Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Are women losing respect from society?

  1. #1

    Are women losing respect from society?

    With the current escapades of Britney, Linsey, and Paris are we really supposed to take the new woman seriously? To me, it seems like their quest for equality and independence has had a damaging psychological effect.
    Women were hectored into thinking motherhood is unfulfilling and were rooted out of their homes to ascend the corporate ladder. Babes still in diapers were shunted off to day care. Mothers are pumping their children full of powerful psychotropic medications.
    Consider Hillary Clinton’s laughable canards that women suffer from wage discrimination, were routinely excluded from medical research, are more likely to be the victims of war, and so on.
    Domestic violence laws have allowed women to send men packing without any proof of abuse. And divorced dads were reduced to mere visitors in their children’s lives. Word soon leaked out and young men began to lose interest.
    Three years ago Rutgers University conducted a national survey of top eligible bachelors — single, heterosexual men ages 24-35. The researchers were in for a shock: 53% of men said they were not interested in getting married anytime soon, and 22% declared they had no intention of ever tying the knot.
    Male bashing is the latest craze and men are made out as idiots that don’t have a clue. Certainly in my life the pedestal has been lowered.

  2. #2

    Thumbs down Vive les femmes!!!

    Women are far superior species to men. Once you accept this, your life will be less frustrating.

    GG

  3. #3
    This is one of the reasons Quebec's civil code does not accord as many "rights" to each side of unmarried couples as to married couples.
    By not getting married the civil code respects the fact that you did not want to get married with all its "obligations", "protections" and "rights".

    However the rest of Canada works on common law and this law relies very much on jurisprudence, prior court judgments and decisions, legal precedents.
    Somehow some lawyers and judges figured out that even though you did not want to get married they know you really wanted to. Go figure.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by General Gonad
    Women are far superior species to men. Once you accept this, your life will be less frustrating.

    GG
    Will you ever stop sucking up for better service. What about dignity?
    I used to think that, but things have changed.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by beautydigger
    Will you ever stop sucking up for better service. What about dignity? I used to think that, but things have changed.
    Don't underestimate pussy power. Many have and they have paid the price.

    GG

  6. #6

    Talking Go, Bork!

    Quote Originally Posted by beautydigger
    With the current escapades of Britney, Linsey, and Paris are we really supposed to take the new woman seriously? [...]Male bashing is the latest craze and men are made out as idiots that don’t have a clue. Certainly in my life the pedestal has been lowered.
    Yeah, get them women home before they evolve...
    Last edited by z/m(Ret); 09-18-2007 at 08:04 PM.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by beautydigger
    With the current escapades of Britney, Linsey, and Paris are we really supposed to take the new woman seriously? ...
    You are using those three as examples of womanhood? They are nothing but little girls who haven't had the necessity to grow up. Compare them to Christina Aguilera, who is around the same age as Spears and who was always regarded as the skanky one of the two. Well look at her now. Glamorous and beautiful, singing with Tony Bennet at the Emmy awards. Why not use her, or another example such as Jessica Alba, who have done their best to stay out of the paparrazi fantasy world as examples? Or someone such as Angelina Jolie or Shakira who do great work for childrens' causes around the world? Why always look for the worst examples?

    Techman
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  8. #8

    Talking Traduction.....................

    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerz
    Je n'ai pas compris entièrement ton texte mais tu sembles dire que les femmes, à la quête de leur indépendance, ont eu un effet néfaste sur leur mental [...]
    Non, tu n'y es pas du tout! Ce qu'il dit en fait c'est que le pare-choc de sa Toyota lui ramène le doux souvenir du postérieur de sa maman, duquel il s'éprit, jadis, tandis qu'il se résignait qu'il puisse jamais récidiver pareil amour.

    Depuis, ajoute-t-il, il vit terré dans son garde-robe, attendant que sa vraie nature se révèle et l'en fasse sortir.

  9. #9

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoneAlarm
    haha, GG i see you are an enlightened man.
    Enlightened man? That is an oxymoron. Pretty soon, women will rule the world and we can finally sing and rejoice: "it's raining women, haleluja, it's raining women, haleluja." No wait, that's the song that comes to my mind when I visit Eleganza's website.

    GG

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by beautydigger
    Three years ago Rutgers University conducted a national survey of top eligible bachelors — single, heterosexual men ages 24-35. The researchers were in for a shock: 53% of men said they were not interested in getting married anytime soon, and 22% declared they had no intention of ever tying the knot.
    Male bashing is the latest craze and men are made out as idiots that don’t have a clue. Certainly in my life the pedestal has been lowered.
    I am not surprised with the survey. I belong to 22% category. I think this whole affirmative action equal rights thing has translated into wage negotiations based on race/sex thing. This thing can only go on so long before-- due to loss of productivity-- a country's economy goes into downward spiral. Honestly, in today's world hard work does not necessarily pay off, but negotiation based on gender/sex does seem to have high payoffs.

  11. #11

    Britney

    Even though I have very little respect or pity for Britney Spears, you have to wonder if things like this have something to do with her problems. Yes, I know that she brings it on herself but can you imagine having to live with this much attention whenever you go anywhere? This is really sad.

    http://www.egotastic.com/video?bc=11...2&info=Britney Spears at the club

    This is footage of her going to and leaving a night club after being ordered by a judge to submit to random drug and alcohol testing as part of her custody battle. So whatever pity I might have is erased by the stupidy of her actions given the current situation. How dumb is this woman anyways?

    Techman
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  12. #12

    Imho!

    I think women are gaining respect, in the future I see a day where women professionals outnumber men. I suspect this very strongly because of the fact that today, there are more women in universities than there are men.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman
    I think women are gaining respect, in the future I see a day where women professionals outnumber men. I suspect this very strongly because of the fact that today, there are more women in universities than there are men.
    I suppose men like you will be raising children.
    Quote Originally Posted by beautydigger
    Women were hectored into thinking motherhood is unfulfilling and were rooted out of their homes to ascend the corporate ladder. Babes still in diapers were shunted off to day care.
    Last edited by beautydigger; 09-21-2007 at 04:20 PM.

  14. #14

    Talking

    BD,

    I understand it's dark in there but have no fear. The handle must be to your left. Turn it clockwise. The door will open. Step out.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Montana
    BD,

    I understand it's dark in there but have no fear. The handle must be to your left. Turn it clockwise. The door will open. Step out.
    That's funny ZM, but I miss the obfuscation we are all so used to in your posts. You bring to mind the impression of so many members here that are women trapped in mens bodies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •