View Poll Results: MTL vs TO tonight, who will win?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • MTL

14 45.16%
  • TO

16 51.61%
  • the game will head into overtime and MTL will pick up a point

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTL vs TO tonight, who will win?

proud infidel

MTL vs TO tonight, who will win?

1-MTL

2-TO

3-The game will head into overtime and MTL will pick up a point
    Last edited by femaleluver2; 04-07-2007 at 08:50 AM.
    fml

Montreal will win, i hate the city of Toronto and the people that live there big time, i hope Montreal clobbers that sorry ass of a cities team, the Leafs are the like the Red Sox that when it comes to a big game they simply choke.

5-0 Montreal(my prediction)

I have been saying that this one is too close to call, but now I'll have to change my tune. If noted prognosticator Joe T is predicting Montreal, then I am sad to say that it looks like Toronto will take it. Although I want Montreal to win, my hatred of the Leafs is surpassed only by my total faith that Joe T's sports predictions are almost always wrong. Damn it Joe T - why couldn't you have predicted a Toronto victory?

Emperor of Earth
    I would like to see the Leafs win, but I know Raycroft is not the brightest goaltender in the league especially when needed most. Right now I predict that the Islanders will sneak in and both Leaf and Hab fans will be crying.

Joe.t
    I love the city of Toronto and it's people, but I respect your love and hates. One thing I'm sure we can agree on is that if both our teams don't make it, than we have a good excuse to have a drink. If one of our team makes it than we need a drink. Ok, I'm looking for an excuse to drink, lol. Enjoy the playoffs.
    All hail Emperor BDC aka Napoliano Peter Greatzetski Czaro.

What happens if the Islanders tie tomorrow, their last game?????
    And the Leafs win tonight, do the Leafs still go through???

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t
    Montreal will win, i hate the city of Toronto and the people that live there big time, i hope Montreal clobbers that sorry ass of a cities team, the Leafs are the like the Red Sox that when it comes to a big game they simply choke.

5-0 Montreal(my prediction)
    Just like the biggest chokers in sporting history, your 2004 NY Yankees who lost 4 straight games after being up 3 games to 0???

You give Love..A BAD NAME
    LEAFS WIN
    LEAFS WIN
    LEAFS WIN !!!

LEAFS WIN 6-5 over the Habs.................but, they have to Wait for the Islanders to lose tomorrow vs the Devils @ 3:30 p.m.

Emperor of Earth
    LEAFS WIN
    LEAFS WIN
    LEAFS WIN

SOCK IT UP AND ENJOY

LEAFS WIN
    LEAFS WIN
    LEAFS WIN

Refs win! Oops...sorry Leafs.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

2-2 in bans... loser...
    Let us know when you get a mind... loser..
    Both teams are useless overpaid idiots who think they are oh so great. Glad the Habs lost and hope the Leafs lose out with an Islanders win tomorrow.

Montreal - 8 Penalties for 16 Minutes
    Toronto - 5 Penalties for 10 Minutes

Power Play:
    Montreal - 2 Goals
    Toronto - 2 Goals

Shots on Goal:
    Montreal - 26
    Toronto - 35

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Did Kovalev play tonight??
    Well..............he did Skate

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/ES021219.HTM

Time On Ice - 13:14 (From 60 Mins)
    Shifts - 21
    NO SHOTS

Emperor of Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Raycroft, who was a total sieve tonight & was pulled during the 2nd period.
    Raycroft should be pulled from the team period. He's totally retarded and a 5yr old could do better in nets. In way too many games Raycroft has failed come crunch time especially in shootouts and too many times the Leafs outshoot their oponints only to lose thanks to moronic goaltending by Raycroft. Had the Leafs had better goaltending they would probably be in a 5th spot position and better in the standings. The Leafs deffenitly need to get a real goaltender over the summer.

And while I hope the Leafs make the playoffs, it's sad Montreal and Boston won't be there to join them.

As predicted, it was a close see-saw battle between the 2 worst teams left in the playoff race. As ususal when these 2 teams meet, it looked like both were trying to lose. The only winner in all this was Joe T, who maintains his perfect record in predictions (perfectly wrong, that is, but give the guy credit: he IS perfect in a strange sort of way. If he told me his predictions in advance of every sporting event I'd soon become a multimillionaire just by betting the opposite way, as I did tonight).

All the other teams in the playoffs were probably hoping that there was some magic formula where Montreal and Toronto could both qualify because that would ensure having at least 2 hopeless squads in the playoffs.

Now I'm rooting for the Islanders to beat the Devils. And can you believe the idiotic fans of both the Habs and the Leafs? The Habs fans are already saying "next year" - right, next year for another early exit. And the Leafs fans are as happy as pigs in shit even though their heroes will still fail to qualify if the Landers win tomorrow. Of course in a way I don't blame the Leafs fans since this is about as good as it'll ever get for them as the 40 years of futility continues.

If the Habs had won, their MVP would not have been Ryder. For sure the vote would have gone to Raycroft!

Veteran of Misadventures
    It's almost comical to me that all this attention was given to a game whose real implications were merely to determine who gets the rights to a first round playoff elimination. The Habs can now go and retrieve their golf clubs, but the Maple Laughs are not going to be too far behind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast