Thread: Hotel help

Hotel help

Hoping not to get flamed for this, but I have been through the hotel threads and most of them are kind of old, at least what I saw.

I am planning a trip at the end of the month. Last time I came to Montreal, the exchange rate was fine. Now it's horrible, so I need to try to pinch a few pennies.

Do any of the services like hotwire and priceline allow you select before you commit? How do you make sure you are getting an SP-friendly hotel if you are shooting blind like this?

Thanks for help. I don't want to get stuck in a toilet or in a place where I can't get the women into the building without embarrassing both of us.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bumfie
    I have been through the hotel threads and most of them are kind of old, at least what I saw.
    bumfie,

After doing a simple search, the 6 hotel threads (on the 1st page of results) have posts as recent as 2 days ago. The hotel bidding thread alone exceeds 500 posts, some of which would surely answer your hotwire/priceline questions.

Hope this helps,

Voyager

Hoping not to get flamed for this
    ps I'm sure the actual flaming will follow this post
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

OK, I blew it. Thanks for going easy on me. I am new to the bidding thing and am just nervous about getting some SP-unfriendly hotel.

Veteran of Misadventures
    bumfie,

I am not going to flame you but you are killing me, man! I poured my guts into the hotel bidding thread answering this stuff but here it is in a nutshell:

PL 4 stars: Omni, Intercontinental, Sheraton, Hilton, start bidding at $65-70

PL 3 stars: Hyatt, Doubletree, Delta, Novotel, Holiday Inn Select, start bidding at $48-$50

They are all SP friendly except Novotel you need elevator pass after 6:00 p.m.

Thank you, man. Now maybe the mod will have pity on me and delete this thread.

That's what I get for taking a pain pill in the afternoon before posting...

Novotel is not so bad. I just go up to the desk and say Mr. So-and-so in room XYZ is expecting me. They call the room and then either give me a key or use their key to send me up. This way you do not have to sit around the lobby waiting for your date.

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

I don't want to get stuck in a toilet
    Might make for an interesting time or at least a few free hours if the SP got stuck in there with ya....

Quote Originally Posted by 455tec
    Might make for an interesting time or at least a few free hours if the SP got stuck in there with ya....
    I always suspected you were a kinky bast@rd! LOL

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtylady
    Novotel is not so bad. I just go up to the desk and say Mr. So-and-so in room XYZ is expecting me. They call the room and then either give me a key or use their key to send me up. This way you do not have to sit around the lobby waiting for your date.

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    Not everyone wants the front desk personnel to know they're seeing companions.

Here's a twist on the whole thing: I got the InterContinental. I just called to confirm and mentioned that I had requested a king bed, and the hotel said sorry, they cannot confirm any kind of bed.

If I go there and get two single beds I am going to be mighty pissed off.

Veteran of Misadventures
    bumfie,

Chill out dude! You make these requests when you check in. There is no way for the hotel to know what is available days in advance. You will get a king bed, don't worry. The only issue when you get there for check in is they may not have one ready right away. Sometimes you have to wait an hour or two for one to come available but at this time of year, depending on what day you check in, should be no problema.

I can tell you don't have too much hotel experience, but just take a deep breath and relax! When I checked in ten days ago, got a king non-smoking immediately on request at check in at about 1:00 p.m.!!!! See my review!

You the best, Beav. I must need some Montreal relaxation.

Name Retired.
    Hoping not to get flamed for this, but I have been through the hotel threads and most of them are kind of old, at least what I saw.

I am planning a trip at the end of the month. Last time I came to Montreal, the exchange rate was fine. Now it's horrible, so I need to try to pinch a few pennies.

Do any of the services like hotwire and priceline allow you select before you commit? How do you make sure you are getting an SP-friendly hotel if you are shooting blind like this?

Thanks for help. I don't want to get stuck in a toilet or in a place where I can't get the women into the building without embarrassing both of us.
    Hello Bumfie,

I tried priceline.com for the first time last year. I got a terrfic hotel (Hyatt) for 75.00 a night and could have gotten it for several dollars less. At this time of year try for a four star hotel downtown and start bidding at $55.00. Then if you need to go higher bid in two dollar increments. But don't rush it. Make them wait. If you can't get a four star hotel under 65.00 try a three star hotel and start at 50.00. At this time of the year things are so slow I am sure you can get a great place very cheaply.

Good luck,

Korbel
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!