So this is the full story about the lady that got tased by the cops on cnn's website; http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/26/tas...man/index.html .
I read this previously, about a week ago, and then saw it in the news again today, and read today's news, and I find it just too god damn ridiculous. So ridiculous that I had to make a post on MERB something completely irrelevant to this forum and give my opinion.
This lady is CLEARLY NOT a victim! I don't understand why so many people are so interested in her case that she has to get so much publicity and gets to go on national tv saying how she was a victim of this cop and how the cop overused his power and should not have tasered her so many times etc etc etc....
1. Had she not been in that bar DRUNK and shown disorderly conduct.. and throw an object at the barperson... the cop would have never been called or had to show up at that bar.
2. Had she not tried to run away from the cop and go into someone else's car, the cop would have never had to tased her. Did I mention during this whole time she was drunk and disturbing the peace?
3. Had she just co-operated and gone with the cop to his car, she would have NEVER been tased.
4. Had she not kept being so bewildered and crazy and DRUNK and just listened to the cop and obey his orders, she would not have kept on being tased.
5. Had she not KICKED OUT the window from the police cruiser.... she would NOT have been tased also.
6. If she was to co-operate while going to the other police cruiser and not acted like a lunatic and tried to run away again, she would not have been tased AGAIN!
Point being, DON'T BE A DRUNKASS, DON'T TRY TO RUN AWAY FROM THE COPS, DON'T KICK OUT THEIR PATROL CAR WINDOWS, AND DON'T TRY TO RUN AWAY.....AGAIN!!!.... and he won't have to pull out the taser on you....
I mean, in all honestly, we all "hate" cops/pigs, whatever you want to call them. But the reason we hate them is because they got us doing stuff we shouldn't be doing, speeding/uturns on solids lines/running a yellow etc... and i'm sure there are a fair share of stories out there where police officers have REALLY gone over their power... but overall... they are here to try to protect us. I mean, this is coming from a guy that probably has 15 points off his driver's license that needs to be defended by his lawyer or else he'll lose his license... but nevertheless... I STRONGLY believe cops are there to help us and protect us...
Can you imagine and picture living in a city/country where there are no cops, and it is run by thugs and terrorists or whatever othey crap there are out there to worry about? We don't have to think/worry about that picture because we have police officers everyday risking their lives to try to protect innocent people that are not out there to cause trouble.
When was the last time you saw a normal person crossing the street minding his own business get smacked down by a cop? Never, at least not to my knowledge. How often have you seen a thug or a bunch of kids try to rob/jack that normal person crossing the street minding his own business? If it were not for the cops being around, there'd probably be a lot more of these senseless acts of violence from people.
All in all, I hate it when I get a ticket from a cop. But in the end, when it comes to real serious and violent situations where a normal person like you and I would run away from the scene, that is the first place where you'll find cops. They'll go in and risk their lives, to try and help protect the innocent people around. This cop that tasered the woman, GOOD JOB to you! If i were him, i'd do the exact same thing. I don't know what she has on her, and if she has any weapons or sharp objects. I have a family and kids to go home to, I risk my life to protect innocent victims, but I would not risk endangering my own life or the welfare of my family over a drunkass of a lady that is causing so much ruckus!
Unfortunately, this cop is on paid leave, and this lady is on national television telling "her story" of how scared and what a victim she was... unbelieveable.. shit like that just makes you think that being the good guy is really not worth it sometimes... he's taking all this heat for only doing his job properly...
Please give your opinions as well.