Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What form of public transportation is best with gas price so so high ?

What form of public transportation is best with gas price so so high ?

The cost of gas goes thru the roof like a space rocket.

How do merbites cope with this ?

I assume now that public transportation is best.

The question is which form of public transportation is best ?

metro rail ? bus ? taxi ?

Thumbs down Bmw

Quote Originally Posted by New York
    The cost of gas goes thru the roof like a space rocket.

How do merbites cope with this ?

I assume now that public transportation is best.

The question is which form of public transportation is best ?

metro rail ? bus ? taxi ?
    Use the BMW = Bus/Metro/Walk.

Question six speed shifting?

How many cars on our market do you see with a six speed shift? One car out of a million im guessing (and that car was an added option to get lower takeoff power for a sports car).

I just got back from Germany a couple of weeks ago and rented a nice open astra with a 1.9liter diesel with a six speed. Didnt try to figure out the exact milage, but by the amount of freeway driving I did and the little amount the gas gauge moved id have to guess I was getting pretty awsome milage.

Why aren't the automakers here offering a car like that...a small diesel engine with awsome fuel economy.

Mercedes is offering the smart But the american market ist not ready for something like that

speaking of the smart...here's a video for those who dont know just how small the smart is

Emperor of Earth
    Don't use public transportation if you have a car. These cocksuckers are on strike for like the 3rd time in 5 years. These overpaid peices of shit constantly take the public hostage and I'm looking to buy a car within a year and writing the STM a big "Fuck you and shove it up your ass" letter once I get my car.
    All hail Emperor BDC aka Napoliano Peter Greatzetski Czaro.

I have seen those SMART cars all over Montreal. Too bad they are not available in the States until next year, and in very limited numbers too.
    Clark
    ------
    MOONEY: Sergeant, I swear! Flying! With a big red cape! And bright red boots as well! Then, quick as a wink - he was gone! Flew up in the air again, he did. Like a big blue bird!
    SERGEANT: Like a big blue bird....with bright red boots! Why don't you take the rest of the night off now, Mooney. Go back to Murphy's bar and finish what you plainly started. I'll be off myself in a bit and join ya there...

Carpool. You already have a car, pay insurance, might as well use it.

You want a smart car? Buy a 1998 diesel Jetta for $3000, buy a Veggie oil conversion kit for $1000, and run the damn thing off used deep frying oil you begged for free from the local chinese joint.

Do not buy a NEW smart car.....there are one year old models for sale here in Canada for HALF what they cost new retail. If you're going to buy a Smart Car, save some dough and buy a slightly used one....they seem to depreciate very, very quickly (a result of a limited market, I presume)

Smart Cars are OK if you live alone. If you're married with kids.....sorry, no can do!
    Last edited by alfonso; 05-22-2007 at 08:13 PM.

Smile Smart Cars

Quote Originally Posted by ck_nj
    I have seen those SMART cars all over Montreal. Too bad they are not available in the States until next year, and in very limited numbers too.
    CK,
    Doubt that you and I will find a comfort zone with the smart cars.
    Trust you had a safe trip back.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Cool
    Don't use public transportation if you have a car. These cocksuckers are on strike for like the 3rd time in 5 years. These overpaid peices of shit constantly take the public hostage and I'm looking to buy a car within a year and writing the STM a big "Fuck you and shove it up your ass" letter once I get my car.
    And you know what BDC? I heard on the news today that because they're giving essential services these cocksuckers are getting 75% of their pay! Since it's the final 25% that's most heavily taxed, these bastards are suffering very little financially.

It,s the 15th strike in the last 40 years in public transportation.These fuckin' communists are laughing at their real bosses,the public,and our stupid government is doing nothing.
    Make those services private and see if it's as slow,costly and always on strike.

Emperor of Earth
    Cosmo and joelcairo:
    I got new for both of you. Dumont is pushe Charest to force them back to work and is pushing the idea of privatizing the entire system. With a minority government we could see Charet actually grow a pair of balls when he knows that his leadership is threatend. The best thing to do is write to your local Liberal MP and let them know that if the strike is not done with shortly, you'll vote ADQ. An MP understands the threat of losing their seat.
    All hail Emperor BDC aka Napoliano Peter Greatzetski Czaro.

Fuck !! My original plan was to park my car at my hotel in Laval, and use my car as little as I can.

I just came back from Buenos Aires, where workers will strike with no notice.
    Happened to me when I was in a hurry to get back to my place for a chica appointment !! Fucking Impossible to find a taxi !! Finally Mr Magoo picked me up..He spoke no English, and I spoke broken Spanish to him..got home and she arrived promptly.

Did they announce that a strike was coming, or does it co-incide with the upcoming F1 race ?

Smuler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast