the worst 20.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

lmao Guess you dont have to be the brightess kid on the block when all you can do is kick ass.

And they elected the brightest bulb too..!!! Oh wait, we did something just as stupid... shows how 'american' most of canada is.!!!

I guess the more bones we throw you the less appreciative you become.

Working rage-aholic
    I wonder where this was-it wasn't in New England or New York. (Phew) I saw palm trees, so I'm guessing Montana

I saw a poll where 20% of American teens think the constitution guarantees the right to own a pet. This isn't really stupidity, just ignorance. Public education in America has been getting watered down for a couple of generations. I have a good friend who is a retired Connecticut teacher. He's told me all his horror stories, and he said most of the kids were great, but he hated the union, and all the non teachers in education, and he loathed the parents, too. Try and hold the kids accountable, hell, no. He refers to No Child Left Behind as No Teacher Left Sane. The only function of American public schools is for the socialization. Uninformed, amicable people are easy to control.

There are well educated people in America, though-alot of them. If they asked me to name a country that began with a U and I said USA, UK, Uganda, Uruguay, Uzbekistan and Ukraine, well, that wouldn't prove their point and wouldn't be good tv, would it?
    Last edited by btyger; 04-07-2007 at 10:50 AM.
    Why are homely people discriminated against...we're the majority

Kessel, a 17-year-old forward from Madison, Wisconsin, led the United Staes to the World Under-18 Hockey Championship on Sunday. The U.S. scored a 5-1 win over Canada, finishing the tournament undefeated.

Kids are not that bad !!!!!!!

Only In America

Geraldo Rivera and Bill O'Reilly, two Fox News broadcasters, got into a high-testosterone shouting match last night on "The O'Reilly Factor" show during a discussion of Alfredo Ramos, an illegal alien from Mexico who killed two teenagers while driving drunk.

View it all for the shouting match…

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ps-oreilly.php

I am me, too!
    Beautydigger, last I checked, playing sports didn't have anything to do with people's general culture. I don't know how your comments relate to this discussion. You're just acting as a bitter American who think USA is the best.

Sad thing is, I don't know if the answers would have been better here in Canada... My dad was a teacher and he's seen his fair share of weird answers to simple questions...

Jay Leno's "Jaywalking" segment

This is just a cheap parody of Jay Leno's (The Tonight Show) "Jaywalking" segment.
    He walks through L.A. and elsewhere to find as many people he can who don't know anything about current events. http://media.www.dailylobo.com/media...s-223861.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner
    This is just a cheap parody of Jay Leno's (The Tonight Show) "Jaywalking" segment.
    He walks through L.A. and elsewhere to find as many people he can who don't know anything about current events. http://media.www.dailylobo.com/media...s-223861.shtml
    What they dont show is the people that DO know about current events

Makes me think of the shameful segment Rick Mercer did with Goerge W. walking by reporters, when he asked him in a subdued voice what he thought about Canada's then-PM "Jean Poutine" Doubya answered and then was branded as a dummy for not knowing our PM was Jean Chretien. Who knows how many attempts that took, and the fact is Mercer had to cheat to make himself look smart and W. look ... like W. My point is that if you fish long enough you'll find a supposedly representative sample to suit
    your slanted message.

I am me, too!
    It's pretty easy to do a few hundred takes and keep only the bad ones... But still, these peoples do exist!

Working rage-aholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery_When_Oiled
    Geraldo Rivera and Bill O'Reilly, two Fox News broadcasters, got into a high-testosterone shouting match last night on "The O'Reilly Factor" show during a discussion of Alfredo Ramos, an illegal alien from Mexico who killed two teenagers while driving drunk.

View it all for the shouting match…

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ps-oreilly.php
    What's wrong with this? It's great tv...the only thing wrong is that I have to agree with Geraldo.
    Why are homely people discriminated against...we're the majority

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast