Thread: what do u think of this winter strom 08-03-09

what do u think of this winter strom 08-03-09

this is by far the worest i have seen lo thia will go down in history
    they say 72 was big

Quote Originally Posted by heretoread
    they say 72 was big
    Actually, the year was 71 and the date was March 4th. Today's storm, in comparison, is a breeze.

Someone here knows his classification codes.

Snow storms always make me think of fireplaces, and of staying in bed going at it all day.... too bad I am all alone at the moment!

I remember that storm of '71/'72 (whichever year!). I was a little girl and we had had a b-day party for my younger brother. Many guests ended up sleeping over due to the snow! I remember looking out the window seeing my father waist deep in snow. I also remember being mad at my mom because she wouldn't let me out to go play in the snow! The snow was deeper than I was tall and she was afraid that I would get buried!

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoread
    they say 72 was big
    Keep your fingers crossed. With any luck Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto will all set local records this year and you can say YOU were there to witness them!

Today's storm, in comparison, is a breeze

Is it because of today’s technology?
    i think that certainly help
    But ask the people who where trap
    On the highways had to abandon there cars
    Will we ever learn to stay put in bed when they say a big storm is coming

I am me, too!
    I was a kid in '71 so all I remember was the "fun factor"! We used to climb on the roof of my friend's house and jump down, having to swim to come back up! Got stopped very fast when the mom noticed there was "noise" on the roof! The snow was reaching to about 3 feets from the roofline.

Today at my place, near Ottawa, there's about 6 feets of snow in my backyard, due to the wind pushing it all over the place. My front neighbor have about 10 feets in front of his house.

Cross fingers that was the last one!

Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo
    Keep your fingers crossed. With any luck Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto will all set local records this year and you can say YOU were there to witness them!
    This morning I heard on the news that Quebec City is now at 4.50 meters so far and is 28 cm short of the record set in '65. As I lived through those years in Quebec City, we always had snow to roof edges, and even in the past years with less snow. But this is by far the most snow I've seen in Montreal since I moved here but it seems like a regular winter in QC.
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say - Marshall McLuhan

Thumbs up

If I hear 1 more skier/snow boarder/snow mobiler say how FU##ING great it is, I won't be posting for a long time. Bring on summer, in all it's short skirt glory.
    Shorter of breath...One day closer to death. Pink Floyd

1 of the worst winters everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cant wait for it to be over