Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Wanted: Habs v. Columbus 2/23

  1. #1

    Wanted: Habs v. Columbus 2/23

    Merbites...
    My friends and I are looking for either 2 or 4 seats to the game in the title of this thread! We have tried finding seats via MERB, sadly with little luck! We know about Craigslist and StubHub etc... but, any advice would help! We need atleast a pair of seats and maybe two pair! Prefer to be out of the corners or ends and don't mind higher levels as long as they are near center ice....I don't want too much...lol Anyway, feel free to PM me or leave a post and thanks!
    The Teacher

  2. #2
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,819

    Check on Ebay...there's a pair of tickets being sold there

    Right now, there are two seats located in the 400 level on Ebay for that game. It's also the night where they'll retire Bob Gainey's jersey. He's getting his jersey retired 'as a player', not as a GM. So far, he's sucked as a GM for that sad-sack bunch of losers. The bids on that pair of tickets are now at $102.50.

    I'm surprised they have a team like Columbus playing in Mtl on Saturday night. I'm even more surprised that the team didn't wait until next year to retire Gainey's jersey in order to have it get retired in front of his old team, the Dallas Stars. The only reason i can figure why it's been done when the team is playing Columbus is in order to get the fans to come to the game & sell tickets.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Right now, there are two seats located in the 400 level on Ebay for that game. It's also the night where they'll retire Bob Gainey's jersey. He's getting his jersey retired 'as a player', not as a GM. So far, he's sucked as a GM for that sad-sack bunch of losers. The bids on that pair of tickets are now at $102.50.

    I'm surprised they have a team like Columbus playing in Mtl on Saturday night. I'm even more surprised that the team didn't wait until next year to retire Gainey's jersey in order to have it get retired in front of his old team, the Dallas Stars. The only reason i can figure why it's been done when the team is playing Columbus is in order to get the fans to come to the game & sell tickets.
    Thanks for the advice Doc Holliday....EBay can be great! Do you think it'll be easy to get tickets as the game gets closer seeing as it is Columbus? That is the vibe I get from your post....Thanks
    The Teacher

  4. #4
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,819
    Quote Originally Posted by The Teacher
    Thanks for the advice Doc Holliday....EBay can be great! Do you think it'll be easy to get tickets as the game gets closer seeing as it is Columbus? That is the vibe I get from your post....Thanks
    The Teacher
    These days, i'm actually shocked that you can't get tickets for free! The Habs are probably the worse team in hockey right now.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    854
    I was there yesterday night. So sad. No spirit, no action, a total waist of time. I was a fan of Carbonneau as a player and i was happy to see him back as a coach. But i can't understand somes of his decisions. Like to put a defensemen in his first line. Have 2 defensemen in the offensive line-up. Let Kovalev on the bench in the "tirs de barrage" and try again Kotsisyn who is so nervous that he lost the puck or skate like a turtle to make sure that he won't lose it.

    Anyway, i got tickets for one game a year and i'm glad it's over...

    Lovelegs

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    These days, i'm actually shocked that you can't get tickets for free! The Habs are probably the worse team in hockey right now.
    Doc...I would love freebies....know anyone? LOL
    The Teacher

  7. #7
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,819
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelegs
    I was there yesterday night. So sad. No spirit, no action, a total waist of time. I was a fan of Carbonneau as a player and i was happy to see him back as a coach. But i can't understand somes of his decisions. Like to put a defensemen in his first line. Have 2 defensemen in the offensive line-up. Let Kovalev on the bench in the "tirs de barrage" and try again Kotsisyn who is so nervous that he lost the puck or skate like a turtle to make sure that he won't lose it.

    Carbonneau isn't as much to blame as Gainey & the scouting staff are. Carbo doesn't really have much talent to work with. He works with was Gainey gives him. I agree that some of his moves are making many people scratch their heads, but when players (Ryder)being paid $4 million a year to score goals aren't scoring, what else can you do? They've been overpaying for useless free agent talent for the past few years & this isn't Carbo's fault. Last year, the big problem was scoring at even strenght, at center & more scoring on the wings. Gainey failed to address those issues. As for Kovy not participating in the shootout, he supposedly had a hand injury which prevented him from shooting, which is why he asked to be left out of the shootout. They better hope that his injury isn't too severe!!


    Back to the topic....if i were you, i'd head over to the Bell Center with your friends 5 minutes prior to game time & check around what is being offered. I wouldn't be surprised if the ticket prices go down considerably once the game has started.

  8. #8
    Thanks for the advice Doc...I'll let ya know how it goes!
    The Teacher

  9. #9
    Habs Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    MTL.
    Posts
    1,892

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    So far, he's sucked as a GM for that sad-sack bunch of losers.
    describes JFJ and the Maple Laffs perfectly!
    Bière Froide, Cold Beer! Tricolore jusqu'au bout!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_ll-k_zzI
    Les Canadiens sont là!

  10. #10
    Habs Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    MTL.
    Posts
    1,892

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    i'm actually shocked that you can't get tickets for free!
    After 40 long seasons without so much as a sniff of the Stanley Cup finals, they should be giving away free tickets in Toronto!

    As for Montreal, every game at the Bell Centre is sold out months in advance. Unlike fickle, fair weather and band-wagon jumping Leaf fans, Habs fans stick with their team
    Bière Froide, Cold Beer! Tricolore jusqu'au bout!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_ll-k_zzI
    Les Canadiens sont là!

  11. #11
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,819
    Quote Originally Posted by gohabsgo
    After 40 long seasons without so much as a sniff of the Stanley Cup finals, they should be giving away free tickets in Toronto!
    There goes gohabsgo still living in the past. We're approaching 2008, my man!

    Quote Originally Posted by gohabsgo
    As for Montreal, every game at the Bell Centre is sold out months in advance. Unlike fickle, fair weather and band-wagon jumping Leaf fans, Habs fans stick with their team
    Funny, since i've never had trouble obtaining tickets at the last minute whenever i'm in town. At cost. The people selling me their tickets 'at cost' must be all those disappointed habs fans that bought their tickets way too early & now want to dump them.

  12. #12
    Habs Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    MTL.
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by The Teacher
    Merbites...
    My friends and I are looking for either 2 or 4 seats to the game in the title of this thread! We have tried finding seats via MERB, sadly with little luck! We know about Craigslist and StubHub etc... but, any advice would help! We need atleast a pair of seats and maybe two pair! Prefer to be out of the corners or ends and don't mind higher levels as long as they are near center ice....I don't want too much...lol Anyway, feel free to PM me or leave a post and thanks!
    The Teacher
    On the 15th of every month, you can buy a limited number of tickets for games in the following month, so you might get a pair if you try on January 15th at 10am

    http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?s...LPage&id=18077
    Bière Froide, Cold Beer! Tricolore jusqu'au bout!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_ll-k_zzI
    Les Canadiens sont là!

  13. #13
    Thanks for the 411 Doc...
    The Teacher

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •