We have been implementing the rule of no questions on unreviewed providers. Statistically, we get about 3 questions per day about a provider on any website, craigslist, annonces123, kijiji (not anymore), and some new websites.
We were quick to remove them and send a standard PM about rule 2. vi which states:
vi) Refrain from asking questions, on New, Un-reviewed and Non-advertising Agencies, SPs, or MPs, as well as posting website links, addresses, telephone numbers, or any contact information on the aforementioned. Do your homework ("Search Function" above). This is a review board, and reviews should come first. We do not welcome shilling attempts.
Members have answered back with a confused reply as to why such questions cannot be asked. So I am letting members debate on this so that we can have a closure.
Here are the arguments for removing those posts:
1. MERB is not a reference site. At this rate, MERB will contain all the URLs and copies of newspaper ads out there. Craigslist is the most reference site lately and it is growing. Our opinion is that most ads are fakes, but any new irregular ads are mentioned in Escort 411.
2. Reviews come first.
3. We cannot differentiate shilling and questions. Questions can be innocently asked but then bumped up because the member wasn’t satisfied with the no answer thread. Is that bumping/shilling or desperation for answers?
4. Unfairness to advertisers. Some SPs choose to advertise for free on other sites. And yet MERB can only exist because of SPs advertising here. Many SPs who have started on craigslist and annonces123, have finally come and advertise here on MERB (Ally, Amelie, Athana, Cathy123456789 to name a few). MERB has the leverage of making or breaking a new business (SP). Members want to find the gem and pour in money and yet that SP on craigslist, for example, has returned nothing to the community.
5. Member not willing to take financial risk. Lately, "taking one for the team" has not been mentioned anymore. We prefer the safe agencies or ask the question hoping another member has lost his bet.
6. The amount of posts. We are already having a hard time monitoring all posts, and shilling requires a lot of follow-up.
Do understand that craigslist and annonces123 will always have ads that you wish were detailed in a review. If it is not reviewed, simply accept that fact.