I have fixed up my stand by car this summer so that I can start the new car buying process. Here are a few secrets.
1) Start shopping now, buy to buy later. Much later. I do not plan to make the purchase until the dead of winter in January or February.
2) Always get the botom line price. Otherwise they will tack on extra charges later.
3) Shop all over the city and bring your best price to your nearest dealer.
4) Do not buy on the spot or even on the day they want you to buy. Your the boss.
5) Buy at the end of the month. They need to keep up quotas. the best deals are at that time.
6) If the dealer has a board on the wall that tells you which salesperson has sold the most for the month. Go to that person. The manager will allow more discount to the good saleperson.
Any other hobbyist have any suggestions on the new car buying process?