Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Street action thread

Question Street action thread

First, I know that this thread could turn in flaming wars, but someone has to do it.

What's going on MERB ??? The popular street action thread is gone. Is it possible to know why or get an explanation from the MOD. I noticed that Oliver posts are all gone, but I don't think that it was Oliver who start this thread, so why is It gone ?

All of this sound childish. Merb is going down. Just to make things clear, I'm not accusing the MOD, but It sounds like a power trip to me... Someone didn't like Oliver and everyone else is paying for this...

So, I'm asking again what's going on here ???

PS: Please MODS, don't reply to by PM...

I am me, too!
    Mmm... Because there's a "stret action" section now!

In the main forum window, where you see all sections, look at the bottom.

C'mon, I'm talking about the big one

I am me, too!
    The "big one" was mainly by Oliver so, even if it wasn't deleted when Oliver asked his post to be removed, it could have shrunk enormously.

Sorry but if there was something else, I don't know what you're talking about.

I am me, too!
    While in the Street Action forum, from the green bar on top of the page, select the grey "Archive". Maybe what you're looknig for is there. I don't know how they archive but there's stuff there dating December 2006 so, maybe Oliver did start the thread but what we now see as post #1 isn't the real post 1? Just an idea like that?

EDIT: Forget that, I just checked Cleo's thread in SC section and the first real post is dated 2003 so, archiving must be done after the thread is X amount of time without activity.
    Last edited by metoo4; 04-07-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Emperor of Earth
    I don't know if this is the case, but what's happening is that many people who get baned for stupidity like I did back in October feel that their ban was not nessarly justified. Since they can't do anything about the ban, when their ban is finished they take revenge in the only way they can and that is by deleting all their posts and threeds started by them. Also when the odd bully goes too far and constantly flames an individual and the mods conviently turn a blind eye then they too punish the mods inaction by deleating their posts and threeds they started.

I'm not defending this action, but simply outlining the line of thinking going on by many posters. I myself used this tatic after an unjustified 2 mounth ban following in Olivers footsteps and while I would never compare myself to the living legend, I know it impacted the board and the qulity of the board. Now more others are doing the same from patterns I've noticed. Overall, I have the say MERB has been on the decline in qulity. Is it because of this tatic or is it simply after 2yrs on MERB I'm not as into it as I once was due to the freashness of it being gone and boarden setting in? I don't know.
    All hail Emperor BDC aka Napoliano Peter Greatzetski Czaro.

hello gents

the street action thread is almost dead since the senior analyst of the pavement princess business has been banned.

please, come back oliver. this board is not the same without you.

sexslave

Emperor of Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by sexslave
    hello gents

the street action thread is almost dead since the senior analyst of the pavement princess business has been banned.

please, come back oliver. this board is not the same without you.

sexslave
    We will see in due time. Olie is really pissed and vowed to never come back, but he has said this in the past. The difference this time is that his ban is 3 months which could finalize his decition. Best of luck to you Oliver.

2-2 in bans... loser...
    Let us know when you get a mind... loser..
    Ok, this is fucked up. Do a search on Oliver Koseoff and his user name is no longer there. As I saw on Mer* it seems they changed all his posts to be under postsforok (get it: posts for ok)....

Are we in kindergarten here or what? Would a mod kindly step up to the plate and either delete all the posts or stop screwing around with user handles?

He's made it very clear that he doesn't wnat to come back here. Emails were also supposedly exchanged with mods/admins that they would delete his posts, then bounced back to state 'when you come back you can do it', then back again and back again and.....

For the sake of everyone just delete the frikken things.

Emperor of Earth
    hornyanglo66:
    I agree with you 100%. By the mods inaction and changing his handels they only incourage people to deleat their posts or threeds if they sense that they might get banned or just plain want to leave. Oliver said that pms are not privet while the mods deny this and say they are. By playing with Olivers' handel they only give Oliver more credability and contribute to the consperacy theory.

Yeap, as I said, everything is this board is becomming childish. The mod are playing with us and most important, maybe someone has an agenda against Oliver. I want to be clear, I'm not defending Oliver, but these actions by deleting threads, changing handles, etc are affecting the board.

Also, We still waiting dor answers from the MOD

Recreational User
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Cool
    hornyanglo66:
    I agree with you 100%. By the mods inaction and changing his handels they only incourage people to deleat their posts or threeds if they sense that they might get banned or just plain want to leave. Oliver said that pms are not privet while the mods deny this and say they are. By playing with Olivers' handel they only give Oliver more credability and contribute to the consperacy theory.
    BDC - nice touch adopting Oliver's style of writing typing! Reminds me of what i don't miss.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

I am me, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by YouVantOption
    BDC - nice touch adopting Oliver's style of writing typing! Reminds me of what i don't miss.
    Some peoples don't have personality so they must adopt somebody else's...

Just a suggestion for all you guys saying this board is going down, peoples are childish, Mods are playing with users and blabla, why don't you leave and never come back? After all, this board is sooo bad, you have nothing to gain being here!

I don't like the taste of sushi. I don't have to eat some every day just so I can say I don't like it! I just don't eat any!

So, you don't like sushi? Stop eating some!

By the way, I just did a query on all posts by "postsforok". Total of... 15 posts! And the "style" of writing is no way close to Oliver's "style". Before blabbing misinformation, better check next time and come back with proofs.

Emperor of Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by metoo4
    Some peoples don't have personality so they must adopt somebody else's...
    And some people are mean sperited bastards with no life or the ability to feel good without putting others down. How sad. Here's a song for you "Cry me a River"

I am me, too!
    It's only that I find it funny to see peoples who can't swim, are thrown a flotation device but reject it, and still insist they swim better than everybody else, even when everybody see they're drowning. If the person grab the flotation device, even if it takes a few shots, I'll be happy to help but, some just don't want to be helped.
    At that point, I find I'm only doing an act of kindness by assisting in stopping their suffering so, I start throwing sandbags instead of flotation devices.

And what's even funnier is, the person who can't swim usually catch all my sand bags instead of letting them go, even if everybody tells him not to catch them and, by doing so, sink even deeper, while still insisting he's a great swimmer! Bloubbloubbloub...

Ok, i'll be nice: here's another flotation device!
    In the thread about sp being single moms, you're reply is the type of post who get you in trouble. Read it back and think about it. You're offering yourself as a target with this kind of comment. With this comment, you bring everything back to yourself: you have no respect for these girls because they date bad boys while you're there and they won't look at you. How they got there doesn't interest you at all. The only thing that interest you is, in your opinion, you have the solution and they don't take it. That's the end of discussion for you, all is simple black and white, you have the truth and nobody else does. If you would try to understand why they get to that point, maybe you'd change your opinion?
    When stating an opinion, you could try imagining yourself in the other person's shoes, honestly and without letting yourself get in the way. You'd be amazed how often your opinion might change since, it's sometimes gray instead of black and white.

See, I can be nice! Now, will you leach out or think about what's above?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast